Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Corvette Museum Suffer sinkhole

Default National Corvette Museum Suffer sinkhole

i thought some americans here would like to see this but the National Corvette museum in Bowling green Kentucky suffered from a sink hole at about 5:30 AM Eastern time this morning a sinkhole opened up in the sky dome section of the museum and swallowed 8 cars. luckily the only remaining 1983 Prototype was not involved the sinkhole stoped expanding before reaching the 83. here is the article

Sinkhole swallows 8 cars at Corvette museum

Cherub

I JUST read this article before loggin onto ADSIC, LOL. The 83 Prototype was removed from the building. With such things as global media sinkholes seem to be everywhere!

yeah our high school was set to go on a field trip here on friday. and i was one of the drivers going but now i forsee the trip being cancelled. *sighs* just my luck i really wanted to see it, Vettes are an American Icon, probbably one of our top 10 most reconised cars world wide.

Wow, im an owner of an 82 corvette and am registered with several corvette sites and this is the first ive heard of this,. Not even an email from c3vr!

Aw! That's sad! That sort of thing happening so slowly and then all of a sudden having a big effect is the kind of thing that always makes me just a tiny bit nervous and jittery if I think about it too long.

a few of them could be recovered with minimal damage like the 2009 ZR1 Blue Devil. and it looks like the Black 62 is also in decent Salvage Condition but the others are Buried under dirt and cement so i would assume they wouldn't be salvageable. After All Corvettes Are NOT known for their structural durabillity as they are mostly Fiberglass with a bit of aluminum thrown in.

I saw this on our news tonight and I thought, what are the odds?

Wow that is incredible I mean it sucks royally that 8 cars fell in it but it could have been worse it's good it didn't swallow the whole museum

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    i thought some americans here would like to see this but the National Corvette museum in Bowling green Kentucky suffered from a sink hole at about 5:30 AM Eastern time this morning a sinkhole opened up in the sky dome section of the museum and swallowed 8 cars. luckily the only remaining 1983 Prototype was not involved the sinkhole stoped expanding before reaching the 83. here is the article

Sinkhole swallows 8 cars at Corvette museum
    Lame! That's right down the road from me. I love corvettes too, glad no one was injured but...damn.

Kentucky is a very karst heavy region, and the area around Bowling Green (former Confederate capital of Kentucky) is known for having all sorts of caves, Mammoth Cave is actually very nearby. But we defiantly don't have sinkholes all that often.

Hope the museum will be back up and running soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    Lame! That's right down the road from me. I love corvettes too, glad no one was injured but...damn.

Kentucky is a very karst heavy region, and the area around Bowling Green (former Confederate capital of Kentucky) is known for having all sorts of caves, Mammoth Cave is actually very nearby. But we defiantly don't have sinkholes all that often.

Hope the museum will be back up and running soonish.
    Hey! I'm just now reading this. Way to go on the Karst reference. Within the last year, I visited the Lost Cave. I remember one of the people there talking about how that region was not that well known for sink holes. Crazy that one happened where it did. I'm glad nobody got hurt.