Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salutations ADISC!

Default Salutations ADISC!

Hello all, I am a young man who has just recently rediscovered and indulged in long-suppressed urges. I am a calm, relaxed individual who tends to take his time before responding in conversation to ensure I say exactly what I mean. I currently am a retail manager of a pet food store (If you have a pet and don't know what to feed it, don't hesitate to ask!) but am looking to go back to school to pursue computer programming, software testing, or maybe air traffic control.

Until a few days ago, it had been a long time since I gave into my DL urges. The last time was when I was 11-12. Now I am interested in making a lifestyle change which brought me here. It is enormously comforting to see such a thriving and friendly community. I'm very excited to get to know all of you.

I currently occupy myself with my band which I play guitar in, following a few NHL teams, PC gaming, an of course my awesome girlfriend who I will have been with five years this spring (who I haven't come out to yet, but that's for another post. Or two.).

I joined because after lurking for a few days and seeing the kind of support you all provide, I want to get to know the people that make this community what it is. But more so I'd like to give back, with whatever my opinion ends up being worth. That is, I want to be helpful and give any good advice I can, hopefully as much as I end up taking.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Drek View Post
    Hello all, I am a young man who has just recently rediscovered and indulged in long-suppressed urges. I am a calm, relaxed individual who tends to take his time before responding in conversation to ensure I say exactly what I mean. I currently am a retail manager of a pet food store (If you have a pet and don't know what to feed it, don't hesitate to ask!) but am looking to go back to school to pursue computer programming, software testing, or maybe air traffic control.

Until a few days ago, it had been a long time since I gave into my DL urges. The last time was when I was 11-12. Now I am interested in making a lifestyle change which brought me here. It is enormously comforting to see such a thriving and friendly community. I'm very excited to get to know all of you.

I currently occupy myself with my band which I play guitar in, following a few NHL teams, PC gaming, an of course my awesome girlfriend who I will have been with five years this spring (who I haven't come out to yet, but that's for another post. Or two.).

I joined because after lurking for a few days and seeing the kind of support you all provide, I want to get to know the people that make this community what it is. But more so I'd like to give back, with whatever my opinion ends up being worth. That is, I want to be helpful and give any good advice I can, hopefully as much as I end up taking.

Cheers!
    Welcome to ADISC Drek and thank you for a wonderful introduction! As you say, we are a support group and are here to help you any way we can. Do you have any questions? I do - which hockey teams do you follow? From California I'm guessing the Ducks and Kings?

Thank you! No questions right now, just familiarizing myself with everything here.

And no way, opposite side. Sharks!!

This was a great intro. Welcome and I hope to see you around the forum.

No, really, it was a great intro, and I read a great many of them . So a large part of what made your intro good, besides information about you per se, is that it opened further avenues for getting to know you better. Your musical tastes, for instance. What sort of things does your band play? Cool Jazz? Death metal? Folk?

What NHL teams interest you? You should know I am in the home of the Oilers, and I was here during the Gretzky years. PC gaming... do tell us more. Personally I am a fantasy type (Elder Scrolls for one) or into science fiction FPS. Not gaming atm as I tend to obsess and ignore other important things. When I do game it's on Xbox, as I prefer a controller to a keyboard and mouse, which seems to me contrived and requires me to look at the keyboard, which breaks the realism for me. With a controller I feel more "one" with the game and my avatar in it, just the way a car feels like it responds to telepathic commands, and I don't really feel the wheel or the pedals. It' hard to really explain, but I suspect you know what I mean.

As to coming out to the gf, I suspect that if you two have been an item for 5 years she won't be all that surprised at your diaper side, whatever it may involve. For one thing, she may have her own kinks to match yours... I rather suspect she knows and accepts you, including just-below-the surface, not-for-public-consumption stuff. I have more than one ex who I told about my private habits, but since it's primarily for my solo fun and didn't lessen how much I was into my partner, I carried on my merry way.

Now I of course don't know how your dl side works... or if you crave seeing women diapered, or what. I do know that we are not all cut from the same cloth, and there is huge variety within the ab/dl/babyfur community. Whatever your favorite way to be involved with diapers may be, however, or what kind of play you like, I guarantee there arwe others with the same tastes as you have... And if you are shy about talking about what you would like to do in private, that is totally fine. You will be able to gather which others on here like the same sorts of things by reading what they post.

As I am sure you know, within the abdl community and on this site, we have every type of person represented: by species, gender, sexual preference, (including asexual) or politics, or anything else.

BTW, I am also a huge C & H fan.I recommend Bloom County. which gave us Binkley's Closet of anxieties. Look here
    Last edited by Raccoon; 03-Feb-2014 at 18:32.

Thank you all so much, I've never felt so welcome anywhere especially on a forum.

To answer your questions Raccoon, my band plays old school thrash. People have compared us to Slayer, Exodus, S.O.D., and a little DRI. My own tastes are much more diverse than that, but I tend to enjoy heavier music. I am an avid Sharks fan, and have had the chance to get to go to 3 games so far this season which is a record for me (I look forward to going while wearing in the future ). Are you a fan of the Oilers or do you just happen to live next to them?
    I used to be an Xbox guy, but built my own PC last year and haven't looked back. Elder Scrolls is awesome. I first bought Skyrim for Xbox and later re-purchased it for PC just too see it in its full potential, and my god it is beautiful. Lately I've mostly been playing Dota 2, StarCraft 2, and Team Fortress 2. As for the control method, I agree you can feel more immersed with a controller, but I still prefer the precision of a mouse and the more numerous options a full keyboard provides.

I can safely say my gf is going to be surprised. I can also safely say it's not something she would leave me over, but I am still nervous as to what her initial reaction will be as well as the extent of her eventual acceptance.

I don't know how my DL side works either lol or what all of my desires include. The last indulgences were half my life ago, and I am a much different person now obviously. I need time to get to know myself before I can even think about bringing it up with her.

And yes, C&H. What I have found most interesting about it is that you can go back as you get older and older, reread all of it, and come away with something entirely different and yet still true every time. So much about life buried inside
    Thanks for the recommendations, I will check those out!

Quote Originally Posted by Drek View Post

Cheers!
    It is very nice to meet you! I see that you might be interested in perusing a career in Air traffic control. That is a very demanding and rewarding career path. I myself am going to the University of Alaska Anchorage (one of the best Aviation schools in the country) perusing a degree in Aviation Technology! I started out as a pilot, but soon figured I would rather fly as a private pilot then flying as a full time job. If you do choose the ATC path consider UAA, to my belief we are ranked number one for air traffic and we have an full fetched Tower and center sims that are of the highest quality. I would love to get to know you more and I hope you stay with us awhile!