Thread: A Lurker's Greetings

Default A Lurker's Greetings

So I got this message (envisioned as ):

"It appears your account has lapsed into inactive (lurker) status, due to not posting anything for a considerable time after signing up."

My reaction: Wat... are you guys.. serious?

Before I forget it: Hello and greetings and stuff (please note that I am no native speaker and that I am far more capable of reading than writing)

Now, I would actually gladly accept the title of "lurker", if my access to this site wouldn't be affected/restricted due to it. Because that's what I am.
    No offense meant, but (partially 'cause of my difficulties with the English language, partially because I am just that kind of person) I prefer lurking around on the boards, reading stuff when I am interested in it and keeping my opinion to myself.

That said, I am still happy to be part of this community (I'd just prefer to be an unseen&unheard part of it) and hope that my status is soon going to be changed back to "active" again.

Wolfsheim

PS: Look what you made me into.. a rambling guy..

Welcome to ADISC, Wolfsheim
    We've found this place works a bit better if everyone contributes at least a little every now and again. If you'll notice, my post count isn't terribly high: I only really comment where I have something new to add or strong opinions. You might also check out the IRC Chat.

Hi and welcome to the forums. Your English is quite good actually. We're a friendly bunch, so feel free to explore the forums and comment if you feel comfortable doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsheim View Post
    So I got this message (envisioned as ):

"It appears your account has lapsed into inactive (lurker) status, due to not posting anything for a considerable time after signing up."

My reaction: Wat... are you guys.. serious?

Before I forget it: Hello and greetings and stuff (please note that I am no native speaker and that I am far more capable of reading than writing)

Now, I would actually gladly accept the title of "lurker", if my access to this site wouldn't be affected/restricted due to it. Because that's what I am.
    No offense meant, but (partially 'cause of my difficulties with the English language, partially because I am just that kind of person) I prefer lurking around on the boards, reading stuff when I am interested in it and keeping my opinion to myself.

That said, I am still happy to be part of this community (I'd just prefer to be an unseen&unheard part of it) and hope that my status is soon going to be changed back to "active" again.

Wolfsheim

PS: Look what you made me into.. a rambling guy..
    It's a cute introduction you posted and I'm pleased to welcome you to ADISC! I'm glad you introduced yourself rather then stop visiting.. but if you ever get an itching to post something you should totally feel free. I totally can understand the desire to just lurk around, as that's pretty much what I do on Tumblr though mostly out of shyness. From what little I can see though you seem like an intelligent person and I'm sure you would have an interesting perspective. Your English also seems pretty good!

At the same time though, don't let anyone pressure you into something you aren't comfortable with! Just have a bunch of fun! We're only serious when we want to be. Hehe.