42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adult Baby

15 35.71%
  • Adult Little

27 64.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adult baby or adult little?

Question Adult baby or adult little?

What do you consider yourself? An adult baby is some one who likes to regress differently than an adult little. I think this will help the forum just to make relevant the audience we have on here. This community is made up of people who all have a kind heart but lets not forget that we are different. Let me just say that I hate labels but it is a way to help explain who we are.

I use several labels rather than to let myself be associated with those who fit in a label that I fit under. People are not defined by those who are associated with the same label they are defined by personality.

So make your vote and if you have time let us in on who you are and what other labels you use. I like to point out that this has been one of the best forums I have been on and I have no intentions to change a forum especially sense I have benefited so much from it.

I am definitely a little. If I wasn't sure before joining, am now.

Seeing so many diaper topics will definitely make you aware of if you have an interest in them and other baby activities or not

RainbowShy

I am definitely a little. I don't consider myself as an adult baby because I'm more at the age of about six or seven.

This strikes me as about the least necessary or useful distinction we could make. Adult baby is a big tent. It reasonably applies to age focused identification/play. That someone takes it to mean 6 months old vs. ten years is of little useful consequence. That we may express it differently doesn't change what is still essentially similar. I think it's fine to make threads and talk about how it is for us and to seek commonalities, but setting up smaller and smaller reservations of an already small group isn't helpful.

More "little" than baby, but sometimes I like to baby out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This strikes me as about the least necessary or useful distinction we could make. Adult baby is a big tent. It reasonably applies to age focused identification/play. That someone takes it to mean 6 months old vs. ten years is of little useful consequence. That we may express it differently doesn't change what is still essentially similar. I think it's fine to make threads and talk about how it is for us and to seek commonalities, but setting up smaller and smaller reservations of an already small group isn't helpful.
    You are entitled to your opinion but here is why I think this is important; a lot of us on here are unsure about how we fit in. Making a point about how there is many different kinds of AB/DL people out there is helpful to those who are like me. I don't want to give up my ability to have imaginary friends and sleep with a stuffed animal. After spending like $60 dollars on a pacifier and large amounts of time to learn how to sew baby cloths for my size it is crazy to purge all of this. The fact is I can't change who I am. I cant be more Adult baby than my mentality will allow and I can't be anything less. This is who I am and I need to realize that. People are going to believe the way they do and have an opinion. You have demonstrated that.

There is also going to be no shortage of people who are going to despise you no matter what you do or how you believe. Lets forget about what people think about us and realize that in one way or another we are similar. At the end of the day we are all human. We all make mistakes and we all like different things. Just because we have things in common does not mean we can be associated with those who do something that is out of character of who we are. Remember this; I try to never put anyone down for the way they believe rather I live the best way that shows how I believe and if some on wants more information I will openly discuss it. All I ask is you return the favor of not putting me down for my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's not of little consequence to those who have a more specific identity. I understand there is a broader meaning but I don't see how specificity is a bad thing.

I find the idea of a poll just figuring out what are the most common ages that people tend to associate themselves with either personally or just in ageplay an interesting idea. Though I think the split between "baby" and "little" isn't quite doing it here. I mean, its kind of interesting on a numbers level but I can just look at people's profiles to tell who is who. It's not really a hidden separate label.

However, I'm really not for this overwhelming surge of trying to isolate the two groups. I love the Little options for profiles but that's as far as it needs to go.

I'm a Little. I consider myself a little, and not an Adult Baby. I however would never deny that I have a lot in common with the Adult Babies and that we belong together. We can relate to a lot and share so many things and have plenty of things we can discuss together with more similarities then differences and the idea of this big effort to separate us is just.. sad to me. Adult Babies are my little brothers and sisters, and Diaper Lovers or even people who are here because they are IC my 'big' brothers and sisters. We all should focusing on our similarities and the ways we all belong together, rather then this focus on what sets us apart.

For heavens sake I have trouble knowing where I fit sometimes. I mean I can be feeling just happily in the playful headspace of a six year old, and then at other times cheeky or snuggly like a two year old. When I regress most deeply it is always as a baby. So am I AB or little or both. I think that the AB label probably covers it because mostly despite the variance, I am in a babyish frame of mind. Having said all that, I do think of myself as being 'little' when I'm in that headspace.

What I do find interesting is those who feel it necessary to 'try' to be something as though it's an effort. ("I will learn to be like a baby") etc.... Huh, I don't get it? You either is or you ain't. People should just be who they are. I love playing with the BFs and sometimes think I could make up a fursona, but to what end. I am here because of who I am not who I might morph myself into.

People should celebrate their individuality but come together on their commonality. Actually, we're all 'little' when it comes down to it.

Is this conversation already old. I mean we have the new LB LG labels don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion but here is why I think this is important; a lot of us on here are unsure about how we fit in. Making a point about how there is many different kinds of AB/DL people out there is helpful to those who are like me. I don't want to give up my ability to have imaginary friends and sleep with a stuffed animal. After spending like $60 dollars on a pacifier and large amounts of time to learn how to sew baby cloths for my size it is crazy to purge all of this. The fact is I can't change who I am. I cant be more Adult baby than my mentality will allow and I can't be anything less. This is who I am and I need to realize that. People are going to believe the way they do and have an opinion. You have demonstrated that.

There is also going to be no shortage of people who are going to despise you no matter what you do or how you believe. Lets forget about what people think about us and realize that in one way or another we are similar. At the end of the day we are all human. We all make mistakes and we all like different things. Just because we have things in common does not mean we can be associated with those who do something that is out of character of who we are. Remember this; I try to never put anyone down for the way they believe rather I live the best way that shows how I believe and if some on wants more information I will openly discuss it. All I ask is you return the favor of not putting me down for my opinion.
    No one term is going to suffice for everyone in a group. Personally, I wouldn't care if "little" was the commonly used term. It seems intrinsically more broad and there are relatively few of is who strongly identify with the age typically considered as a baby. Still, it is the accepted descriptor for the community and I think it drives home the point with the juxtaposed phrasing that couples "adult" and "baby". "Little" also has its failings as it typically pertains to size and is also currently in use by the fetish community.

In short, I think we could wrestle over what to call ourselves until the end of time and get no closer to accepting ourselves for our weird urges and having fun with them. We can all fit in just fine. Like what you like and don't stress so much on what to name it.