Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else hate clumping?

Default Anyone else hate clumping?

Anyone else hate clumping? I do! Anyone know of good diapers that don't clump that are plastic backed? Thanks.

Tranquility/Attend is among the worst in that regard. Bambino doesn't clump as much. If you want no clumping at all cloth diapers are the way to go.

In my experience all diapers will start to have clumping issues after some amount of extended wear. Thicker diapers seem to hold up longer. Depend, First Quality, and other store brands seem to clump distressingly fast. On the other hand, Bambino and Dry 24/7 take a good while for the padding to clump. Dry24/7 though doesn't clump very much when it does; to which I attribute that to the near obscene amount of padding stuffed in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    In my experience all diapers will start to have clumping issues after some amount of extended wear. Thicker diapers seem to hold up longer. Depend, First Quality, and other store brands seem to clump distressingly fast. On the other hand, Bambino and Dry 24/7 take a good while for the padding to clump. Dry24/7 though doesn't clump very much when it does; to which I attribute that to the near obscene amount of padding stuffed in it.
    I'm surprised you describe it as a problem with Depends. Their Fitted Maximum Protection AKA Protection with Tabs rarely has any clumping problems for me, even under extended wear. Perhaps it's because I don't generally wear them wet (low capacity and all). Still, under the same conditions, Attends and Tranquility ATNs clump annoyingly. I'd put Molicares in the same category. Bambinos are one of the more resistant diapers I've worn, even when wet, but nothing is perfect.

As to the titular question, I'd be more interested or surprised to hear if there's anyone out there who likes clumping.

I've always had clumping problems with my nappies, but they are a Pharmacy Brand from Boots (the main UK high-street pharmacy). I've yet to try any other nappy...could be an interesting journey

Yeah. Clumping sucks.

The all blue FormaCare diapers don't seem to clump at all, but I'm not sure they're even available anymore. A friend of mine gave me a pack of them recently because he's had them for ages and he didn't really like them anyway. The padding is kind of hard and tough, so I guess that can be uncomfortable (it was for him), but it doesn't really bother me to be honest. If you can get your hands on these diapers, by all means try them.

Every other diaper I've tried clumps to some extent. Tena is generally better than Abena in this area, though. Not sure about Depends.

Yep.

The only adult diaper I've managed to get is Assurance, and after wearing the same one to bed for about two nights, the padding starts moving around and getting clumpy, which I imagine makes them less than ideal to wet.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Yep.

The only adult diaper I've managed to get is Assurance, and after wearing the same one to bed for about two nights, the padding starts moving around and getting clumpy, which I imagine makes them less than ideal to wet.
    In its defense, most diapers aren't really meant to be worn for two nights in a row... :P

CrinklySiren

To find the right diaper with the least amount of clumping, its necessary to set a rational amount of time before they start to clump ~ lets make the assumption that no one would wear a diaper longer than 8 hours or so. In my experience there are diapers that appear cheap with little chance of clumping, as well as diapers that appear high-quality that clump pretty quickly.

Total Dry Plus from Bambino are a pretty thin diaper, and i've worn one for about 4-5 hours without it clumping at all ~ While at the same time i've also worn an ABU Cushies diaper for less than 1 or 2 and it clumps up the moment you apply any sort of normal body heat.

Its also worth considering how much activity you do or will be doing in the diaper you're wearing. I think the best quality, least clumping diaper i've ever worn was probably the Total Dry X-Plus or the Aww So Cute brand ~ Wore both of them for an entire day (about 8 or 9 hours) and they didn't clump at all, even when wet.... but i suppose everyone has a different diaper experience :P

I wear two brands. My insruance company gives me pretty crappy diapers. The Wings Choice Plus brand. If I am just sitting around the house and not very active, they will last the 3-4 hours or so without clumping. When I have the money, I like to buy Wellness Briefs. They are designed to be worn up to 8 hours. But I HATE throwing a diaper out that's not wet. So if I don't wet it in 8 hours, I will wear it a little more. But with the Wellness Briefs, even with a active day I can go a good 6 hours without it clumping up. It's one of those, you get what you pay for. But break down comes with a number of factors. How long after wetting the diaper you continue to wear it. How active you are running around. The temp, as if you are sweating, the diaper will break down more. I also find using corn startch with baby powder in it really helps. It seems to provide a slip surface which helps prevent the diaper from breaking down as fast. But I love the powder with corn startch a bit too much. When I sit down I sometimes poof, a white cloud of powder coming out the back of the diaper....lol.

-Baby Stanley