Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I feel the urge to be an AB

Default Why I feel the urge to be an AB

I'm not new to being an ab I just don't understand why my desires are so strong to wear a diaper and use it as a baby does. It's not like I can turn it off and on and it gets stronger the more I wear. Help me understand. I have had these feeling starting in elementary school when I was in the hospital for a stomach virus and was made to wear diapers as I could not control my bowels. Just looking for thoughts from other adult babies as to why I feel so strongly. Thanks for any thoughts.

CrinklySiren

When did you start indulging these feelings?

This is probably the story for most of us on this site. I've had these feelings since I was four years old, and by the time I was six, I was acting on them. Even if I don't have a burning desire, once I put a diaper on, the intense feelings start all over again. I think it's just who we are. For whatever contributing reason which causes the desire to wear diapers and feel babyish, those feelings are well established and aren't going to dissipate.

I doubt you're going to get a satisfactory answer as to why; I know I never have. Really, you appear to be more concerned with your behavior and that's something that can reasonably be addressed, even without knowing why. Can you explain a little more about how you're acting on this and why it is so troublesome?

I found that once I had ready access to diapers, a lot of the obsessive preoccupation dissipated. That's not to say that I stopped wanting to wear them but it wasn't such a consuming desire and as my self-acceptance increased, it got better and better. It may not be universally applicable but it has made a world of difference for me.

When it comes to the nature of ABDL'ism, it is something that I would never wish upon another - let alone advise someone to start taking an interest in. There is enough social stigma surrounding it already - and it is a hard enough lifestyle to live out as it is.

But for some where wearing baby attire is not just a sexually driven thing, may consider it to be an inborn drive, a maternal instinct if you may.

Generally two things can come of this:

1)You continue to satisfy your urges, that will probably lead to a binge/purge cycle and may never be a need/want again.
    2)You satisfy your urges and it eventually becomes the norm. If in your case AB/DL is more of an inborn drive, then you may see that being the case.

What I have stated thus far are from some of the areas of the AB/DL world I have learned about so far, and speculations from my own experiences too.
    Last edited by Speck; 01-Feb-2014 at 10:37.

well over ten years ago. I know these feelings will never go away and I'm okay with them. I just catch my self wondering why me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehorton View Post
    well over ten years ago. I know these feelings will never go away and I'm okay with them. I just catch my self wondering why me?
    Why are you the height you are? Why do you like the foods you do? Why are we passionate about one kind of music but not another? I don't think it hurts to give consideration to origins of things but don't expect it's going to explain much or even help if you could magically know just how it happened. The point is, it has and you're here now, and diapers can be great. Maybe find someone to share that with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Why are you the height you are? Why do you like the foods you do? Why are we passionate about one kind of music but not another? I don't think it hurts to give consideration to origins of things but don't expect it's going to explain much or even help if you could magically know just how it happened. The point is, it has and you're here now, and diapers can be great. Maybe find someone to share that with.
    That's where I'm at. I love wearing a diaper, and I'm becoming more confident in being an AB. Thanks everyone for your insight. More thoughts are always welcome as I'm open and willing to listen to others opinions.

Hi

i can relate to what your saying. i too have had those feelings i could never exactly place it. but for me the best i can explain to myself as to hy im an AB and a FURRY is simply because i am. i dont really have an answer for it. i guess it was just predetermined i guess.

im at the stage no tho that i really dont care if its not the norm and that it keeps me appy and helps me to destress. it may be a bad thing that i if i dont wear i cant fntion properly.

i wear practically 24/7 and yeah i kno to most people its not normal but for me its as normal as someone getting up and putting there pants/boxers on, except for me its my diaper/nappy.

i have aso come to understand that all the problems people have in regards to people noticeing them weaaring and the like, its all in the head. its a mental thing.

one thing i do say to people tho, is that if people have a problem with it, its their problem not mine. im not gunna change so you either accept me or not. this is who i am and thats all there is to it.