Thread: my awesome metal music

Default my awesome metal music

so i'm a regular on ADISC and i've always encountered helpful, friendly people from questions about bottles, cloths to gaming and everything in between
    so basically i'm asking you guys for any help, advice or feedback you can give me on this band i've got going. thanks in advance, jayjay aka rueben.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ion-5-track-ep

I really like the track Haunting Me.

Edit- P.S., I just followed you on SC (Frost Giant). I can't donate now, I'm beyond broke, but I wish you the best of luck. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    I really like the track Haunting Me.

Edit- P.S., I just followed you on SC (Frost Giant). I can't donate now, I'm beyond broke, but I wish you the best of luck. \m/
    thankyou so much, the lead singer in that track is my partner and also a member of this site Evelynne.
    glad you liked it

She's got a great voice. I'm interested to hear how the songs sound with live drums and loud guitars.

I really think you guys should hire an artist to make your remake your kickstarter image and EP cover, because they're really not that good. At all. I can tell someone just whipped them up quickly in photoshop, which is not a good thing if you want people to fund your kickstarter or even just buy your EP. I mean the music is solid, but the branding is the main concern here.

I suggest talking to some artists, but please pay them for the work that they do. Branding is an investment you just can't skip on if you really want to get serious with your music. It conveys concepts about your music through image and draws people in to give it a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDorito View Post
    I really think you guys should hire an artist to make your remake your kickstarter image and EP cover, because they're really not that good. At all. I can tell someone just whipped them up quickly in photoshop, which is not a good thing if you want people to fund your kickstarter or even just buy your EP. I mean the music is solid, but the branding is the main concern here.

I suggest talking to some artists, but please pay them for the work that they do. Branding is an investment you just can't skip on if you really want to get serious with your music. It conveys concepts about your music through image and draws people in to give it a listen.
    thanks for the feedback, i'll get onto some people about that, you make a valid point about brand recognition and investment worthy product (i didn't think much about it at the time) i've gotta track down some artists (wouldn't happen to know where i could find one would you? :P ) thanks for taking the time to look and comment btw much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay213 View Post
    thanks for the feedback, i'll get onto some people about that, you make a valid point about brand recognition and investment worthy product (i didn't think much about it at the time) i've gotta track down some artists (wouldn't happen to know where i could find one would you? :P ) thanks for taking the time to look and comment btw much appreciated
    Unfortunately, no. I mean I am one myself but I'd rather not post my works on this site, also I feel bad suggesting that and then just saying "hey hire me"

To be honest I'm not sure how you'd find yourself an artist. Perhaps you can ask around on other forums for portfolios? Collect a few and decide if one of them has something that interests you, and then ask for what you need from that artist.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDorito View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I mean I am one myself but I'd rather not post my works on this site, also I feel bad suggesting that and then just saying "hey hire me"

To be honest I'm not sure how you'd find yourself an artist. Perhaps you can ask around on other forums for portfolios? Collect a few and decide if one of them has something that interests you, and then ask for what you need from that artist.

Anyway, best of luck to you!
    i wouldn't mind you saying "hire me" at all, lol thankyou for the wonderful advice. its the most helpful and constructive advice i've had since starting the project.