Thread: Not all willing

Talking Not all willing

It came to me lately, I was reminiscing the past about younger days where life was way simpler and where our mothers are used to be strict when it comes to discipline and serious issues, but she listens, shows concern and protect us from anything that harm us. She bath us, feed us and put us first. They are there for us when we are afraid of the dark. They do not mind changing our dirty diapers. Even when we are getting a little too old for diapers or even when we wet the bed. Mothers are indeed special, although not all mothers can become mothers, but there is no perfect mother either. Every mother has her flaws, so are we. Some of us here are fathers, soon to be fathers or mothers. Not all of us are willing to change dirty diapers, only mothers can torelate all the shit we put them through.

Admin please move this tread if you find it unsuitable to in this subject.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbaby View Post
    Not all of us are willing to change dirty diapers, only mothers can torelate all the shit we put them through.
    Admin please move this tread if you find it unsuitable to in this subject.
    I hate to poke a hole in your theory, but I am a father, and I do change wet and/or dirty diapers. I also feed, bathe and play with my child. I also take turns with the wife in getting up in the middle of the night to check on the baby when she cries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    I hate to poke a hole in your theory, but I am a father, and I do change wet and/or dirty diapers. I also feed, bathe and play with my child. I also take turns with the wife in getting up in the middle of the night to check on the baby when she cries.
    I've known some fathers that are better mothers (for lack of a better term) to their children than their biological one. Being a parent is more than just contributing genetic material or even carrying a little parasitic bundle of joy for nine months. Like a puppy, they're not just for Christmas and anyone who steps up to do that job in a serious way is due respect.
    Last edited by Trevor; 14-Feb-2014 at 23:09. Reason: added a few words.

Cherub

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    anyone who steps up to do that job in a serious way is due respect.
    Well thank you Trevor, very kind of you to say. And I just want to clarify, I wasn't trying to be rude or mean. So if by chance my tone of voice,,,or tone of typing sounded gruff,,, I didn't mean it to come across that way. Just sayin'

Heheh... Yeah...

Another dad here, but my kids are several years out of diapers at the youngest. A coworker of mine once told me, before I had kids, that parenting for the first few years revolved around poop.

Of course, he was being funny, but it is partially true. Diaper changes are sort of like parenting's "pulse," for lack of a better term, during the early years of your child's life. They play, they fill their diapers, they eat, crawl around, do crazy-cute things, ... they fill their diapers.

Although my wife left her job and stayed home with the kids, I was the other mom as soon as I got home from the office, and I did my best to give her a break from the feedings, diaper changings, etc. Yes, she was definitely the better mom, but parenting really is a two-person job.

Is changing your child's soiled diaper more or less nasty than changing your own? I'm......asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    Is changing your child's soiled diaper more or less nasty than changing your own? I'm......asking for a friend.
    I'd guess that they're probably about the same in the beginning. I've never been into messing my diapers, but I was also quite put off by the idea of changing a baby's messy diapers. Unfortunately, the latter is simply unavoidable if you happen to have a real baby around, so you get used to it. I did. It just became a mundane routine. On the other hand, having not messed my own diapers in ages, I think I'd still be grossed out by it.

Depends on what you're used to.

not having kids myself, but being a big brother to two little sisters 14 years my junior, I've changed a hell of alot of diapers in my teens, mostly not my own, ya get used to it, I remember making it a game with them.

Don't really know what it like to have a mother.
    Since she left me, and my father when I was about 2.
    So my father had to do it all, diapers, feeding, working just to make it so we both had a place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    It can be! Once when our son was about 1 he had a virus that lasted a week. No description necessary, but it really did stink! I was relieved when I finally changed him and found solidity!