Thread: What does it mean to you?

RainbowShy

Default What does it mean to you?

I'm curious to know what being an ABDL or little means to some of us. We all have our reasons, and that's why I wanted to ask this. I was curious about those reasons and stuff is all. :3

For me, I'm already pretty much a little. It depends mostly on my mood though too. I think most of it comes from being autistic, dyspraxic and having a lot of delays also. I feel more at ease when I can be a little. It's like... I was meant to be little the rest of my life. I can't stand being an adult because there's too many responsibilities that can easily trigger my anxiety.

I define myself as a little because I'm more at a two to five year old level. I have tantrums, love watching cartoons 24/7 (not counting anime), don't really understand what being adult means, sleep with stuffed animals, am afraid of the dark... I could literally go on forever.

So, what about you?

I'm addcted to paci, sometimes wear diapers and drink from bottle. It's mostly sexual kink, but not at all.

Though its not my parents fault, my life has been very stressful. A huge part of that is because of my disabilities: being 95% blind and 40% deaf. Another part is being an artist (music, painting, film) which as most people know, we're a bit strange anyway. And part of it is my depression, anger and anxiety which is caused both by the above reasons and also runs in the family on both sides. I had to grow up fast and never really had a fun childhood. I didn't have friends and was picked on mercilessly and compared to a baby by the other kids. I've also had a fear of wetting myself since I had the one and only accident I ever had which was in 2nd grade because the teacher wouldn't let me go to the restroom. I've been infatuated with diapers and baby paraphernalia since I was about 3 and especially since my sister was born when I was 5. I CAN function as an adult but I find it stresses me out. It seems no matter how hard I've tried I CAN'T see myself as an adult. I feel much more like a 2-4 year old who is still in diapers and clings to his mommy.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    Though its not my parents fault, my life has been very stressful. A huge part of that is because of my disabilities: being 95% blind and 40% deaf. Another part is being an artist (music, painting, film) which as most people know, we're a bit strange anyway. And part of it is my depression, anger and anxiety which is caused both by the above reasons and also runs in the family on both sides. I had to grow up fast and never really had a fun childhood. I didn't have friends and was picked on mercilessly and compared to a baby by the other kids. I've also had a fear of wetting myself since I had the one and only accident I ever had which was in 2nd grade because the teacher wouldn't let me go to the restroom. I've been infatuated with diapers and baby paraphernalia since I was about 3 and especially since my sister was born when I was 5. I CAN function as an adult but I find it stresses me out. It seems no matter how hard I've tried I CAN'T see myself as an adult. I feel much more like a 2-4 year old who is still in diapers and clings to his mommy.
    That how it is with me. There are some things I can do as an adult... but it's really hard. To be honest, I can't cook, clean, hold down a job or even go to college. I do know how to do other things like bathing, doing laundry, using the bathroom (I try not to overuse diapers because of my situation)... but as you said, a lot of the 'adult' things tend to stress me out. I rely a lot on my parents who are now becoming physically-impaired. :/ The pressures I deal with is them not understanding that I'm disabled too, so they expect me to be able to do everyday things that cause me a huge amount of stress. My reasons are more because of my bad memory. I have very little record of ever being a child. I attach this to theory of having countless head injuries growing up that might have affected that in the past.

For me, it keeps the anxiety level down. I liken it to going out in a loud public place and putting on earplugs. You can still hear the noise, but it's way more bearable.

For me its a way to relive a past I did not have too much of one.
    Only had one parent growing up from about 2, and was not the fault of the one I had.
    Keeps stress, and depression down.

I also truly feel younger inside that my actual physical age.
    Not sure how to fully explain it. In someways I grew up,
    tho in others I have not.

I do not feel as if I have fully gotten to experience this from the side of a little, but I have from the side of a caregiver.

As a caregiver it means fully taking care of another person. It means taking care of every responsibility, every basic task, everything, for another person so that they don't have to worry. I like the idea of putting someone at ease, of caring for them, of allowing them to rely on me fully. I like being a person they can trust and depend upon. I like being able to shower them with love and attention, with unconditional care. I admit, my caregiver style is more on the "indulgent" side, and that might be because I want to be indulged, as a little. I want to hold my little one close, stroke their hair, read them stories, play with them, make them meals, for just a little while, be able to give them whatever they want, whatever they need, and in that moment, know that they are fulfilled.

As a little, well, I've never fully felt comfortable regressing, though I have partially. For me, it is returning to a time where nothing is my fault, where I can do no wrong, where I am loved unconditionally. It is a time where everything is fun, everything is easy, and my mind isn't bombarded with adult cynicism and responsibilities. It is a time without guilt or worry. It is about feeling safe and protected. It is about being able to let go. It is about being able to be happy, being able to enjoy myself, without having to analyze everything as I so often tend to, and fearing that the happy feeling will end. To me, the connection with a caregiver would be key. I want to be able to let go entirely with someone and be so connected to them that every aspect of my being, including my little side, is loved.

For me it's not a lifestyle or personality trait or a coping mechanism or anything like that which seems to be for the majority of ab's I think, which is ok don't get me wrong but somehow makes me feel like on the outside of the abdl scene sometimes, to me it's more like a fetish or interest in regressing and feeling like a toddler and the fact that there's also a sexual arousal from regressing a lot of the times.

I've always been comfortable with my age and enjoy being an adult but sometimes I like to pretend to be a toddler still wearing diapers.

For me it's almost an obsession. I've always been attracted to diapers, for as long as I can remember. It is sexual, so it both comforts me, but also provides an emotional release valve. I was adopted at age two, so I have no idea as to how I was treated as a baby. I may have spent some time in an adoptive orphanage. Life was not especially easy for me, growing up. We moved a lot, and I was bullied for part of my younger life. I lived in some poor and violent neighborhoods, growing up along the Jersey Shore.

Whatever the contributing factors were, they did their job well. I love wearing diapers, having babyish things and regressing heavily. That said, I live a normal and productive life outside of diapers. They do not rule, dominate or ruin my life. We have a happy marriage, me, my wife, and my diapers.