Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, hello there! c:

Default Well, hello there! c:

Well hello there! How did I end up here?

I'm mimiBadger. Just mimi works, or Badger. I also respond to "hey you", but I really prefer to be called mimi. Preferably in all lowercase. What's in a name? A very long story.

As you can probably tell from whatever is on the left side, I'm an AB/babyfur. I thought I was the only one to have kid-like tendencies, the desire to accumulate (and hug) all the plushies, and strangely 'get padded'. (I still don't understand why I'm that way.) Then I had a babyfur boyfriend. That too is a long story. How have things changed

I guess I was pushed into growing up too quickly and my mind rebelled. It's my outlet, my stress relief. Which brings me here today. While it's a very good stress relief, I'm finding it harder and harder to 'let go' of my job when I get home. Difficult deadlines to hit, less than cooperating coworkers, that's just every job, ever.

I'm kind of hoping I can find some ways to add quality to my mental age regression moments when I'm home to soothe out the stress and add quality to my living conditions. I'm hoping I can find some help in that regard here on ADISC.

Enough about my work. While I'm a Computer Programmer by profession, I've stopped using computers are a hobby and picked up a pencil to try to find some solace in art. I (try to) draw and write stories to entertain myself and others. You can find some of my stuff on FA and soon Weasyl. Given my full time job, I really don't have a lot of time to splurge in art or writing.

That sums up most of it!

Quote Originally Posted by mimiBadger View Post
    Well hello there! How did I end up here?

I'm mimiBadger. Just mimi works, or Badger. I also respond to "hey you", but I really prefer to be called mimi. Preferably in all lowercase. What's in a name? A very long story.

As you can probably tell from whatever is on the left side, I'm an AB/babyfur. I thought I was the only one to have kid-like tendencies, the desire to accumulate (and hug) all the plushies, and strangely 'get padded'. (I still don't understand why I'm that way.) Then I had a babyfur boyfriend. That too is a long story. How have things changed

I guess I was pushed into growing up too quickly and my mind rebelled. It's my outlet, my stress relief. Which brings me here today. While it's a very good stress relief, I'm finding it harder and harder to 'let go' of my job when I get home. Difficult deadlines to hit, less than cooperating coworkers, that's just every job, ever.

I'm kind of hoping I can find some ways to add quality to my mental age regression moments when I'm home to soothe out the stress and add quality to my living conditions. I'm hoping I can find some help in that regard here on ADISC.

Enough about my work. While I'm a Computer Programmer by profession, I've stopped using computers are a hobby and picked up a pencil to try to find some solace in art. I (try to) draw and write stories to entertain myself and others. You can find some of my stuff on FA and soon Weasyl. Given my full time job, I really don't have a lot of time to splurge in art or writing.

That sums up most of it!
    Welcome to ADISC mimiBadger! That was a very nice introduction. I completely understand having a hard time coming home and unwinding. As soon as I walk in the door I'm bombarded with the household problems of the day and sometimes don't even sit down for an hour after I get home. But enough about me. You have come to the right place as ADISC is full of aspiring writers and artists. We have a story section here if you're interested in writing one or reading some of the stories.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome to ADISC mimiBadger! That was a very nice introduction. I completely understand having a hard time coming home and unwinding. As soon as I walk in the door I'm bombarded with the household problems of the day and sometimes don't even sit down for an hour after I get home. But enough about me. You have come to the right place as ADISC is full of aspiring writers and artists. We have a story section here if you're interested in writing one or reading some of the stories.
    Thanks Zip!

Slipping into 'babyfur mode' seemed to have helped greatly awhile ago, but now that I'm constantly trying to regress to cope with the stress... I'm struggling to find my little nature sometimes.

Thanks for the link to the story section, I'll have a look at that!

Welcome to ADISC mimiBadger, and nice to see another furry join us.

Welcome. I completely understand the need to unwind, work can be stressful. Enjoy yourself.

Hi and welcome to the forums from a fellow babyfur. You've come to the right place, as ADISC is a very supportive community. Hope you enjoy your time here.

I also find it hard to unwind sometimes. Work tries to creep into my mind when I lay down to sleep, and I have to push it back. Recently I find that a couple of pages in my coloring book, and I am more relaxed.

Hey there Mimi! Welcome to ADISC.

Like many people have said beforehand, ADISC is a pretty supportive community, should you feel the need to talk about issues relating to your AB/DL/BabyFur/Little tendacies, you'll find you can talk all about it here.

Like others have stated in this thread, the whole idea of having a little side can help you out with some stresses IRL, be it work or school or just personal issues, we all seem to have the ideas of having our little sides help us deal with those real life stresses by having us let them go for a small amount of time.

Or at least, that's what I gathered from here and my own experiences.

In any case, welcome and enjoy ADISC fellow babyfur :3