Thread: Change

Default Change

Does anyone else experience rapid change like I do? Not like overnight, but bi-weekly or monthly.. like just subtle personality changes... nothing too like oh my lord what's wrong with me. I always seem to find new ways to look at things and new people to inspire me and it leaves certain people with the perception that I am fake because I often move on from certain groups of friends because of this change. Does anyone experience something similar, like the only person who truly notices is my girlfriend.

I appreciate any takes on this, thanks.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oolfies (too many o's)

I'd say your 18...and change is certain...

With every new experience comes change...sometimes profound change...

At 18 I was very different than I am today...

Through my twenties I worked in many different parts of the world, and during that time changed in many ways, some good, some not...

Even today, I change when I experience new things or learn new ideas as well...

I wouldn't worry about it...people that may say your flightie or fake...are usually the ones being fake to stay the same...irony does exist!

If you don't go forward, you go backwards. And... wrong place by the way? Would've fitted better into the offtopic section, I think.

Change is inevitable. You will always make new experiences and depending on how things turned out you may react different. They change the way we perceive, perform, think and plan.
    Although I wouldn't exactly say that our personality changes that much. Partially it's true of course, we are able to work on our character traits. But a drastic personality change needs a really big reason obviously.
    Anyway, it greatly impacts the way in which a person deals with events in later life. Since you're 18 by now, of course you still feel it, with 16,17,18 you're a lot different as you have been as a teenager. And in your twenties you'll probably feel different again. Usually I like to call it ~ being less naive ;). You get to know the real world at that time, so a lot of what you think is challenged. Certain things may be hard to get, and perhaps some things are not what you thought how they would be like in the end.
    Which is also a big reason why a lot of relationships end at those times. The love of one's youth is always something special, but usually it's hard to keep this relationship working. The same again in our twenties and thirties. We change, so they have to change too, but if there's a point where things are stuck... it won't work, sadly.

And of course people that are close to you might spot if you changed. However, regarding minor things, they wan't. In this case it's more obvious if you're meeting people, which you haven't seen in a while.

I'd say too that you shouldn't worry too much about it, just stay true to yourself.

Honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with change, and I'm sure some people would say change is very necessary... but despite the fact that I do feel open minded I do still feel like pretty much the same person I've been for a long time. The core parts of me don't often change. So I don't really feel like I change personalities really suddenly or anything like that, but that doesn't mean I you should feel weird for experiencing that. If anything I'm the strange one.

The day we stop learning is the day we die. And through learning, we are constantly changing. Embrace it.

I disagree, my personality has changed...from when I was 18-20...tbh an asshole stuck up now, decent and usually good natured...

Now, it took lots of fairly major events to do this, but it is what has happened...

In fact my gf, on old ex from years past, actually says this as well...

I used to never have time for anything that wasn't, don't really want anything for myself anymore...

My two cents!

I too feel as though my personality has changed, and yea, I do adapt but this is a bit beyond adapting to social scenarios etc. I've never really been like a really mean person or anything but I've gone from being a mostly quiet person to being outgoing to being whatever I would be now. I appreciate it, my cousin who sees me every so often thinks I have MPD because I'm always different every time I see her but I think I just change more quickly than people are accustomed to.