Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a supportive parental response?

Tiburon

Default Ever have a supportive parental response?

Just curious...have your parents ever been supportive of your interest in diapers?

I strongly suspect my guardians have a pretty good idea what I get up to, but the topics never come up over dinner to be made clear. I hope it stays that way.

They don't ask questions about the sizable parcels I get in the mail, or pry into why I regularly travel (sometimes great distances) to hang out with people I met on the internet. That's the best kind of support I could ever want/need. Anything more e.g. "need help organizing your stash, Marcus?" would make me very uncomfortable. Diapers are my thing and I've done a pretty good job of supporting myself living with this bizarre quirk, with a little help from the internet.

Some people aren't so lucky. I'm grateful for their lack of interest in this aspect of my life.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 03-Feb-2014 at 02:09.

I sense that the real question is "Should I tell my parents?" If that's the case, the answer is no. You shouldn't. Your parents gain nothing from it, and their approval really shouldn't be needed at this point. Just keep it to yourself and be happy until you're out the door.

If I've guessed incorrectly and you're just asking for childhood experiences with being discovered: Yes, I suppose my parents were "supportive" from the standpoint that, although they surely knew about my diapers, they didn't intervene. We never discussed it, though, and certainly never will.

My father knows, and he has not disowned me. Although, he would like me to find a different (read:more mainstream) to meet my needs. If my mom ever finds out, it's only going to hurt her with no chance of helping anyone, so I'm not going to tell her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I sense that the real question is "Should I tell my parents?" If that's the case, the answer is no. You shouldn't. Your parents gain nothing from it, and their approval really shouldn't be needed at this point. Just keep it to yourself and be happy until you're out the door.

If I've guessed incorrectly and you're just asking for childhood experiences with being discovered: Yes, I suppose my parents were "supportive" from the standpoint that, although they surely knew about my diapers, they didn't intervene. We never discussed it, though, and certainly never will.
    Absolutely agree with this. The downside if they disapprove is much more substantial than the upside if they approve. Most of the "I told my parents and now they're buying me diapers!" stories are just wishful thinking.

As for my parents: I'm not 100% sure that they both know, but I'm almost certain that my mom does. She has never brought it up to me, I've never brought it up to her, and I'm okay with that. I have a good relationship with my parents and I'm glad that they wouldn't let something like that throw a wrench in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    My father knows, and he has not disowned me.
    In a perfect world I'd like all parents to adhere to this as a minimum show of support.

After my mom found out she started washing my ab clothes and stuff. I asked her to stop though because it didn't feel right.

Really depends on your definition of supportive. My mom made it clear that she didn't want me doing it under her roof, but she didn't hate me or anything or make a huge deal about it. It really wasn't out of character for me anyway though, at that point.

Mine act supportive about it now but they don't participate nor buy them for me.

Short answer, no. My mom caught me wearing diapers numerous times since I was around 5. Despite many bowel and urinary accidents in regular underwear as a child, she did not see diapers as an alternative. She certainly has never understood (neither has my father) why I would want to wear them. To make things worse, she resorted to shaming me and my younger brother resorted to teasing me about it throughout my life. I love my family, but they were not supportive in the least, even later when I was diagnosed as medically incontinent about 10 years ago.

If your parents know and do not kick you out, then leave it be. I wouldn't expect anything special in terms of support. It sounds cynical, but in my defense, my family is conservative and tends to sweep abnormal things under the rug (out of sight, out of mind). Thank goodness I haven't had to live with them in over 20 years!