Thread: Pacifier question

Default Pacifier question

I have been curious lately about pacifiers. I ordered a NUK 5 from babypants just so I can try it and see how I like it. Before it gets here I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought a 2 pack of pacifiers that the pack specified are for 18-36 mth. kids. Is the NUK 5 bigger than the ones that I bought tonight? I don't know a whole lot about pacifiers, so please forgive me for this possibly simple question!

I've bought two Nuk5 from Baby Pants, Adult Size Baby Products in the last year. I got the white unmodified ones. I haven't tried any of the modified ones. The Nuk5 has a bigger teet on them than the biggest pacifiers that you can get from a retail store like Walmart or Target. The Nuk5 is meant for adult usage and the Walmart Nuks are really for actual babies. I find that the Nuk5 is more comfortable to use and it stays in my mouth all night during sleep. The ones from Walmart would occasionally pop out of my mouth during sleep.

I hope you enjoy your Nuk5 as much as I do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paci.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	20195

A comparison to other pacifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCoyote View Post
    I've bought two Nuk5 from Baby Pants, Adult Size Baby Products in the last year. I got the white unmodified ones. I haven't tried any of the modified ones. The Nuk5 has a bigger teet on them than the biggest pacifiers that you can get from a retail store like Walmart or Target. The Nuk5 is meant for adult usage and the Walmart Nuks are really for actual babies. I find that the Nuk5 is more comfortable to use and it stays in my mouth all night during sleep. The ones from Walmart would occasionally pop out of my mouth during sleep.

I hope you enjoy your Nuk5 as much as I do.
    Thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by ShAd0w10 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paci.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	20195

A comparison to other pacifiers.
    Thank you. The ones I got last night look more like the one in the middle of the picture. Am I correct in assuming that the one on the for right is the NUK 5?

Quote Originally Posted by UGAFAN1985 View Post
    Thank you for the input.

Thank you. The ones I got last night look more like the one in the middle of the picture. Am I correct in assuming that the one on the for right is the NUK 5?
    Yes. The Nuk 5 (on the right) is bigger than the regular pacifiers sold in stores. So special that you can't even buy Nuk 5's in stores (in America as much as I know). They are really expensive as in the $20's and $30's, but they are definitely worth it. Aside from Babypants one can get them at Inner-Child, Amazon, eBay (check to make sure it's brand new and mint condition first), Pacifiers R Us, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by UGAFAN1985 View Post
    Thank you for the input.

Yup.