Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sleeping with pacifiers

Default sleeping with pacifiers

Hi,
    I actually not an ab but regularly I have the urge to suck my thumb when I sleep want to go to sleep. had this urge already for many years, but when I do it feels uncomfortable. So I was thinking of buying a adult sized pacifier.

are there methods to learn to sleep with a pacifier again that work? I was thinking of attaching an elastic on it so that it stays in my mouth during the night. more or less like a gag ball but then in a nice way.

does any of you go to sleep with a pacifier and if so, do you still have it in the morning?

I don't have it in the morning when I fall asleep with my pacifier, but I don't really expect it to be. Sometimes I'm even aware of it slipping out of my mouth after I stopped sucking on it and started dozing off, halfway into slumber land.. but by then it did it's job. It's okay. If waking up with it in your mouth is really important then I would suggest something like you described, though I'm not personally aware of any issues with breathing that might arise.. if something like that is possible then that wouldn't' be good.

Quick tip, the more you sleep with it, the more used to it your body gets. And might I recommend a clip so you actually know where it is if it falls out of your mouth while your sleeping, turing it into a gag will 8/10 times, cause problems. As for if you should or not, I would say yes, I sleep with one. It took some getting used to, but it was worth it.

I sleep with paci regulary from my 13, and it's not very frecuent to loose it. But sometimes when I loose it I wake up.

Stop resisting, give into the AB side, it's only a matter of time. :p

But seriously, I don't regularly sleep with one however, I did doze off on the couch the other day with one so yeah, that was interesting. I was quite tired. :3

But yeah, as time goes on you'll get more used to using one. Next thing ya know, you'll wonder how you did without one. x3

the thing is, my wife has no problems with my incontinence and as far as ab feelings, I wear a footy pj ( army colours of course :p ) every night during the winter and I can't imagine a winter without wearing them. I feel so comfortable in it and I even sleep better in it. even in the evening and morning I wear them. but a pacifier. don't know yet how to tell that to her.
    for the elastic idea, don't think it would be a problem since I breath trough my nose and sleep mostly on my side. (don't snore, so I'm the perfect husband :p)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywishes View Post
    Quick tip, the more you sleep with it, the more used to it your body gets. And might I recommend a clip so you actually know where it is if it falls out of your mouth while your sleeping, turing it into a gag will 8/10 times, cause problems. As for if you should or not, I would say yes, I sleep with one. It took some getting used to, but it was worth it.
    so i bet you sleep whit a pacifier every night then?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    I sleep with paci regulary from my 13, and it's not very frecuent to loose it. But sometimes when I loose it I wake up.
    Sounds like me. But i wake up when i loose my plushy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    You should get a pacifier leash, i love having one, I never have to worry about loosing mine anymore, so if my mouth gets tired of having it in there, i can just spit it out, i don't have to think about moving to try and place it on my desk. Or if i wake up and i want my pacifier, i can just pop it in my mouth without looking.

It just takes a bit of time to get used to. No special gadgets or heroic efforts required. A leash might save you looking for it in the morning but it's not as if it can scurry away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Skywishes View Post
    so i bet you sleep whit a pacifier every night then?
    Yes, I do, Its also a good thing to have while Under the influence of marijuana, helps me focus, plus, is really really soothing (10x more soothing then normal)