Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desires to try baby food?

RainbowShy

Default Desires to try baby food?

My mom told me as a child, I always hated baby food. The only thing I enjoyed eating was the custard. However, now that my teeth are going bad, and I'm half gums/half teeth... I've been having desires to eat baby food. I could easily give the excuse of, "Well I don't have much options when it comes to food". I can't eat a lot of meat, especially if it's tough. I can eat steamed vegetables if they are soft. I also can't eat anything really hard or crunchy.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these desires, or maybe if you guys have already eaten baby food before? (Not as a baby BABY but as an adult baby that is). I have tried a lot of the fruit snacks/fruit strips/fruit twists. I have also tried those little puffs they have. But yeah... should I try to convince my parents a little more about this? I usually just go for applesauce/fruit sauce. However, if they know it hurts to eat most foods that are hard, tough or crunchy... I wonder if they'd let me eat baby food as an excuse.

I totally have had that desire. We are talking about the paste ones right? I mean, I've enjoyed the more for bigger toddler age stuff like the puffs and stuff, but that's not quite the experience I think we are talking about. If so, I've also done it with the paste ones. Got a macaroni and cheese one, thinking I've had all sorts of low quality mac 'n' cheeses before and I found myself enjoying them to some degree, so I'll totally be fine with this right? I'm going to love this right, and I'm going to become a total baby food eater because that's just so adorable. I'm such a cutie patootie baby. (My thought process at the time, also I just like calling myself adorable names, don't you judge me.) ^_^

... I didn't. At all. I tried to tell myself I did, I wanted to so bad. I couldn't lie to myself, but I forced it down. Somewhat because I had spent good money on it, somewhat because I thought it was somewhat babyish to have to eat it without any say in the matter even though I totally had a say... I at least ended up with it all over my chin like a baby when I gagged on it... mission accomplished? Dx

(I did try other flavours just hoping it was the one I picked.. sadly no.)

Ever since then I've stuck with sweet applesauce with extra cinnamon sugar whenever I want something mushy to be a baby with.

Honestly though, I hope some people really do enjoy it. I still really wish I did.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    I totally have had that desire. We are talking about the paste ones right? I mean, I've enjoyed the more for bigger toddler age stuff like the puffs and stuff, but that's not quite the experience I think we are talking about. If so, I've also done it with the paste ones. Got a macaroni and cheese one, thinking I've had all sorts of low quality mac 'n' cheeses before and I found myself enjoying them to some degree, so I'll totally be fine with this right? I'm going to love this right, and I'm going to become a total baby food eater because that's just so adorable. I'm such a cutie patootie baby. (My thought process at the time, also I just like calling myself adorable names, don't you judge me.) ^_^

... I didn't. At all. I tried to tell myself I did, I wanted to so bad. I couldn't lie to myself, but I forced it down. Somewhat because I had spent good money on it, somewhat because I thought it was somewhat babyish to have to eat it without any say in the matter even though I totally had a say... I at least ended up with it all over my chin like a baby when I gagged on it... mission accomplished? Dx

(I did try other flavours just hoping it was the one I picked.. sadly no.)

Ever since then I've stuck with sweet applesauce with extra cinnamon sugar whenever I want something mushy to be a baby with.

Honestly though, I hope some people really do enjoy it. I still really wish I did.
    I guess that means they haven't really changed then have they? XD I have tried the toddler stuff too. Some of the toddler stuff is actually really good. In fact, my dad really likes the fruit snacks because they are much softer than the fruit snacks I buy (IE SPongebob, Thomas, Scooby etc). I guess I'll have to find some other options lol.

At least one of my sisters loves baby food, and neither are ABDL's, or show any signs of being one. So some people just like baby food just because, with no need for an excuse. But when the youngest of my 2 sisters was a kid, she liked dog food. And I mean a kid as in 8 years old ish. Now she is grown and her baby loved cat food. I am told I loved halipenio peppers as a baby. (I forgot how to spell that. -.-)

I say go for it, heck, not like you need any excuse to try it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiofSassgard View Post
    I guess that means they haven't really changed then have they? XD I have tried the toddler stuff too. Some of the toddler stuff is actually really good. In fact, my dad really likes the fruit snacks because they are much softer than the fruit snacks I buy (IE SPongebob, Thomas, Scooby etc). I guess I'll have to find some other options lol.
    Yeah, the toddler-y stuff is actually pretty good.. though usually I feel like there is an adult or older kid version of the same product I enjoy more that I should just pretend is the toddler variety.

Sorry to disappoint, I almost want to say go for it just for the experience.. but I just can't recommend it based on my own taste tests. XD

RainbowShy

I have a feeling... that if I didn't like it as a baby, then I'm not going to like it any better now. XD You might have a good point there. I have tried it at one point, and I really didn't like it now that I think about it. *shrug* I'll stick to the toddler stuff since it's softer to eat.

One thing that might be cool is trying to make your own homemade baby food.. maybe I would like it better if I blended my own mac-n-cheese into a fine paste.

RainbowShy

I thought of that. I know if my parents manage to find a dentist for me to put me to sleep at the hospital and pull them (I have this terrifying fear or phobia of dentists), then I might have to deal with blending my food and stuff to eat it. :/ The only issue is that my insurance doesn't exactly cover stuff like that unless it's considered an actual emergency. Plus, most places my mom has called will tell her they don't take my insurance. I'm too old for a pediatric dentist, whether I'm multiply-disabled or not. :/

Truthfully, I never really stopped eating baby food. Well into my tween years, my mom would buy me banana or sweet potato baby food as a treat because I loved it so much. I occasionally still buy those kinds today. They're awesome and help me feel little; if you're going to do it, treat yourself to a baby spoon too for the full effect.

I very occasionally eat baby food because once in a blue moon I'll buy it for one of my pet birds as an easy way to give him fruits and veggies. Though truthfully I end up eating most of it It's not really an ab thing, my ab age is 3 so I'm kinda a bit old for it, but I do like the taste.