View Poll Results: Do you feel DL's that are 50% sexually into diapers that became AB's are real AB's?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 53.13%
  • No

4 12.50%
  • Maybe

9 28.13%
  • Other

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions I can not answer myself.

Question Questions I can not answer myself.

Do you feel people who like diapers sexually and for the softness of them should be considered within the same group of ab/dls?

What if they became a AB later on down the road, do you think it is wrong for them to to still be sexually turned on from diapers? Do you consider them true ab's still?

Do you feel those people should stop being called ab's and use a different name? Are you afraid of the stereotypes that might come with it? Do you realize that stereotypes will be made up regardless of what happens?

For those of you that do like diapers in a sexually manner and are AB, do you feel like you taint your innocence of your younger self for being that way?

I used to be a dl only and when i tried some AB things I ended up liking them a lot. It seemed to fit everything I sorta thought about myself as.

Before I knew of abdl stuff I wasn't in any rush to grow up. Certain things that people said were only for little kids never clicked in my head. I never saw why we must give up certain things because of a simple number. I always saw it as if you got bored of it then you move on maybe but don't just quit because everyone else is quitting too. Like personally to me cartoons don't seem like a childish thing at all, but some people in our society automatically associate it with something that only little children watch.

I guess what I am trying to ask is; Should I feel wrong for being this way?

No, you should not feel wrong for being that way. Many people are somewhere in between being an AB and DL, and not many people are solely one or the other. Furthermore, what do you mean by "real" AB? As far as I am aware, most people have their own preferences when it comes to being an AB, which makes it very difficult to define what a "real" AB is.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    "..."..."

I guess what I am trying to ask is; Should I feel wrong for being this way?
    Short answer...no!

Diapers have some or all of a ...
    • symbolic meaning
    • practical purpose
    • and tactile purpose too

...and it can be any one, or combination of these aspects for each person...

I think perhaps the issue that you are having...may be due to an overly literal interpretation of the symbolic-diaper.

...quite possibly too, you get a 'good' feeling or stimulation to a particular erogenous area...which may be further bolstered by the associations to the symbolic...

However, that could come from feeling 'dirty' or 'naughty'...or the excitement that may come from the risk of someone finding out...wetting or other in your diaper which usually causes more of each feeling (warm, squishy, wet...and/or dirty, taboo, etc)

But, could also come from the innocence, vulnerability, etc...and perhaps the almost dissociative peculiarity from being in baby/little mode...and a sort of time/space warp conundrum that comes from this duality of identity of sorts... (potentially huge perspectives shifts).

Diapers and related connections can affect so many of the senses, and perspectives...there are so many connotations...

Stimulation and simulations too in a manner of speaking...

It may take some time for you to find reconciliation to your particular needs, interests, and proclivities...but, try not to worry, or over-analyze it... a healthy prospecting into what makes it work for you is good...particularly were it helps you come to your own terms and naturalization to it...

-Marka

Smile

Should I feel wrong for being this way?
    Hell, no! Everyone is different and (if you aren't harming or disturbing anyone else) then who cares? AB and DL (and AB/DL, etc., etc.) are just labels. And labels aren't some kind of exclusive club that require a psychological analysis and "purity test" get in to. Labels are things that humans invent and sometimes adopt for themselves. You're a human! Invent some labels and belong to whatever club you like! Or use existing ones if you think they fit! If you change, change your labels! No one can tell you who you are or what your labels mean to you -- you know that better than anyone else, so don't let their labels bother you.

There's nothing wrong with sexual fetishes (as long as they only involve consenting adults), and there's nothing wrong with being AB. If my calculations are correct... ... NOTHING WRONG + NOTHING WRONG = NOTHING WRONG So being an AB who gets sexually turned on by diapers is NOT wrong! I proved it!

Oh... hang on a minute... We'll need another equation for being sexually attracted to diapers whilst simultaneously being regressive. An AB mindset with sexual thoughts doesn't sound healthy! But hmmmm... ... (jabs away furiously at pocket calculator)... By Jove! NOTHING WRONG2 = NOTHING WRONG too! You're totally in the clear!

