Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Seattle

Default Moving to Seattle

Hey all!

I'll be moving home to Washington at some point this year and just wanted to start the process of looking for a place to live/possible roommates. I'm looking in the Seattle area (preferably near SeaTac, Seattle/Capitol Hill, or Bellevue) since I will be working at the airport. I'm not in a huge hurry as my current least isn't up until Thanksgiving, but I know finding a decent/affordable place can be challenging sometimes. Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Nick

I moved from Seattle not too long ago. It's not necessarily the nicest area, but your best bet for a cheaper place to live is probably Renton/north Kent area.

On the plus side, if you're not adverse to them (I'm not but a lot on here are) ABUniverse is in Everett. I used to drive up there and pick up my orders the same day I ordered them with no shipping cost and paid in cash.

I haven't done a whole lot of research on the area yet, so I don't have opposition to a whole lot haha.

Des Moines is not to bad of an area and close to the backdoor of SeaTac. Then there is also stuff in Fife and some of the Tac blurbs.

As far as cheaper apartments go you may try Tacoma, or even down farther south towards Lakewood if nothing is available. The Best part is the busses run all the time and for cheap. However two problems there, first I-5 s a nightmare for traffic and once you get down that far south you are competing with all the soldiers stationed at Fort Lewis and McCourd with off base housing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeapingLela View Post
    As far as cheaper apartments go you may try Tacoma, or even down farther south towards Lakewood if nothing is available. The Best part is the busses run all the time and for cheap. However two problems there, first I-5 s a nightmare for traffic and once you get down that far south you are competing with all the soldiers stationed at Fort Lewis and McCourd with off base housing.
    Fort Lewis and McCord AFB are no longer separate FYI. They've been Joint Base Lewis-McCord for at least a few years now. It's JBLM for short.

Anyway, if you are gonna work at the airport, don't go further south than Tacoma. You'll hate your commute. Also, the bus and trains work well but only if you can stay near the I-5 corridor. I used to live about 35 miles east of Tacoma and the busses were terrible (funding was cut).

Quote Originally Posted by MolicareMan View Post
    Fort Lewis and McCord AFB are no longer separate FYI. They've been Joint Base Lewis-McCord for at least a few years now. It's JBLM for short.

Anyway, if you are gonna work at the airport, don't go further south than Tacoma. You'll hate your commute. Also, the bus and trains work well but only if you can stay near the I-5 corridor. I used to live about 35 miles east of Tacoma and the busses were terrible (funding was cut).
    5AMto7PM and 3PMto6PM are the worst of times on I-5. I keep forgetting that fact. Considering how many soldiers I see in Seattle on any given weekend I should know this by now.

All these comments (between this thread and another that you've been commenting in) are making me miss home...

I've lived in the Greater Seattle Area for all but a few years of my life (college). Seattle "traffuck," as I like to call it, is very worth avoiding. My general advice is to live as near to where you work as possible. I've made the mistake of setting myself up for long commutes, and those are just wasted life that you never get back. That, or they're work you don't get paid for. Pick your favorite analogy.