Thread: Ultimate Diaper Pack for Newbs: An Experiment

Default Ultimate Diaper Pack for Newbs: An Experiment

Hi there,

Xtrabulk here. I've read many thread posts where new folks (to the site or the fetish) would like to know what kind of diapers to get. And, some of us are pretty well versed in diapers. So, I was thinking: Can we come up with the ultimate, cheapest way to get the most variaty of diapers?

In short, could we construct the ultimate guide for newbs, offering them the most varity for the lowest cost?

I tried tonight. My hope is, you all will see the errors I've made and get these even cheaper. This way, new folks can exprience all the joys of our pastime. Anywho...here's mine. Could we add a cloth item or two?

XP Medical A+ Level 4 12.95 8 (XPMED)
    Bambino Variety Case 69.00 48 (Bambino)
    Wellness Superio Bag 24.99 18 (Wellness)
    ABU Ultra Sample Pak 16.00 12 (ABU)
    Tena Slip Maxi Sample 8.00 2 (Bambino)
    Abina Brand Sample Pak 9.95 7 (ABU)
    Tranquility ATN 15.63 12 (ABU)
    Large Booster 15.15 30 (Northsore)

Totals: Products Price (without shipping)

137 $171.67

Est. Cost w/shipping $200.00
    Cost per item: $1.47

I think someone with more patience could do better. Can you? Hell, I'd buy this assortment if I were a well-off newcomer to our...thing. Thoughts?

hmm I think it's a great idea for noobies but Molicares are a must for every DL! I know these are pricey but I would include at least 1 pack of 'em.
    so..

Molicare Super Plus $21.84 qty 14 P.E.$1.56 (prices taken from ABUniverse.com)

the rest looks OK to me.

This does not look like a package for newbies. This looks like a package for people who are experienced people. Newbies are not willing to pay $250 just to decide if they like something or not. The package needs to be a lot smaller and a lot cheaper.
    The concept is good though. Similar to what HDI S has.

I would not recommend a case of Bambinos for someone starting out! I recently ordered samples from ABU and Bambino because I was trying to figure out the size of each that fits me best. I ordered two ABU ultra sample packs (1 medium and 1 large) and two sample packs from Bambino (medium & large Teddy/Bellissimo). The ABU ultra sample pack comes with Abena, Tranquility ATN and Wellness (my samples sadly did not have wellness). The ABU ultra sample pack has a nice variety and was very informative.
    The nice thing about Bambino are the 1 each med/lrg samples. so I got 4 diapers total and that helped a great deal. I would be mad if I ordered a case of medium Bellissimos and they didn't fit ( according to the stated size they should fit me, but they dont!). So I learned how Bambinos fit me and YES, there is a sizing difference between medium teddys/classico/bianco and Bellissimos (Bellissimos run smaller!).
    Noobs should be led to sample packs especially if they are in the middle of the sizes (like me) and not to packs or cases. Just my 2 cents!

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    This does not look like a package for newbies. This looks like a package for people who are experienced people. Newbies are not willing to pay $250 just to decide if they like something or not. The package needs to be a lot smaller and a lot cheaper.
    The concept is good though. Similar to what HDI S has.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. And as a follow up to your post I just wanted to complete the idea so others, more specifically the newbs, can see what a deal this can be, and what they get to try out. Here's what HDIS offers for just $12.00

The Brief Variety Pack includes 2 of each of the following:

Reassure® Overnight Briefs
    Reassure® Maximum Briefs
    Depend® Maximum Protection Briefs
    Wings Choice® Plus Briefs
    Attends® Breathable Briefs Without Waistband
    Attends® Briefs With Waistband
    TENA® Super Briefs
    TENA® Ultra Briefs
    TENA® Ultra Stretch Briefs
    Tranquility® SlimLine Briefs
    Tranquility® All-Through-the-Night Briefs
    Abena Abri-Form Premium Briefs
    Plus, FREE SAMPLES of Reassure Travel Pack Washcloth

Now that's a good deal for several different diapers!

I wish I could get one of those every, three or four months. A little bit of variety from the crappy ones I have to deal with now.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I wish I could get one of those every, three or four months.
    Well, a little bit of a silver lining is I think they allow you to order that twice a year. I know it isn't much, but at least it isn't a once and done deal.