Tomatoes are fruit, but I don't read the label and put them in the fruit bowl.

Eat what you like! Break the rules! Do silly things like put carrot in your cake or cheese in your dessert! Sometimes things just work and you don't need to care about why they do. Just enjoy.

Please forgive me, but I am not understanding the poll or OP. How does the percentage of sexual interest in diapers relate to the realness of being AB? The state of being an AB is not influenced by past thoughts, understandings, or activities. One cannot even be what one did not know exists. Why would you know of your AB interests until you experienced them?

AB is a range of interests; DL is also a range of interests. Together, they make the X and Y axis of a graph. At any point in time, the coordinates may be known, but they are not fixed in place. The scales do not even match between people. No two people even have the same term definitions. Trying to compare you to what you understand as the norm is counterproductive.

It is not wrong to feel the way you are. There is a reason Diaper Lovers and Adult Babies are separate entities: they are apples and oranges. I keep them separate, but some people make fruit salad out of both. While I cannot understand why, neither is wrong. Getting too concerned about minute details will just cause inappropriate anxiety over nothing.

Just have fun and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Please forgive me, but I am not understanding the poll or OP. How does the percentage of sexual interest in diapers relate to the realness of being AB? The state of being an AB is not influenced by past thoughts, understandings, or activities. One cannot even be what one did not know exists. Why would you know of your AB interests until you experienced them?

AB is a range of interests; DL is also a range of interests. Together, they make the X and Y axis of a graph. At any point in time, the coordinates may be known, but they are not fixed in place. The scales do not even match between people. No two people even have the same term definitions. Trying to compare you to what you understand as the norm is counterproductive.

It is not wrong to feel the way you are. There is a reason Diaper Lovers and Adult Babies are separate entities: they are apples and oranges. I keep them separate, but some people make fruit salad out of both. While I cannot understand why, neither is wrong. Getting too concerned about minute details will just cause inappropriate anxiety over nothing.

Just have fun and be safe.
    What I was trying to get at was my process of thinking back then wasn't following societies mainstream thought process. Sorry for the confusion, I am just really bad with explaining myself it seems.

Also I don't fully see AB's and DL's as separate things, I personally see them as one whole thing. The issue is when you have two different people that are strictly ab or dl. The question is do they accept you becoming one later instead of being that way at first. Will they accept you or feel like your not fully one of them.

Yes I know that these are only labels but personally I have read so much stuff about how abdls treat other abdls that are outcasted. I know we say we don't have rules and regulations but I sorta feel adisc slowly implements them in your head by what the general mass of the community says. I don't want to be kicked out or outcasted by this community, which generates worrying about everything I do abdl related.

I would feel better if I did not have to worry about that though, but sadly that will not happen because no mater what we do someone will say something against it.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Hell, no! Everyone is different and (if you aren't harming or disturbing anyone else) then who cares? AB and DL (and AB/DL, etc., etc.) are just labels. And labels aren't some kind of exclusive club that require a psychological analysis and "purity test" get in to. Labels are things that humans invent and sometimes adopt for themselves. You're a human! Invent some labels and belong to whatever club you like! Or use existing ones if you think they fit! If you change, change your labels! No one can tell you who you are or what your labels mean to you -- you know that better than anyone else, so don't let their labels bother you.

There's nothing wrong with sexual fetishes (as long as they only involve consenting adults), and there's nothing wrong with being AB. If my calculations are correct... ... NOTHING WRONG + NOTHING WRONG = NOTHING WRONG So being an AB who gets sexually turned on by diapers is NOT wrong! I proved it!

Oh... hang on a minute... We'll need another equation for being sexually attracted to diapers whilst simultaneously being regressive. An AB mindset with sexual thoughts doesn't sound healthy! But hmmmm... ... (jabs away furiously at pocket calculator)... By Jove! NOTHING WRONG2 = NOTHING WRONG too! You're totally in the clear!

Tomatoes are fruit, but I don't read the label and put them in the fruit bowl.

