Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tena Slip Maxi Review

Go figure, all I could get was Sm, they fit, but "barely" without using an extension, have not blown off the tapes yet, will see after a few hours. Once they stretched a bit, they feel pretty good!

I sampled the newer Tena Slip Maxi with the fabric sides and plastic center from XP Medical. So far, I have tested two and each has been terrible. The plastic backing separates from the fabric sides exposing the absorbent material inside and if not caught, would completely leak all over. The diaper also gradually gets looser over time and eventually sags a lot becoming very leak prone. Tena totally screwed these up. I surprised they put these into production the way they are. I do like the Molicare Comfort Super which is very similar in design (plastic center, breathable sides, trim cut), but I haven't had problems with the backing separating or sagging as badly as these new Slips. Hopefully the new all plastic Tena Slip Maxi Actives that people have mentioned will make their way to the U.S. In the meantime, I stocked up on the original all plastic backed Slip Maxis which will last me quite a while.

I can confirm the issues with the new Tena Original product, which looks like it should be a plastic Maxi with breathable sides. It's actually more like a bad version of the old Super model. I have yet to compare it to the CF maxi.

I am now using the new Tena Active Fit Maxi. It is quite similar to the old plastic Tena Slip. The only thing that is removed is the thick landing zone in the front. The nappy has now standard tapes with 2 pieces that allow refastening.

There are only a few countries where the Tena Acive Fit is Available. The ones I am wearing are imported via my usual webshop from Sweden.

yurguardianangel

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post
    I am now using the new Tena Active Fit Maxi. It is quite similar to the old plastic Tena Slip. The only thing that is removed is the thick landing zone in the front. The nappy has now standard tapes with 2 pieces that allow refastening.

There are only a few countries where the Tena Acive Fit is Available. The ones I am wearing are imported via my usual webshop from Sweden.
    I want to try those next and tena active fit ultima in plastic too.

The landing zone on the old type plastic tena slip maxi mediums I got is more than just refastening them.
    It stops the plastic stretching out, that ones without the landing zone tend to do when soaked.

Good diaper, very descreate but is cloth backed and tabs are made of velcro. But other than that good diaper

Very discrete diaper and can handle more then you think :O but not as much as other thicker once but still a lot more then you think :O

Sorry if I am reviving an old thread, but seeing as they are just making there way into the US, are they available at many stores yet? Online ordering isn't ideal for me.