Thread: Hi there

Jorg

Default Hi there

I want to introduce myself:

Not really new to this site but havent been on it for a while now. I'm a DL and live a pretty normal live. Nothing special there. I like (pop)culture in general and i'm lucky to also incorporate that in my professional live which i'm not getting into right now.

I'd like to meet people with similar interest here preferable some locals (I'm from Europe)

Greets Jorg

Quote Originally Posted by Jorg View Post
    I want to introduce myself:

Not really new to this site but havent been on it for a while now. I'm a DL and live a pretty normal live. Nothing special there. I like (pop)culture in general and i'm lucky to also incorporate that in my professional live which i'm not getting into right now.

I'd like to meet people with similar interest here preferable some locals (I'm from Europe)

Greets Jorg
    Greetings Jorg, welcome to ADISC! Glad you finally decided to join.

This site is mostly a support site, and less focused on the meeting up end of things but I'm sure you'll find plenty of reasons to stick around and be apart. This is a great site and I've made a lot of good friends here, and I'm sure if that's something you want you can do the same.

If you don't mind, I would love to ask you some questions. What are some of your favorite things about current popular culture? When did you first discover you were a DL?

Welcome again!

Jorg

right... to be honest i don't need any support and i also don't see why I need to answer these questions, guess this stuff aint for me. Going to have a look how I can delete my account here.

I think you might be right about that. But not for that reason. Your equating a nice introduction from someone to hostility.
    Better luck.

Jorg

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I think you might be right about that. But not for that reason. Your equating a nice introduction from someone to hostility.
    Better luck.
    I already sent the request to delete my account. I'm sorry I don't want to be hostile to anyone but like i said this place is not for me, misjudgement from my side.

right... to be honest i don't need any support and i also don't see why I need to answer these questions, guess this stuff aint for me. Going to have a look how I can delete my account here.
    You don't have to answer any questions. I hope I didn't make you feel like if you didn't answer the questions you had no place here. We all understand that we sometimes don't feel comfortable given away even small personal details, I just wanted to possibly get to know you a little more and allow others to do the same. I don't think anyone would blame you for wanting to remain more secretive though.

At the same time if you strictly looking for some quick local meetups there are probably better places out there to go. (I know that some members here do actually meet-up, but it's just not the mission of the site and not what we promote ourselves.. it's something that just happens.) This really is one of the better places to go to if you want a mature discussion about the subject or to find some actual friendship and either support others going through this or be supported yourself. I find this one of the also find this site the go-to place for AB/DL's on the net who want a safe place to vent and gather.

So keep us in mind for the future along your travels in life? Maybe you wouldn't have to delete your account.. you might find your way back here some day. Unless you feel that in some way you've already given off a little bit of your personal information, then I would understand the concern. Looks okay to me though!

It's not what ADISC does to guilt trip you into staying, we want to be there for AB/DL's and IC people, not push them away just because of a misunderstanding. If you ever do find yourself needing a site like us, I hope you remember we are here!

Jorg

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    You don't have to answer any questions. I hope I didn't make you feel like if you didn't answer the questions you had no place here. At the same time if you strictly looking for some quick local meetups there are probably better places out there to go. (I know that some members here do actually meet-up, but it's just not the mission of the site and not what we promote ourselves.. it's something that just happens.) This really is one of the better places to go to if you want a mature discussion about the subject or to find some actual friendship and either support others going through this or be supported yourself. I find this one of the also find this site the go-to place for AB/DL's on the net who want a safe place to vent and gather.

So keep us in mind for the future along your travels in life? Maybe you wouldn't have to delete your account.. you might find your way back here some day. Unless you feel that in some way you've already given off a little bit of your personal information, then I would understand the concern. Looks okay to me though!

It's not what ADISC does to guilt trip you into staying, we want to be there for AB/DL's and IC people, not push them away just because of a misunderstanding. If you ever do find yourself needing a site like us, I hope you remember we are here!
    You did make me feel that way a little bit yeah, unintended I'm sure.
    Keep in mind I'm Dutch (I don't care that much about this general personal information) and English is not my main language: so if I say "meet" I just mean "encounter online" or whatever the correct term is: basically "maybe make some new friends" or "connect to others" yes, not: "hook-up"... Further: I don't need to be explained everything (I'm a DL not at little kid) Last: again I'm Dutch so you may find me rude like I find you a bit over-empathetic. Anyhow: I'm already a member of a local "support" site similar to this one where making friends or even meeting isn't considered not-done.

So, like I said no aded value for me here (but i needed to introduce myself to figure that out since the forum was locked to me)

Thanks and take care

CrinklySiren

You did make me feel that way a little bit yeah, unintended I'm sure.
    Keep in mind I'm Dutch (I don't care that much about this general personal information) and English is not my main language: so if I say "meet" I just mean "encounter online" or whatever the correct term is: basically "maybe make some new friends" or "connect to others" yes, not: "hook-up"... Further: I don't need to be explained everything (I'm a DL not at little kid) Last: again I'm Dutch so you may find me rude like I find you a bit over-empathetic. Anyhow: I'm already a member of a local "support" site similar to this one where making friends or even meeting isn't considered not-done.

So, like I said no aded value for me here (but i needed to introduce myself to figure that out since the forum was locked to me)

Thanks and take care
    I think you just need to start over lol, i think you might have gotten the wrong impression ~ this is a support site but you can also make friends on here, just don't expect to actually come into physical contact because this site is for an online pressence, you can ask questions or start discussions about anything oyu want lol its not a therapy site, its just a community for everyone who is like us to get together, give advice, or just chat about things we enjoy or things we have an opinion on like "what is your favorite diaper." I think you might be misenterpreting things a bit, we can all get along now that we know your manner a little better after you just described it.

Jorg

Thanks for that... Starting over might be a bit difficult. But I'll hang around for while

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I think you just need to start over lol, i think you might have gotten the wrong impression ~ this is a support site but you can also make friends on here, just don't expect to actually come into physical contact because this site is for an online pressence, you can ask questions or start discussions about anything oyu want lol its not a therapy site, its just a community for everyone who is like us to get together, give advice, or just chat about things we enjoy or things we have an opinion on like "what is your favorite diaper." I think you might be misenterpreting things a bit, we can all get along now that we know your manner a little better after you just described it.