Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Meet Your S.O...?

Default How Did You Meet Your S.O...?

... It always, always strikes me as a fascinating subject, finding out about peoples stories and their pasts, and I find it often throws up some really interesting answers!

Certainly these days when more and more people are using the ever-developing online tools, it's always interesting to hear of alternatives and the pre-Internet years amongst the responses.

So yeah, how did you meet your significant other?

One of my favourite-ever stories is from an elderly lady I served at work who had met her husband as a complete stranger when he arrived home from WWII at the docks and swept her up as she waited for her brother - and they were married til he died five years ago!

Ah, things were so different then...!

My future wife worked with my sister and a really good friend of mine. They set us up and since opposites attract, we were married a year later!

Nice to see you've thought in depth about it! That'll be a gripping story to tell your inevitable grandkids!

I didn't know you wanted a novel. :P I could go into more detail but that would risk my anonymity.

How did you meet yours?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    I didn't know you wanted a novel. :P I could go into more detail but that would risk my anonymity.

How did you meet yours?
    Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic! I meant it, that's an elaborate future you've made for yourself!

And I don't have one - but thanks for asking!

This is almost too nerdy to divulge, but I met my wife in a computer programming class in college. I was a computer science major, she was an information systems major. By chance, we were sitting next to each other during a lab when I heard sounds of exasperation coming from her direction. I ended up leaning over to help her out, and that, as they say, was that.

We were married about two years later -- almost 15 years ago.

I met my husband on Dailydiapers when I posted a thread asking if anyone wanted to meet me and he sent me a PM and then we were chatting online for three weeks before we met at Starbucks. We were married two years later, almost.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic! I meant it, that's an elaborate future you've made for yourself!
    It's all good!

I had moved after college, from my home in New Jersey, to Ohio, to take a position as the organist/pianist accompanist for a 3200 membership church. I joined the Older Youth Group, a post college age group, so that I'd make some friends. I was into cars, and teamed up with a guy who helped me build two cars for the track.

There were a number of girls in the group, and two of them were interested in me. The one who won my heart had joined the adult choir. We started dating and found out we were a good match for each other. Two years later we were married. We have been married now for 40 years, so I guess it worked out well!

Two lonely people both joined a Myspace chatroom for the first and only time. I mention that I'm a male-to-female transgender. She says, "Me too!"

The rest is honestly history.

Also I feel old for having been around during Myspace's big period of being relevant, but also realize I'm 24 and need to stop feeling old.