Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Older Vinyl Footed Sleeper Pajamas

Default Older Vinyl Footed Sleeper Pajamas

Hey!

I know there have been some older posts on this, but they are closed. I just wanted to see if anyone has or remembers the older footed sleepers with the white vinyl feet from the 80's and early 90's. If you ever had them, I'm sure you remember the vinyl cracking after a lot of wear. The vinyl feet were warm and you could hear them as they slid against a hard floor. I wore these particular sleepers and loved them. They were different than the sleepers made today. A lot of these older sleepers also had toecaps, which were a nice feature.

I tried uploading a pic of them, but was unsuccessful. I do however have a pic of one on my profile pic/avatar. If anyone has any or had any in the past, please post any info you have on them.

I do remember these,
    I loved them I cant remember for the life of me when I stopped wearing. However I do remember a nightmare as well my mother had me take a bath one night and laid out my pajama for me. When I got out she had me put them on and came over to zip me up. While zipping rather quickly she caught the skin of well yeah you know. She had been going so fast that she had to call my father up to lend a hand getting my Willie out of the zip. Now as a grown man I go for the zip in the back of the pjs if not diapered while wearing them.

Did your Pajamas have the flap at the neck to cover the zipper?

I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?

I remember wearing footed jammies in the early 1960's when I was growing up.
    Yes! I miss wearing them.

That was before my time. How were the footed pajamas back then? What materials were they made of? Thanks for your reply!

I remember wearing them as a child. It didn't take me very long to wear holes through the feet, even though they were vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Backinfootedsleepers View Post
    I stopped wearing them in the early 90's just before they stopped making them with the vinyl feet. I wish i never stopped wearing them. Yeah those older sleepers bring back so many memories. Interesting story, but that must have hurt. I always loved when I went to my bed and a footed sleeper was lying there for me to put on and zip up. I had a few pairs growing up. I had sleepers from Montgomery Ward, A couple Dr Dentons, and I believe Carter's as well. One had the neck tab you mentioned. I wish I still had all of them. However I do have an adult sized Montgomery Ward blanket sleeper and a few different Dr Denton adult blanket sleepers. Do you remember what brands you had?
    IT hurt BAD, bad enough that I still cringe when I zip up and that was 30 some odd years ago. unfortunately I do not remember the brands but I think we would have gotten them from either The Bay or Sears.
    Last edited by pajamalover; 17-Feb-2014 at 04:00.

Dogboy,

I remember when the vinyl would crack and split. I once wore a hole in the vinyl toecap of one of my sleepers.

Pajamalover,

I'm sure it did hurt. I'm also sure others had that experience as well. Sears made good blanket sleepers back then. They also sold The Winnie The Pooh line which went up to size 16. They were popular. Sears also did their own line as well up to size 16 as well as womens adult sizes. I actually recently got an 80's Sears blanket sleeper. They were nice sleepers.

I remember having something similar happen to me after a bath at my grandmother's when I was 6. I am overly careful now to the point of putting my hand in front to keep the zipper away..

Ouch! I'm glad I never had that happen. I have great memories in them. Actually, reading some posts on here brings back many memories. Thanks for everyone's replies! If anyone else has any stories/experiences with older footed sleepers, please post.