Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AB/DL Relationships - Significant?

Default AB/DL Relationships - Significant?

I know that this is fetish and a lifestyle for some, but after all that i've been through I realize, i would pretty readily give up my AB/DL-ness. I used to think I'd never give it up for anyone, they'd just have to accept me for who I am.
    That's pretty selfish thinking sometimes, but now I think I'd give it up if i had to.

My last relationship, the AB/DL was just a fun bonus to the love, and now i'm single so I have to re-think if i'd even want to be AB/DL with someone new.
    The question now is how significant is AB/DL in you relationship? Is it a AB/DL whole lifestyle? A few good romps with AB/DL? or happy just being there w/o AB/DL?

For me its something I want to try, but I feel like love will find it's way. And for me the first thing in my head when I meet someone is how would they react if I told them? Being a Little or ab/dl is kind of like a escape and a part of who I am. Kinda childish in the sense that I am creative, sincere , etc. But it makes me very vulnerable. So the big adult acts like a shield. If you can get my guard down then you will have my unconditional love. But hey I haven't found her.

How can it not be a lifestyle? We wear diapers and be babies and use the stuff, how is it not a lifestyle?

I don't think I would be able to give up my diapers. It's either accept it or leave. To me it's just another forum of underwear and they can be taken off for sex and if the man wants to be turned on for sex, I can take the diaper off and put on something sexy to turn him on. But sadly I don't enjoy sex without diapers so the sex between us would suck. I am lucky my husband likes diapers and is turned on by me wearing them. I do see it as a lifestyle. Why wouldn't it be? Diapers are my choice of underwear and I choose to use them for the bathroom than the toilet. I am also his little girl. I like how he calls me his baby. I get more into little mode when I am depressed. Then when I am not depressed, I am more of an adult who wears diapers.

When I was younger, I thought I'd find my blue princess, but as I'm going older, after a few horrible experiencies of relationship so I came to the conlusion: that princess probably doesn't exist. Or may is somewhere and I don't know where... So I'm kissing frogs, may some day one them converts to my princess...

Involve my vicious means all of them. Diapers are like wheat: I enjoy it very much, but not all the time and every day.

I would say in my relationship it's significant but not getting into the full on lifestyle just because that's a bit too much even for me. Love is about meeting halfway in my opinion, understanding and finding that middle ground. So as much as people in the AB/DL culture can't expect their partenr to be 100% for it, completely ignoring your desires and wants is a selfless attitude that might harm a relationship more then help.

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I would say in my relationship it's significant but not getting into the full on lifestyle just because that's a bit too much even for me. Love is about meeting halfway in my opinion, understanding and finding that middle ground. So as much as people in the AB/DL culture can't expect their partenr to be 100% for it, completely ignoring your desires and wants is a selfless attitude that might harm a relationship more then help.
    couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not ab/dl my partner is. Sometimes we go into the whole swing of things, but since we both love all things childhood related, it does sneak into our everyday lives. Toy stores, baby isles, tucking him into bed at night. I'd say since my partner brought it up it's become significant, it's quite infectious for us. I don't think it's selfish for wanting someone to accept you for who you are. Maybe turn it down abit, but if it makes you happy, don't entirely give it up.

Well,

The way I see it with relationships is its a give and take...

You may not participate in one thing the other one likes...that's ok...in fact normal!

This is for anything not just Abdl...

If you hide or deny that part of you that desires it...you aren't going to get very far...

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...it's also a river in each and every one of us...and putting too much into this river will end up with us washed down river, or worse drowning...

Abdl doesn't have to be the mainstay of a relationship...in fact I doubt it could be for most...

It's just a part of who you are...

So, expose this to your partner as a part of who you are...and just like other traits it may be something they with to participate with or not...but denying it I feel just doesn't work out long term...

I wish I was able to say I could just give it up. It's been a part of my life for eight years now in a big way. The friends I've made and the fun I've had are experiences I will hold on to forever. But there is more to me than ABDL, and I just hope that whoever comes into my life next is accepting of me... and my eccentricity... Even if he or she does not participate. I love to be a little girl, and I love to be a Mommy, but there are things more important to me in compatibility - such as a shared Christian faith and general attitude toward life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbabybret View Post
    Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...it's also a river in each and every one of us...and putting too much into this river will end up with us washed down river, or worse drowning...
    Hehe, Nice, i'll have to use that sometime, I like it.

Yeah, ABDL is really just a deep inner part of me, I have tried the idea of making it not be a part of me, and completely failed. It may be a weird part of who i am, but it is part of who i am none the less. I don't think it is selfish either to want somebody to accept that part of myself, because it wouldn't be selfish to want somebody to accept that I like the color blue. What if they absolutely hated that I like the color blue? It might not really affect that much, but personally I think they are being over dramatic, and it might be a sign that they have problems. Just because we like different underwear, and feeling regressed, I couldn't live with somebody who would overreact about it, in the name of selflessness. If i have to live with somebody who can be ok with it, but doesn't really care to be a part of it, then i might be able to do it, but I can't expect that I will ever stop liking it, nor the color blue, so I have to admit that it is part of who i am.