Thread: Super Smash Bros Discussion

Default Super Smash Bros Discussion

I don't know how many Nintendo gamers there are around here, but I figured just in case it would be nice to have a thread to talk about the new Smash Bros. Just yesterday Little Mac was announced, which seemed like a really smart addition to the game. Along with Rosalina, Mega Man, the Animal Crossing Villager and the interesting Wii Fit Trainer the newcomers to the series seem great. I'm a little interested in how strong some of these newcomers are looking, especially characters like Little Mac and Rosalina. I think I'm pretty excited to see how they are going to change the game, who is going to dominate the big tournaments. I sure hope they are upgrading some of the weaker returning characters like they said, like Bowser. They'll have to get pumped to be able to compete!

What do you think of any changes to the movesets or the new movesets?
    How excited are you for the game?
    Any other newcomers you are expecting to be announced?
    Any other new features are you excited about?
    Is this game going to get you to buy a Wii U if you haven't already?

Get talking~

Well, I already have a WiiU, so I'm getting it as soon as I can. Not too psyched for the new characters, though; Megaman was the only one that interested me. I'm going to be maining Yoshi anyway, obviously . Hopefully competitive play can make a nice return with this one. I mean, Brawl was nice to play because it had its own charm, but it was honestly a joke to play competitively. I'm not a huge stickler for competition, but if this game's competitive play is anything like Brawl's, I think I'm just going to stick with playing Project M.

I loved melee, but I thought Brawl had it's flaws. Sonic had no finisher killer move. The first player needed some twicking. The subspace emissary was pretty cool, but the last boss was over powered.

Im very excited for this game, little mack looks like fun with multi hit combos. Im also looking forward to seeing how bowser will play, i have wanted him to be competitive since melee but it hasn't happened.

With such a big roster announced so far , who do you guys think will get the axe this time? With Rosalina in the game I think the ice climbers got it. Rob's sorta obvious he wont return, and i hope Im wrong with this one but Capt falcon may be done for also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulqy117 View Post
    Im very excited for this game, little mack looks like fun with multi hit combos. Im also looking forward to seeing how bowser will play, i have wanted him to be competitive since melee but it hasn't happened.

With such a big roster announced so far , who do you guys think will get the axe this time? With Rosalina in the game I think the ice climbers got it. Rob's sorta obvious he wont return, and i hope Im wrong with this one but Capt falcon may be done for also.
    I doubt the Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon have the axe personally. They still are representing entire Nintendo franchises on their own, which makes them still ones that Nintendo will want to cram in to keep them relevant for when they want to bring those series back Kid Icarus style. I would be more worried about characters like Meta Knight, Falco and Wolf, and other characters who already have an announced entry.

Most obvious removal to me is Ike, even before R.O.B. I think R.O.B. still has a minor chance of sticking around, if only because Sakurai likes silly entries and his moveset was unique enough and would just need minor tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by babygohan View Post
    I loved melee, but I thought Brawl had it's flaws. Sonic had no finisher killer move. The first player needed some twicking. The subspace emissary was pretty cool, but the last boss was over powered.
    Sonic's whole point was a lack of massive "oomph" in exchange for his speed though.

Quote Originally Posted by ClandestineWing View Post
    Well, I already have a WiiU, so I'm getting it as soon as I can. Not too psyched for the new characters, though; Megaman was the only one that interested me. I'm going to be maining Yoshi anyway, obviously . Hopefully competitive play can make a nice return with this one. I mean, Brawl was nice to play because it had its own charm, but it was honestly a joke to play competitively. I'm not a huge stickler for competition, but if this game's competitive play is anything like Brawl's, I think I'm just going to stick with playing Project M.
    I honestly think the people who play Brawl competitively do so very well and it had a pretty thriving and totally working competitive scene, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I honestly think the people who play Brawl competitively do so very well and it had a pretty thriving and totally working competitive scene, but to each their own.
    Well, my stance mostly comes from how luck-based it can potentially be, given how badly you can be punished for tripping; one trip can turn watching a sweet match into watching a very anti-climactic and sour match. And undoubtedly, it's fun to watch two MKs duke it out in midair, but when someone starts playing Ice Climbers and only needs to get three grabs to win... Oh, and don't get me started on footstool hopping.