Eat what you like! Break the rules! Do silly things like put carrot in your cake or cheese in your dessert! Sometimes things just work and you don't need to care about why they do. Just enjoy.
    This made me laugh.

I worry/think to much about things. I guess I am to worried about being casted out of this community.

Personally I hate making wrong decisions. I try and overthink stuff to help prevent that.

Yes I know it is the way of life to make mistakes and learn from them, but that won't stop me from thinking ahead. There are so many possibilities.

You yourself used the term AB/DL, which I take to mean a combination of the two. Someone who likes to regress and participate in "little" activities, but is also sexually attracted to diapers. I do not believe this taints the adult baby experience, after all we are adults and will never truly be babies, so sexual feelings can be included with being an AB.

Also I don't fully see AB's and DL's as separate things, I personally see them as one whole thing. The issue is when you have two different people that are strictly ab or dl. The question is do they accept you becoming one later instead of being that way at first. Will they accept you or feel like your not fully one of them.

What does "one of them" mean? You enjoy diapers; that means DL. You enjoy AB activities; that means AB. Most strict ABs and DLs understand how unique each one of us are and do not have time to grade others on their level of involvement. Everyone has a unique story on how they discovered their AB and DL interests at various ages. You are no different and are just as real.

Yes I know that these are only labels but personally I have read so much stuff about how abdls treat other abdls that are outcasted. I know we say we don't have rules and regulations but I sorta feel adisc slowly implements them in your head by what the general mass of the community says. I don't want to be kicked out or outcasted by this community, which generates worrying about everything I do abdl related.

I would feel better if I did not have to worry about that though, but sadly that will not happen because no mater what we do someone will say something against it.
    We are all unique. Just look at the diaper discussions to see the variations. No matter what you do, there will be someone against it. During this years Super Bowl party I attended, one guy rooted for the Seahawks just because everyone else was rooting for Denver. We all enjoyed the friendly disagreement. A person is not outcast because they do not precisely fit; they are cast out to protect the group from dangerous behavior. Don't break laws, attack others, or violate rules and you are accepted.

Personally I hate making wrong decisions. I try and overthink stuff to help prevent that.
    Both of us over think stuff. It is not too much thought that is a problem, but getting things out of perspective. Sometimes, I get too concerned about a bad outcome and lose sight of how unlikely it is or what is required to actually make it happen. Pausing to ask those questions helps me to regain a correct perspective.

Focussing on how you are different will cause you to lose sight of how you fit in with us and are accepted.

I look at it that if you feel you are an AB or even partly AB, just say AB (or something else if you prefer something else instead). I'm not a "any label you want," type just as I think it'd get confusing but I think liking diapers sexually, or even have a sexual little still counts as AB because, well you are an adult who likes either: acting little, using baby stuff, a mix of both, etc.

The stereotypes will come no matter what, it is something uncommon and quite frankly weird, of course people are going to have stereotypes, negative opinions, etc. because it isn't understandable to non-ABDL (I know there are some that are accepting, but don't see that as understanding as much as people saying "whatever, do what you want." etc.) people. E.G. to me it makes sense, to someone who isn't AB the idea of stuff like wearing/using diapers or wearing onesies and drinking from a bottle isn't going to make much sense. Basically I feel it doesn't matter if it is sexual for people from a stereotype view because people will create stereotypes more from lack of understand (since it is nonsensical) and yeah. Hopefully makes a bit of sense *shrugs*

I don't know which one to vote for. I started liking diapers at 12 or 13 can't remember. In my late teens I did have a sexual feel for diapers. It went on in my mid twenties. Than at the age of 25 I started using a pacifier. That is when I started discovering my AB side. Then I started to lose my sexual feel for diapers and just like being diapered with a pacifier. Now in my mid thirties I like being AB/DL and accepted it. But as for the sexual feel I don't have it anymore. I think I lost the sexual feel because I have been wearing diapers for over 17 years now. But I do see your point on the DL side. But on the AB side I don't know it's a tough one. I am full time AB/DL when I am at home and not being disturbed from anyone. Should you feel wrong for being this way? No way! Everyone has their own discovering at some point in life.