Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long have you been an AB for?

Default How long have you been an AB for?

Not necessarily how long you've been active in this community.

For example, 5 years ago or so, I kept roleplaying younger characters and started sleeping with plushies. Then, a bit later, I stumbled on babyfurs and realized that it's a 'thing'.

What about you? When did you notice your 'little' behavior showing through? How long afterwards was it you found out there's a whole community out there like you?

I would say I've been a ab since as long as I can remember so I would say like 18 years iv always felt like a wanted to regress and act and play younger then I really wasn't till I was around 12 that I found out there were other people like me when I looked it up on the internet.

I started knowing about this side of me about as far back as 12 years of age, I was constantly feeling weird urges to feel more kiddish again, started sleeping with some plushies on rare occasions, started watching old childrens shows for fun...

Then it escalated, all of a sudden it became wanting to be more like a baby than anything, I was always eyeing off some baby-related stuff in stores (diapers, pacifiers, soft plushes, etc.) and wanting to be held, treated and be more like a young child again.

It wasn't until last year when I finally accepted this side of me and decided that I was indeed an AB/DL.

And the rest as they say, is history.

I guess you could say I've been an Adult Baby since I became an adult and before that I was a Teen Baby and so on. I was a really babyish kid and I've never really changed lol

i think in a way i always kind of knew when i was younger it was a strange fascination with bottles, pacifiers, kids toys, plush toys etc. it was only about 4 or so years ago that i discovered what it was and thought more into it and actually acquired a bottle for myself and realized the connection, everything kind of snapped into place it was one of those "so this is what this is" moments.

Too damn long (24 years) and am still trying to come to grips with it.

In my opinion, taking an interest in the entire AB/DL spectrum purely for the sake of taking an interest to see what it's all about is something that I'd never suggest for someone to do. For me personally, it has always been more of an inborn drive. This is not something that I can just stop doing, it's a part of who I am whether I like it, or not.

I've identified as an AB/toddler since when I was about 16. So... eight years now? But I was interested in the caregiving side more strongly at first. I've always been drawn to maternal attributes, and being a Mommy was my first real introduction into the online community. But I would still play baby every so often, and I've come to enjoy that part of myself just as much. In retrospect, I can see regressive behavior in me when I was younger, from before I IDd. I've always needed a lot of attention and reassurance. More openly than my sister, even though she's younger than I am. I was always more childish and "wimpy", so to speak.

Had a love of all things baby even into my teens... Stuffed animals, baby food, early morning pre-K cartoons... I would wander down the aisles of Babies"R"Us after school and just dream...
    Last edited by pinksmart; 13-Feb-2014 at 22:48.

I've liked diapers and baby things since I was 4 ~ didn;t know it was actually a "thing" until i was about 18. But i've always enjoyed being the baby of any situation, and i always enjoyed diapers and baby bottles and pacifiers and plushies and just being a baby/toddler. A lot of this faded around Middle/High school because i was bullied and concentrated more on adopting a "tough male persona" So all i concentrated on in those years was survival ~ but near the end of highschool (around sophomore or junior year) the desire to be little came back after i was able to let my guard down (transferred schools) and i dove deep into my Little world, found this community among others, and the rest is history lol.

Interestingly enough, that break my mind took in my middle and highschool years were enough for my drive to decrease significantly, and when I returned to the "community" i was strictly DL and thought AB things were strange or weird... but slowly it built back up and now its at its original level lol. A lot of this had to do with the fact that I liked babyish diapers specifically for their babyish design, that led me to getting bottles and pacis, and behaving little, playing with toys, then wanted a room and a crib etc :P so it was something that peaked around the age of 12, died out in middle school and highschool (kind of like how nothing really matters in a zombie apocalypse other than survival) and then in a safe environment came back up from its cave where it slept for about 5 years lol.

Um, since last year. :P I've had a diaper/pee fetish since I was little, but my ab side is fairly new. I mean I was certainly showing signs before that, but it wasn't until I read an ab-themed My Little Pony fanfiction that things sort of clicked in my mind.

Well, I'm not an AB per se, but I've been into diapers since I was about 5 or 6. So for me it's been about 32 years! It took me a LONG time to come to grips with it and a little while longer after that to move into the self acceptance stage. The rest, as they say, is history.