Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plastic pants

Default plastic pants

i bought two plastic pants from baby pants and both of the starting getting a whole in the side both size large and XL how is this possible?

well i had 2 plastic pants (1 with buttons and 1 thats just elastic) and the one with buttons lost 1 of the buttons so that kinda sucked... but im guessing either its low quality or you have been near something that made a hole in it?

Baby pants isn't the best quality, usually they go a little more for looks. I like to get plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com

The one's of mine that have failed have been along the welded seam. That's the weakest link on the pants. I got mine from Fetware.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    i bought two plastic pants from baby pants and both of the starting getting a whole in the side both size large and XL how is this possible?
    You haven't said which pants you ended up with, nor have you indicated how long you've worn them or what you've done while wearing them. These are all very relevant details.

Some of the Baby Pants pants are made by Gary Manufacturing, which has a pretty good reputation for quality. I don't get mine from Baby Pants, though, because I like enclosed elastics. I don't think Baby Pants sells any with enclosed elastics, so wicking around the legs will be more of an issue.

I have a pair of the 4-mil (thin) "Comfort Vinyl" pants from Changing Times Diaper Co. These are Gary-made pants, but are one of the few cuts I've found that has leg holes large enough for me (I have a 38" waist and 27" thighs) without going to an insane waist size. I've had these pants for 2-1/2 years now and they're still in great shape, although they maybe see 4-5 hours of serious use per month. That's obviously a big part of what's allowed them to survive as long as they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    You haven't said which pants you ended up with, nor have you indicated how long you've worn them or what you've done while wearing them. These are all very relevant details.

Some of the Baby Pants pants are made by Gary Manufacturing, which has a pretty good reputation for quality. I don't get mine from Baby Pants, though, because I like enclosed elastics. I don't think Baby Pants sells any with enclosed elastics, so wicking around the legs will be more of an issue.

I have a pair of the 4-mil (thin) "Comfort Vinyl" pants from Changing Times Diaper Co. These are Gary-made pants, but are one of the few cuts I've found that has leg holes large enough for me (I have a 38" waist and 27" thighs) without going to an insane waist size. I've had these pants for 2-1/2 years now and they're still in great shape, although they maybe see 4-5 hours of serious use per month. That's obviously a big part of what's allowed them to survive as long as they have.
    sorry i have had them about 2 months and only wore them like 4 times to sleep at night

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    sorry i have had them about 2 months and only wore them like 4 times to sleep at night
    How are you washing them?

I've been using plastic pants from AdultColthDiaper also. I find that they start out very soft and quiet. After about 50 to 60 nights, they have started to become brittle, noisy, and start to crack like you describe. I think that is just the nature of thin plastic.
    I was going to try PabyPants, but with this advice, I think I will try ChangingTimes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrey View Post
    I've been using plastic pants from AdultColthDiaper also. I find that they start out very soft and quiet. After about 50 to 60 nights, they have started to become brittle, noisy, and start to crack like you describe. I think that is just the nature of thin plastic.
    I was going to try PabyPants, but with this advice, I think I will try ChangingTimes instead.
    I could be wrong, but I believe the AdultClothDiaper plastic pants are made by Gary also, so... Disclaimer!!

My first pair of plastic pants was from AdultClothDiaper. They appeared well-made, but I'd naively ordered based on waist size alone, and couldn't get them past my meaty thighs. D'oh! Silly me.

Trevor's question about washing is a good one. I know most plastic pants are doomed if put in the dryer. I machine-wash mine with my cloth diapers, then just shake the water droplets off.

Also, the longevity of vinyl (and many other plastics) varies according to climate / storage conditions. Vinyl pants should be stored in a cool, not-too-dry atmosphere, out of direct sunlight, etc. Fortunately for me, these conditions are easily satisfied in a place like Seattle.

Not to be a grammar nazi or anything, but those first 4 posts hurt my brain

On topic: you described the hole as starting to appear, what does it actually look like? I'd imagine that a hole could appear in plastic a number of different ways, from stretching to cutting to melting to being abraded.