Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passing away next year not my prediction .

Default Passing away next year not my prediction .

Ok, let me start out by saying this:
    I am going to possiblely die on my 21st birthday ( next yr on march 3rd ) this is not me trying to get attention saying that I'm suicidal, I'M NOT . (Iv'e known about this for over a year now and ignored it, I can't anymore time is approving)The friend whom I am living with as made the prediction it goes like this: I will be hit by a snowplow and run over by the blade next year on my 21st birthday on March 3rd, 2015 . I know I shouldn't believe everything I hear as does anyone else, but I have good reason he has made predictions in the past about stuff like this and he was correct at the end of it. His annsisterie have proven otherwise to be part Gspyie and were also correct at past personal events that were also predicted.
    I wish I were making this up, but I'm afraid it is nothing short of it.
    I'm no expert in stuff like this there must be a way to overide this ? These are strong words but , I AM NOT MOVING BACK TO MY PARENTS I WOULD RATHER DIE IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT. This is why I want to ask for adive to move forward with my life as I am. This is for another thread I will post soon in off topic.

I.. uh..

Well, you could play this out like a sitcom. Spend the entire day where the snowplows won't get you? Unlike a sitcom, real life probably won't have some whacky coincidental circumstance that forces you onto a public road where the snow plows run wild.

Um. I don't know anything about this vein of metaphysics... But if it's something you believe strongly in, is there perhaps a person of spiritual wisdom/knowledge you could consult with? Truthfully I wouldn't worry for even a second, but if it's bothering you, talking about it may help put you at ease.

I worry about the sort of friend who would go around predicting the deaths of others, though.
    Last edited by pinksmart; 11-Feb-2014 at 22:39. Reason: added 2nd paragraph

I'm of the notion, that things have as much power that you give them...however, I cannot prove nor disprove validity in these types of beliefs... The likely part, is that we don't know when or how we'll die, which leaves it up for speculation...you'll die when you die...not a moment sooner...not a moment later... me thinks.

Turning 21, will you be drinking, and maybe with others who will be drinking too? There may be some probability and statistical inclinations...but not absolution...

With all that...in theory anyway...we might ought to be living like tomorrow may be our last day of mortal existence in this life anyway...

While you're developing an aversion or paranoia to snow-plows...and safely steer clear of them...an airplane could fall from the sky and 'get' you anyway...

I wouldn't worry about it...there are enough things... practical things to concern yourself with...If I'm wrong, please don't haunt me!

Take care,
    -Marka

Damn, and here I was thinking we lived in the 21st century.

Honestly: What a bunch of bollocks.
    Predicting someones's death is about as reliable as getting an elephant to speak. you really shouldn't believe in that kind of crap.

Ignore it, live your life and you'll see that it's all a bunch of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by henni View Post
    Um. I don't know anything about this vein of metaphysics...

this vein of metaphysics...

metaphysics...
    I think the word you're looking for is nonsense. Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy dealing with the nature of reality, not hokey bullshit fortune telling.

OP, your friend's full of it. Don't worry about it, you're not gonna die.

Refer your pal to Challenge Info so he can make $1M off his paranormal abilities. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and without that, gypsy heritage aside, I wouldn't give this any credence whatsoever.

Are we supposed to laugh or to cry?

The ONLY way I could imagine that this actually "happens", would be a self-fulfilling prophecy. So no magic, no miracles, and absolutely no divination. You only believe that much it happens, so you do everything that it will eventually. Which would also explain, if at all, why he was right about certain things in the past... it's only been you doing it, ultimately. Be it either way a good thing, so you want to - or a bad thing and you're that uptight about it, so it happens, or would happen anyway.

Besides that... what everyone else said... esoteric nonsense.

I don't know anything about this vein of metaphysics...
    I do because I also do readings.

Anyone who makes specific predictions is a charlatan with varying degrees of luck/delusions, or a demi-god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Refer your pal to Challenge Info so he can make $1M off his paranormal abilities. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and without that, gypsy heritage aside, I wouldn't give this any credence whatsoever.
    Also, I would encourage OP to not hang around with his friend on/before the day in question.

Man's got a reputation to keep...