Thread: bladder feels like its bruised?

Default bladder feels like its bruised?

Idk how to explain it, it feels like my bladder is bruised, at least I think its my bladder its at the top left of my groin

- - - Updated - - -

I did wear a diaper today and "forced" pee out

It's likely not a bruise unless you recently just got punched hard in the gut.

Is your urine cloudy or smelling worse?

As we often tell members here with medical questions, your best bet is to seek professional help. "Forcing" pee and the other symptom of pain in the groin area can be a urinary tract infection (UTI), a bladder stone, or any other of several possibilities. Please see a doctor as soon as you can.

the 'top left' of your groin is a bit vague, but your injury sounds like a strained lower abdominal muscle (most people can't even sense their bladders, never mind exercise them). most likely that you were tensing your lower abdomen in an effort to force out pee. bladder strain feels very internal and you'll probably feel like you need to 'go' a lot, too.

a quick way to assure yourself is to do some sit-ups, though it's probably best to try minor leg-raises, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    the 'top left' of your groin is a bit vague, but your injury sounds like a strained lower abdominal muscle (most people can't even sense their bladders, never mind exercise them). most likely that you were tensing your lower abdomen in an effort to force out pee. bladder strain feels very internal and you'll probably feel like you need to 'go' a lot, too.

a quick way to assure yourself is to do some sit-ups, though it's probably best to try minor leg-raises, at the moment.
    Interesting that might be what I've been dealing the past year and a half I stopped wearing diapers cold turkey for a while and must of been forcing without realizing. Cause I had a C.A.T. scan and nothing came up and nothing on any tests.

So for this what feels like internal and that bladder feels full is actually my abdominal muscles, and i should try some abdominal exercises.
    Oh would forcing peeing cause problems with the flow of peeing.

I'm trying to find if this can lead Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in the bladder
    Last edited by edward321; 29-Jan-2014 at 13:47.

Quote Originally Posted by edward321 View Post
    Interesting that might be what I've been dealing the past year and a half I stopped wearing diapers cold turkey for a while and must of been forcing without realizing. Cause I had a C.A.T. scan and nothing came up and nothing on any tests.

So for this what feels like internal and that bladder feels full is actually my abdominal muscles, and i should try some abdominal exercises.
    well, not exactly. a muscle strain is usually short-term; if you feel as though your bladder is full all/most the time, over a long period of time (and with nothing showing on scans), that may be Irritable Bladder Syndrome. of course, you may also have a small hernia or damaged nerve anywhere around that region [bladder, abdomen] (and largely undetecable by scans, even with the dye).
    it says in your profile that you like walking, if you're comfortable with that (especially going uphill), then it's not likely to be an issue with your lower abdominal muscles or any of the musculature around the groin.

of course, it could also be psychosomatic. still, it's worth talking over with your doc.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    well, not exactly. a muscle strain is usually short-term; if you feel as though your bladder is full all/most the time, over a long period of time (and with nothing showing on scans), that may be Irritable Bladder Syndrome. of course, you may also have a small hernia or damaged nerve anywhere around that region [bladder, abdomen] (and largely undetecable by scans, even with the dye).
    it says in your profile that you like walking, if you're comfortable with that (especially going uphill), then it's not likely to be an issue with your lower abdominal muscles or any of the musculature around the groin.

of course, it could also be psychosomatic. still, it's worth talking over with your doc.
    I also metal rods in my lower back and still suffer lower back pain and have neurofibromatosis, plus I'm 10 pounds under the healthy weight (not by choice)

And I did a lot of heavy lifting in my last job
    Last edited by edward321; 29-Jan-2014 at 14:34.