Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone not enjoy double padding as much as a single nappy?

Default Anyone not enjoy double padding as much as a single nappy?

So last night I double padded which is rare for me as I don't get to use my diaper to it's 'full' potential. Last night we were rained out at work and sent home so I decided to make the most of it and double padded.

After about an hour I came to the conclusion I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I would or have in the past :S ... And when I tried to sleep I found it a lil uncomfortable laying on my tummy (my prefered sleep position) and ended up rolling over to my back.

So yeah, I think I'd rather wake up and change or limit my fluid intake (I drank about a liter of water etc) before bed.
    I weighed myself before and after getting out of my nappy and there was a 1.8kg difference :O .... and some quick calcs determined I was in it for about 14hours >.< ...no wonder it smelt so strong of pee hehe.

So anyone else prefer to go single padded and change more often?

My preferences have changed regarding this. I used to think the puffier the better but have grown to appreciate even a single thin diaper. I have found that the sensation of wearing is just as enjoyable. Even with a thinner one I still get all of the reverence that a thicker one provides.

I mostly wear for the pleasure and rarely use them for their intended use.

I very rarely opt for a single (disposable) nappy without any additional padding, although I never use two nappies together either - seems like a waste! But I usually use soaker pads, at least two - the heavy warm bulge after several wettings is so wonderful.

one diaper is enough for me(as long as it is big enough ). have don it with two small ones, but.... never don it with them soaker pads though ! do not know where to get them. have to try, if i can get some but is it necessary, when having an abena night diaper that soaks up to 4000 ml (4 ltr) ???
    happy pees out there

I've never really enjoyed wearing two at a time. It never seemed to do much for the capacity (the bottom diaper never really got very wet before the top one started leaking), and any capacity increase was offset by propensity to leak out the sides.

But then I feel like I'm somewhat unique among DLs because I don't find ridiculous thickness to feel all that great (tena slip is actually my favorite diaper, and they're probably the thinnest of the premiums).

I'm probably also weird to diaper wearers in general in that I don't really see diapers with crazy high capacity to be that useful. I really don't like to be in the same wet diaper for much longer than 8 hours or so (smell and skin irritation start to become an issue), so anything that'll last past that feels like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by irnub View Post
    I've never really enjoyed wearing two at a time. It never seemed to do much for the capacity (the bottom diaper never really got very wet before the top one started leaking), and any capacity increase was offset by propensity to leak out the sides.

But then I feel like I'm somewhat unique among DLs because I don't find ridiculous thickness to feel all that great (tena slip is actually my favorite diaper, and they're probably the thinnest of the premiums).

I'm probably also weird to diaper wearers in general in that I don't really see diapers with crazy high capacity to be that useful. I really don't like to be in the same wet diaper for much longer than 8 hours or so (smell and skin irritation start to become an issue), so anything that'll last past that feels like a waste.
    I agree with pretty much everything that was said here.

The only reason I like diapers with high capacity is because I tend to soak the diapers as opposed to steadily wetting over a course of time. Other than that, I don't find anything wrong about a thin diaper. In fact, after wearing nothing but Abena M4's, bambino bellisimos and molicaire supers, I wore my last M3 today for a nap (just woke up a bit ago, and still wearing it) and it was such an awesome change of pace. I actually felt more like a toddler since most baby diapers nowadays are becoming thinner anyway.

I've never tried stuffers, but I've used baby diapers as stuffers and I wasn't fond of the feeling. It ended up sliding around inside the diaper until it was soaked and then it just didn't feel right to me. I don't know how to explain it but I just love the feeling of having one single diaper attached to me. I can feel every part of the diaper when I wear just it and I don't like to mess with that pure feeling at all.

Sometime I add a baby diaper inflated strong instead of a additional padding. But that's it. I don't like a waste!

I always wear one , however i always place a baby nappy with the sides torn off inside to be used as a soaker wearing multiple adult nappies just don't work and is a waste

I agree with everything in this thread about using only one at a time and using booster pads for proper functionality and bulk because, well, that's what they are designed for.

Two or more are only good if you want to simulate waddling. Or for waddling, you can always use the alternative. :p
    Last edited by Speck; 31-Jan-2014 at 14:27.