View Poll Results: Which would you choose?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abena M4

27 62.79%
  • Molicare Super Plus

15 34.88%
  • Other (please tell us)

1 2.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena M4 vs Molicare Super Plus

Default Abena M4 vs Molicare Super Plus

My favorite diaper is the Bambino Bellisimo but I can't afford them right now. My second favorite is Abena M4 but I found a good deal on Molicare Super Plus so here's my question. Which is better in your opinion. M4 or Super Plus? If neither what around the same price would you recommend?

I have both in stock. The molicares tend to clump more frequently when wearing(especially under regular clothes) and but they do have quieter and softer plastic backing.

Nothing though beats Abeana absorbancy(unless you have dry24/7 or fabine)

Quote Originally Posted by quartz200420012 View Post
    I have both in stock. The molicares tend to clump more frequently when wearing(especially under regular clothes) and but they do have quieter and softer plastic backing.

Nothing though beats Abeana absorbancy(unless you have dry24/7 or fabine)
    I've had leak issues with Fabine before. Never got any dry 24/7s

I actually think they are comparable. For me the current M4's clump a lot more than the Molicare Super Plus. They both are around same thickness and absorbancy. Go for it if there is a good deal on.

The old Abena X-PLUS were better than both the above, but not to be found anymore.

I chose the Abena M4 as I'm guessing they are still plastic backed where you are, which would be my preference of the two. As they are cloth only in Australia whereas the Molicare Super Plus is still plastic (albeit a very soft and silent almost plastic).
    I would choose the Moli in plastic over the cloth Abena.

kayley

I use Moli sometimes, and keep them around. They are very good, and purrrrrrple!
    But Abena are better at everything.

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    My favorite diaper is the Bambino Bellisimo but I can't afford them right now. My second favorite is Abena M4 but I found a good deal on Molicare Super Plus so here's my question. Which is better in your opinion. M4 or Super Plus? If neither what around the same price would you recommend?
    It totally depends on what you're looking for. Both those diapers are very comparable, yet have different feels to them. I feel like the molicaires tend to feel a bit heavier when wet, but as quartz said they have quieter and softer plastic backing. Abenas seem to hold roughly the same amount, but it wicks a little bit better.

In my opinion, if you're talking about the plastic backed M4, go for it just because it's soon to be discontinued. If you're referring to the cloth backed, I never liked high capactiy diapers to be cloth backed and wouldn't recommend them. The tapes wouldn't last very long when the diaper was soaked. Seemed counter intuitive to the diaper's purpose.

Going to have to lean toward the Molicare Super Plus on this one, considering how Abena decided to discontinue making the S4 with a plastic backing.

When are they discontinuing plastic backed m4s?

Quote Originally Posted by gnd567 View Post
    When are they discontinuing plastic backed m4s?
    At the moment, I believe only the S4s were discontinued in plastic backing, though they continued production of the plastic backed M4s.