Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best swim diaper for Urinary incon?

Default Best swim diaper for Urinary incon?

I know winters not over yet but I am already thinking ahead to summer and boating and swimming. What would be a good prouct that I could wear to the boat launch about 40 min away (no place to change there) and keep my trunks dry while I'm in the boat and then not swell up like a baloon when I go for a dip? I don't think plastic pants over a disposable would work well as water would get trapped and keep leaking when I get back in the boat.. I've looked at the swim diapers and they appear to be mostly for fecal incon, but will how well will they work for this situation? Any ideas?

You could try a cloth diaper with very tight-fitting latex waterproof pants.

Cherub

As far as I know, swim diapers are not meant to be as adsorbent as a normal diaper, be it cloth or disposable. They are designed to contain fecal matter when you are in a swimming pool. As such, they will not swell up like a disposable diaper, and should drain excess water as soon as you exit the water, similar to normal swimming trunks or clothing.

I've been eying them for about a year now, and would really like to buy myself a pair.

There are the expensive neoprene one that you can wear a pad under and in theory it will keep water out and pee in. Not sure how well they actually work though.

I wish there was one that actually held some urine because I need that for when I swim as well. If anyone hears of one let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by mike497 View Post
    I know winters not over yet but I am already thinking ahead to summer and boating and swimming. What would be a good prouct that I could wear to the boat launch about 40 min away (no place to change there) and keep my trunks dry while I'm in the boat and then not swell up like a baloon when I go for a dip? I don't think plastic pants over a disposable would work well as water would get trapped and keep leaking when I get back in the boat.. I've looked at the swim diapers and they appear to be mostly for fecal incon, but will how well will they work for this situation? Any ideas?

latex short maybe that fit snug.. should keep water out and pee in

nope, doesn't work, I do alot of rafting and tubing in the summer, I usually wear a cloth diaper under my neoprene swim diaper, it helps, I've found most disposable product simply isn't compatible with water based activities. Often times I keep a regular disposable diaper in a waterproof bag to change into for the trip back home

I swear, I've tried everything. Plastic pants with a thin cloth diaper, plastic pants with a disposable, really expensive swim diapers, with and without something underneath it. EVERYTHING let's in water if you are going to swim. If you just want to lounge around the pool or beach, wear a disposable diaper under your swim suit. Loose shorts over the suit hides the diaper. It works for boats, kayaks, and canoes too.

When I swim, I change out of my diaper and stay in the water. I change back before it isn't socially unacceptable to drip.

Finally--and this takes some courage--tell a few understanding people in your social circle about your incontinence, and especially that it will not be funny if someone throws you in the water when you are wearing a diaper! If works for me. And if some gossip sees my diaper and feels the need to talk, I have social allies who can say, "Oh yes, that's part of the disease. Aren't you glad it's not dripping on our pool furniture?"

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Try not to wee in the swimming pool. This could happen Urine in My Swimming Pool Test - Urban Legends - YouTube.
    Well, actually... if you watch the whole thing they admit in the end that there's no such thing at all.

Everybody pees in pools, so don't worry about it