Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AB or not (A question for the fun of debate)

Default AB or not (A question for the fun of debate)

I have not been participating here long but I do have to say that I am really enjoying my self.

There is one thing that I have noticed a few times people have referred to me as an AB even though I self identify as a DL. Now before you get all in arms I have nothing against AB's just not sure that if I am or not.

So I was thinking I could tell you about myself and get your opinion.

Here we go
    I have a love of diaper's preferably plastic backed because that is what I had as a child. I do however keep some Tranquility slime line cloth back should I decide to wear while out. I rarely have ever used them for there intended purpose it's a comfort thing for me.

I have 3 footed pajamas with snaps from collar to ankle made of terry cloth.

I have 1 with a long zip with my initials on the pockets made polar fleece with a hood.

one that zips up the back made a valour with a teddy head for a pocket on the chest.

one that zips up the back that is made of polar fleece.

and one pair of white and blue footed overalls made of fleece that I got with a white cotton onesie.

So here is the conundrum while I do like wear this rather childish collection of PJs preferably with diapers but often without. I have no desire to wear for anything other than comfort. I have no desire to act in any way that is not age appropriate to my biological age.

So do I meet the qualifications of an AB or not.

My good friend always said if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it must be a duck.

So in your opinion am I just fooling my self or am I correct in my assessment.

Thanks for your time and be honest I am ok with this either way.

Why do we use these labels exist again? If no two people are exactly alike, why do we think that label or set of labels is an accurate way identify someone?

You can be whatever you want to be...sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

People are not designed to be filed away like a piece of paper and are more like flowers that bloom in many varieties and colours. None are the same in shape or patterns and this can be applied to you as well.

This was meant to be light hearted have some fun with it folks

Well, seeing that you have no desire to act younger than you are, or ''regress,'' I would say no you're not an ab, but that's just my

I don't see regression as a requirement but it is pretty telling. I would say that although you're fond of footed pajamas, the way in which you like them isn't particularly AB-like. More likely a DL with a liking for PJs but it's pretty much up to your preference in this case. You might just find it easier to identify as an AB since from your avatar and interests, many will assume you're one of them.

I agree with the sentiment that it's pretty much up to you. Labels can mean a lot to us, just because they can help us understand ourselves.. but I don't think the AB label would do much for you here. You don't seem to have much connection with the regular person who considers themselves an AB. Of course there is no ONE way to be one and labels can get confusing, but just the standard idea of one. To me you seem like just a DL with a thing for footed pajamas.

In my book, anyone who enjoys using props and costumes associated with babyhood or toddler-hood is an AB. If you have a collection of sleepers as well as a onesie, I'd say you clearly qualify.

I don't understand why so many people think that mental regression is essential to AB-hood. It's not. As BitterGrey's ABDL triangle makes clear, there are plenty of ABs (like me) who do not experience mental regression, at all. Instead, we think of ourselves as adults dressing like children, or being forced to dress like children, and we enjoy the incongruity.

The Infantilism/ABDL Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    In my book, anyone who enjoys using props and costumes associated with babyhood or toddler-hood is an AB. If you have a collection of sleepers as well as a onesie, I'd say you clearly qualify.

I don't understand why so many people think that mental regression is essential to AB-hood. It's not. As BitterGrey's ABDL triangle makes clear, there are plenty of ABs (like me) who do not experience mental regression, at all. Instead, we think of ourselves as adults dressing like children, or being forced to dress like children, and we enjoy the incongruity.

The Infantilism/ABDL Triangle
    I know plenty of full grown adults who were footed pajamas because they like that kind of pajama, without any other aspect of being an AB or a DL. I would argue that in this case the clothing we are talking about might not count as dressing like a child, and should be only considered if that's the reason you are wearing them.. to dress like a child. Intent.

I don't know which is my box... I enjoy wearing diapers, piss into them and it turns me on. I enjoy using paci and bottle, it (sometimes) turns me on too. But I'm used to sleep with paci - I've problems to fall asleep from my childhood. Paci (don't know why) helps me in this. I haven't and not enjoy another baby stuff. So I'm AB or DL or both of them ???

Note: Result isn't really important for me.