Thread: Trying to get connected

Default Trying to get connected

Joined some time ago, and would really like to be better connected to others in the site. Any advice would be appreciated. My soft and shy character makes it even more difficult to be included.

Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by sledder View Post
    Joined some time ago, and would really like to be better connected to others in the site. Any advice would be appreciated. My soft and shy character makes it even more difficult to be included.

Thank you all.
    Really, the best way to get connected is to join in the discussions on the various threads. Even though you may be shy, you aren't talking with one person, face to face. You can take your time and carefully think out what you would like to say. We're a friendly group and we will appreciate what you have to say. After a while, we'll get to know you, and members will respond back to you by quoting somethings of interest that you might have to say.

Read through and join in discussions and blogs. I've got a couple that you may find interesting. Well, one at least. the other I'm attempting to get people's opinion (with very little luck) Maybe you could help me to help you. Haha.

Welcome, sledder We won't bite, so with care, we'll get along fine on here. Having dealt with shyness a lot the past few years, I think I know something of how you feel.