Thread: What is the best diaper to get?

Question What is the best diaper to get?

Hello everyone

So I was Thinking of buying some more diaper's after the last purge and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of what are some of the most absorbent or best diaper's of the brands around?

Generally I can find Tena slip maxi at a chemist near by and they also sell Molicare and another brand I didn't quite get a look at and the good old depends that I have a love hate relationship with (Their better than they used to be).

I'm in Australia so I don't really get a good range of stuff to get but also I'm guessing just get some other essentials like powder and wipes as well?

Is there anything I need to add to the list if so any suggestions on what to get as well as what other diaper related items should I get or surgest things as I had purged all my stuff and I need to restock so some help would be excellent

I am not familiar with outside the US. Are you able to make internet orders like Ebay where you live? If so you might want to try ebay

I COULD order online but i dont think i would bother it would be a hassle with parents picking things up because they just happened to be going by the post office......

Molicare super plus is great, it wicks extremely well and works good for wearing around during the day (the wicking allows more of the padding to be used, making it more efficient).

If the tena slip maxi is plastic backed, it should also be great. the tena slip is probably the most high tech diaper I've used, great odor control, holds a ton, and it's very thin when not wet. The inside seems to turn into some kind of gel when wet rather than lumpy fluff.

Depends also have their uses, mainly in caseswhere I want to wear a diaper but can't wear for more than an hour or two and don't want to waste an expensive premium on that.

As far as restocking other stuff:
    wipes
    small plastic bags for easier disposal
    depending on your living situation, small trash bags that can hold a few bagged diapers until you can sneak them to the trash can

Sallybrown

I'm under the impression depends offers a line premium briefs in Australia. Have you tried the depends super plus? They have always been appealing with their high absorbency level. If you are looking for cloth diapers I have fallen in love with a cloth diaper made in your country. Stay Dry makes a night brief that is a lot of fun & another AU company by the name minappi makes some good looking stuff. I always hear Australia is bad on diapers but I'm always facanated with what's over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallybrown View Post
    I'm under the impression depends offers a line premium briefs in Australia. Have you tried the depends super plus? They have always been appealing with their high absorbency level. If you are looking for cloth diapers I have fallen in love with a cloth diaper made in your country. Stay Dry makes a night brief that is a lot of fun & another AU company by the name minappi makes some good looking stuff. I always hear Australia is bad on diapers but I'm always facanated with what's over there.
    Depend? Makes a premium diaper? Since when?

Haha well i dont think i have ever seen one but ill keep an eye out if i spot the one you mentioned.

Tena slip no longer does plastic backed in australia cause i got them last time and they were all cotton backed like the newer depends are which are much better than the older style which i got ONE time cause i was curious to see what the diapers were like cause i had always seen them when i was little and thought id get these one day never again leaked first go. However they have improved dramatically as the last pack of them i got was suitable not better than tena maxi but good for a few wettings.

So so far its looking like ill be getting

- Tena slip maxi (cause i know their pretty good)
    - another brand of diapers to test
    - Wipes
    - Powder
    - Some smaller refrigerator bags or zip lock bags for used sotrage

Anything else recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    Depend? Makes a premium diaper? Since when?
    I recall hearing about those years back but it was almost like the Loch Ness Monster or something (drop bears, maybe?). I'd love to see some pics with other diapers to compare if anyone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallybrown View Post
    If you are looking for cloth diapers I have fallen in love with a cloth diaper made in your country. Stay Dry makes a night brief that is a lot of fun & another AU company by the name minappi makes some good looking stuff.
    I'm in Australia and both those brands are excellent with fast delivery and great service. If you're in NSW there's a company at Milperra that sell Wellness briefs. (I've used the company but not tried those briefs). The postage from overseas companies is expensive for disposables.