Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite accent and why?

Default Favourite accent and why?

As the title says, what accents do you love and why? Personally I think German sounds amazing, I just can't pin down why.

I'm a fan of most Eastern European accents and some German accents but I think my favorite accent is the one I have and that's the yooper one.

Being a southerner, I of course love our southern US accents. But I also really like Hispanic and Latino accents as well. They remind me of happy times. I don't think I could choose between the three.

I like German also, particularly Wienerisch

Well I have a few:

I like the Alabama, Mississippi sort of southern accent. That includes both White and African-American types.
    The South African accent is interesting, although I wouldn't call it immediately charming.
    Swedish accents sound pretty cool. You can hear it in ABBA songs when they sing in English.

marquis

irish, it just puts me in a fighting/drinking mood., of course I can say this being irish and all. The one I dislike most is the one I have which is new york lawn guylandese, I dont hear myself with it in my head but I hear it when I see video of me,strange dontcha tink

I have a few favourites in terms of accents. I like the Bavarian accent, but there's also something more lyrical about the Italian and New Zealand way of speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by marquis View Post
    irish, it just puts me in a fighting/drinking mood., of course I can say this being irish and all. The one I dislike most is the one I have which is new york lawn guylandese, I dont hear myself with it in my head but I hear it when I see video of me,strange dontcha tink
    I'm a fan of the Irish accent as well. It's just lovely

Definitely the European English accent. I think it's the most understandable accent. And why? well, I've been studying English for almost 18 years :3

RainbowShy

Definitely the australian and british accents, especially Tom Hiddleston's sexy accent. <3 I used to have a crush on this guy who's australian accent sounded so hot. I swooned every time he spoke with his accent. XD Now, the guy hates my guts (for different reasons. He had no idea I had this huge crush on him lol).

I'm not sure why, I just find them to be really sexy. <3