Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Others in your area

Default Others in your area

I've always wanted to meet other ABDL's, and have never really found any in my area. So it got me thinking, if you find 1 or more ABDL's in your area would you be open to meeting them? or are you perfectly content with them just being a username on a computer?

Depends. It would have to be someone I generally get on well with online. I have to imagine that if I met up with another ABDL and learned that we have nothing else in common, shit would get awkward fast. It would probably also have to be a ciswoman. I feel sexist and terrible about that, but I have a lot of insecurity surrounding my gender and ABDL identities. It's nothing personal but being around another male ABDL for the purpose of meeting another ABDL would make me feel uncomfortable about myself.

I have never looked but have often mused about finally being able to meet someone to talk and laugh about all the idiosyncrasies of our world.

I would definately do it if it were over a cup-o-joe at a coffee joint. I think the atmosphere could lend casuality to a quick meet up. If the meeting was good and positive then the option would still be available to meet again sometime.

I had earlier fantasies of attending a munch but the idea is somehow less appealing to me now.

I was suuuuper jealous when an adisc poster wrote about a meet-up with a fellow adisc'er and described the meeting at a restaurant in detail. The story was well written and the outcome was positive enough to write a great exerpt about.

It has and will depend on the member in question. While I think most of us are decent enough people, diapers alone aren't enough for a functional friendship. I don't have much interest in meeting ABDLs just to meet them, so I look at it more as a means to an end of getting to know a friend better.

I have had very good luck overall and have met some people here that have changed me for the better, and I think that's what good friends are for. Be choosy and get to know people first and you're unlikely to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilostthesheriff View Post
    "..."..."

I was suuuuper jealous when an adisc poster wrote about a meet-up with a fellow adisc'er and described the meeting at a restaurant in detail. The story was well written and the outcome was positive enough to write a great excerpt about.
    If it's the story I'm thinking of... though all ADISC'ers, at this meet...it had really quite nothing to do with AB/DL aspects...and friendship, respect, and integrity were all quite nicely established before hand...

It really all seems to depend on the intent of the meet...as Trevor points out...

"...diapers alone aren't enough for a functional friendship..."
    (my emphasis)...

There is quite a bit of emotional, and for quite a few, sexually charged issues around this...and that can make it much more difficult to getting around to the people themselves... Also, there is much real and imagined trepidation...the sexual and/or emotional proclivities and susceptibilities can make this quite a daunting encounter to even consider... (it can drive you away from it, or compel you to abandon better consideration)

So, to reply to OP (Kyle) ...I'm open to it, but I have no particular need or passion/fantasy towards a meet...particularly if no more common ground beyond AB/DL has been established. If an AB or Little can't or won't be emotionally stable/responsible, or a DL or fetishist can't or won't be in check of sexual urges, etc...it wouldn't otherwise matter to me if they were say, my 'type' or not...I wouldn't find enjoyment in it, as I wouldn't be trusting in their abilities to look out for one and other...

To be sure...I'm not intending to discourage meet-ups at all! But, please know why you are doing, or wanting to meet...and establish appropriate boundaries...resist the urge to charge forward with abandon, out of a conscious or sub-conscious desperation for unity, or need of not feeling alone, or rejected...

While not perfect...generally speaking, I have the impression that the majority of ADISC'ers are considerate of much more...be aware though, a meet with someone can vastly change the dynamics of what was before a strictly on-line relation...for better, or for worse...

-Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post

While not perfect...generally speaking, I have the impression that the majority of ADISC'ers are considerate of much more...be aware though, a meet with someone can vastly change the dynamics of what was before a strictly on-line relation...for better, or for worse...

-Marka
    Ahh...
    are you trying to say that you don't like or respect me anymore after our meet-up, sweet-cheeks.....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    Ahh...
    are you trying to say that you don't like or respect me anymore after our meet-up, sweet-cheeks.....
    Yeah...that's it dearie! NOT!!

I am not really in a hurry to meet people. I'm never in a hurry to do much of anything, to tell you the truth. So if I were going to meet someone offline, it would be because we were already friends, and I valued them and wanted to further our friendship. With the internet and skype and cell phones and messaging, I think there's more to the people you meet online than a username on a screen. There's a whole other person there, and you can really get to know them, if you try. I mean, it's always convenient when someone is local, or even just in the same hemisphere, but location isn't the be-all and end-all to me. I'd rather have a good friend in the UK than someone who just wore the same brand of pampers that I do here in TX.

TLDR - I'd travel around the world for someone special.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    Ahh...

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Yeah...that's it dearie! NOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by henni View Post
    I am not really in a hurry to meet people. I'm never in a hurry to do much of anything, to tell you the truth. So if I were going to meet someone offline, it would be because we were already friends, and I valued them and wanted to further our friendship. With the internet and skype and cell phones and messaging, I think there's more to the people you meet online than a username on a screen. There's a whole other person there, and you can really get to know them, if you try. I mean, it's always convenient when someone is local, or even just in the same hemisphere, but location isn't the be-all and end-all to me. I'd rather have a good friend in the UK than someone who just wore the same brand of pampers that I do here in TX.

TLDR - I'd travel around the world for someone special.
    Meeting anyone new in-person for me is about "Trust & Integrity"......

it doesn't matter how that person has come to my attention, or where they are from, or what i may or may-not share in common with them..... without the qualities of shared trust and integrity, i would have absolutely no common ground with which to even consider a face to face meeting.

however, with those two qualities in common (trust & integrity), it doesn't really matter what other hobbies, kinks or interests we share. the fun of just getting to know someone new.... someone that you may have been conversing with for a year or more on-line..... someone who you seem to be able to argue with, and yet always stay friends.....

well, that person is worth at least one meet-up if they live close enough to drive too in my simply opinion.....

Marka has been such a person for me. and not because She and i both "pad-up"..... because i don't. i may be IC, but i fight it with all my might. and diapers are the last thing that i ever want as part of my life.
    but still, Marka is someone who i wanted to know had have as part of my life....
    so, Shazam!
    we met, and bellow is the thread reporting said meeting....
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/ec-forum/...ing-marka.html

life is a chance,
    Take that Chance....
    an educated one, but a chance non the less.
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 11-Feb-2014 at 01:53.

I have been a blessed son of a gun. I joined Fetlife a while back and I decided to strike up a conversation with a guy who was happened to be my age and had other similar interests. We got to chatting for a couple weeks over Fetlife and we decided to meet at a natural location out in public eye to keep safe. I was going to meet him at Costco but he said he would be late he sent me his number over FL and when I typed it in his actual name popped up and then it hit me hard that this was a guy I wold talk with every day at the Career center we both went to and he served me lunch every day because he was in the cooking program! I also got his number at at church that I was visiting one day because we had a similar interest to My little pony Friendship is magic about 6 months prior! We ended up meeting at his place, we went to the mall and just had a lot of fun! What made it special is that I already kinda knew him and he already kinda knew me. We also have similar interests outside of the AB/DL world. This is very rare, but it can happen.