Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im back--new place--Kids Room--recommendations?

Default Im back--new place--Kids Room--recommendations?

Hello everybody, I haven't posted in Adisc in a very long time. Ive been going through a lot. Nothing bad, just been busy with a whole lot of other obligations. I am moving in to my first new apartment today--yay! I am really getting back into the swing of my little side. Being little isnt a fetish for me. Its part of my persona. Since I have a new place, I wanted to "kiddify" my room if you know what I mean. I want some suggestions and recommendations. It won't happen overnight, bcz obviously kid stuff costs a lot of money. I want to start buying toys, kids games, kids bedding and decor and stuff. Any suggestions?!

Great!

First off congratulations on your new flat!

So, Couple questions...

Is this room open to visits, does it need to be easily hidden in other words?

What sorta size, ability to modify, without losing your security deposit...?

First thing would be paint/wallpaper...mabe just a pastel color with a nice abc's border would be really a nice start...

Or maybe a cars decor?

Maybe bunk beds! ... You can get cheap from Craigslist... And smaller beds easier to get kids bedding...king sizes are almost non existent...I know this as I type on my iPad from bed...

Games, thrift sales/goodwill...

Toy box...

Now, if going covert...can still do the pastel paint...maybe no border...

They have some very nice kids ceiling fans...airplanes or cars motif...

Without a bit more info I can't get more specific myself...just too many options...

Also, like you want a crib, or changing table?

Welcome back then. And congrats on getting your first apartment.

Hey thanks, well its gna take time. Im not going to paint necause my landlord may not want me to. I may get wall paper and poster decor and stuff. Im not really into baby stuff. I like little kid stuff. Little boy stuff really. Like between ages 3-7. Im thinking Cars, Toy Story, or Hot Wheels. Whenever I get a big paycheck, I want to go to Toys R Us and go out. Im thinking of getting some bath toys for my bathroom. I know I would also love a toy pirate ship, Im so flustered, I want so much lol

Ok,

Well in that case here are some inexpensive things...

Posters, lots to pick from, Walmart etc...cheap!

As for bedding...it's not cheap...and I wouldn't go second hand on bedding myself...

Now, as for kid stuff, how about stuffed cars or toy story plushies...

Not sure what you have want for bed...but a bunkbeds would be awesome...I have a tripple set in one room here...

On the cheap toys, hit the goodwill stores, also Walmart clearance areas by toys...sometimes great deals...

Also, how about glow in the dark stars...stick on type...come off ok too...pretty cool!

But, biggest thing I think would be some posters...every kid has to have some posters...

Also, on the cheap check out ikea, they have some nice kids stuff cheap too...

Rugs
    Children's Rugs - IKEA

Bedding
    Children's Bedding - IKEA

And more...

Walmart...wall decor...
    Kids' Wall Decals : Kids' Decor - Walmart.com

Pastel colors I saw, that's a great suggestion. My room has gotten more and more kid-themed over time, without me really trying. My method for doing it is to find the most favorite 'children's media' you have and start collecting! Before long my room was just covered in Strawberry Shortcake, Lalaloopsy, a little bit of Novi Stars and Sofia the First and now it's just. Hehe. I do love the feeling that we've actually had our neighbors swear they thought we had a little girl who lives here. We do! It's me~!

You know...

I see plenty of houses with a girls room...and no little girl...

Even my mom has all her old antique dolls and stuff in what she calls the little girls room...and I'm the youngest and no sisters at all...

So, it's not unheard of...

Lie bedding is easy to find at walmart I would do posters too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Pastel colors I saw, that's a great suggestion. My room has gotten more and more kid-themed over time, without me really trying. My method for doing it is to find the most favorite 'children's media' you have and start collecting! Before long my room was just covered in Strawberry Shortcake, Lalaloopsy, a little bit of Novi Stars and Sofia the First and now it's just. Hehe. I do love the feeling that we've actually had our neighbors swear they thought we had a little girl who lives here. We do! It's me~!
    That sounds Awesome what kind if stuff do you have like bedding or posters?

If want add like a border you can buy a peel & stick boarder from like walmart or many other places that sell home decor and here link for example of what you can get with at peel & stick at amazon.com.
    Amazon.com: Peel and Stick - Wallpaper Borders / Painting Supplies & Wall Treatments: Tools & Home Improvement

I see from you pic that you like cars!
    Just my opinion... Little boys room ... Such a super hero theme! You could get so many things that would look cool, but not be too out of the ordinary if people were to come into your room. A marvel comics theme would be where it's at!! But add to the posters a toy box , action figures, and the trimmings. What would be cool is to get one of the fish tanks with a light a put in your room as a night light!!! Our nephew (who is 7) has one and it really sets his room off. He is a Lego guy though, not super heroes.