Thread: What's the likelihood?

Default What's the likelihood?

So I work in the church world and sometimes with teenage individuals.
    Recently I've seen several of those people post drawings/art to facebook that is anthropomorphic and/or furry-like. I'm not into furry stuff myself but here's my question:

What's the likelihood of a teenager drawing this stuff and NOT being into furry-play/interest/fetish/whatever? Followup -- Is babyfur an optional add-on to being a furry?

Okay, I don't know. I can think of reasons where one might technically fit as a furry but not be aware or interested in the community. I once commissioned an artist to do drawings for a game that would certainly be considered furry art and I had no idea as to the existence of the fandom and I don't expect he was furry either. It was just a job.

Even if one does identify that way, it's a whole spectrum of interests and intensity, much as anything with sufficiently broad membership and complexity would be. Babyfurs are a subset within furries but can be something of a touchy subject. They're part of that previously mentioned spectrum of interests. In short, it's a clue but I wouldn't assume anything. Is this just idle curiosity or is it supposed to mean something?

I wouldn't think a whole lot of it. Anthropomorphic animals are just fun. I was a 90s kid, and literally every person I knew, myself included - would draw what could be thought of as furry art. There's a whole generation of people out there breastfed on Sonic the Hedgehog... And while I think some of us may have ended up furry, the furry fandom isn't the only place a person could have garnered interest in anthros. There are scores of cartoons, animated movies, et cetera... That a person could just be an innocent fan of.

And as Trevor said, being a "furry" can have a wide range of intensity. It doesn't necessarily mean the same thing for two different people... For example: Though I call myself a babyfur, I don't align with the fandom. I don't have an account on FurAffinity (a widely popular art hub for talented furs), and I am a "furry" in the sense that I think the art is sometimes cute to look at and that is literally it. Never fursuited, never been to a convention, not interested in anything "yiff", etc. I am essentially the weakest and most laissez-faire example of a furry fandom member.

the majority of my middle and early high school classmates were all fans of drawing anthropomorphic animals as well as my oldest cousin who was also an artist. I also currently have a friend who still enjoys drawing anthropomorphic animals, and is not a furry. Neither were any of my classmates or my cousin. So its a pretty high possibility that they are not furries.

As for being a babyfur, I dont believe its an additional add-on to being a furry because when i would play Guild Wars 2, i was part of a Furry guild and I was the only ABDL or Babyfur in the entire guild of 2000 furries. Granted, I apply the babyfur title to myself very loosely, just as henni put it. Im not part of the fandom at all, but the idea of being dressed as a diaper-wearing kitty cat is cute to me. But the extent of my "furry fandom" goes about as far as being a Neko girl :P so not really all that furry anyway.

Like henni pointed out, there's a lot of cartoons, movies, video games, etc. out there that involve what would be considered anthromorphic animals. I was one of those kids who sort of grew up with Sonic. The teenagers in question may not have ever even heard of the furry fandom.

I would consider babyfur to be a little minority group within the fandom.

I wouldn't think much of it personally. I grew up in the 90's and during that time there was a lot of Anthromorphic animal cartoon characters such as: Sonic The Hedgehog, Franklin, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.

Babyfurs are a minority in the fur fandom