Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Saying it

Default Trouble Saying it

All of my life I was scared to say the word "diaper" because I thought (very irrationally) that somehow people around me would be able to tell I was a DL.

I recently came out to my girlfriend who was super accepting, but I have still have trouble saying "diaper" out loud around her and everyone else.

Does anyone else have this issue or have strategies to overcome this?

Look in the mirror and say it out loud to yourself a few times, get your brain and mouth used to saying it - I kind of understand your situation, the brain and its workings is a funny thing. Because the word holds so much meaning for you yet means nothing to everyone else its so bizarre you hold back from saying it. Maybe there is a further underlying issues which will disappear now you can open up to your girlfriend about it, acceptance is a funny thing also. Just go for it. Look her in the eyes and say it, you will feel amazing.

For me, I got used to it after having to say it enough times over a walky-talky at Toys 'R Us. Masking it becomes easier if you can practice saying it out loud, even to yourself in private. Even if you do say it awkwardly and people catch it, the only people who will actually think you're a DL are other DLs; most will assume it was just a Freudian Slip.

I had a similar problem for awhile with my wife, until I just started using the word in conversations naturally. It gets easier the more you say it. Now it is nothing at all for me to say it. It will get much easier.

Just to use the word itself, no problem. But, in reference to me wearing one, yes, I have a hard time with it, even with my wife. For instance, when I get some giant unmarked boxes delivered, and she asks what they are, she knows exactly what I mean when I answer, "supplies." Then, "getting ready for bed" means I'm gonna get diapered up and get my footed pjs on. This persists even though diapers are now nearly a necessity at night rather than much of a fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    All of my life I was scared to say the word "diaper" because I thought (very irrationally) that somehow people around me would be able to tell I was a DL.

I recently came out to my girlfriend who was super accepting, but I have still have trouble saying "diaper" out loud around her and everyone else.
    My gosh, I've had the same thing all my life!

I think the advice that DexxKizwizard is a valid suggestion, as is those by the others who have replied. What needs to happen, really, is a catalyst for it to come into normal conversation...that's my only really

SMS works great also to say stuff you are affraid of, for me its a lot easier to write then talk

CrinklySiren

its relatively normal, i had the same issue at first too, but after talking about diapers non stop with my best friend at the time, the word became second nature.

i have the same problem, like i dont really like saying diaper so me and my GF found a word that we use (and other people wont understand if they saw out convorsations)