Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacifiers and Night Terrors?

RainbowShy

Default Pacifiers and Night Terrors?

Does anyone know if a pacifier would be good at soothing someone with night terrors? I need to find some reason for my character in my story to have one when her mom catches her sucking on one. I know for most people, it provides comfort and such too. So, I was wondering if it would help someone who has night terrors to help soothe them at night.

This came from my blog, but I figured answering on the forums would give me better and faster results though.

A story is just that... A story. I think it would be a reasonable story line. Another alternative is grinding teeth.

Realistically I dont think it would help.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by jinxed View Post
    A story is just that... A story. I think it would be a reasonable story line. Another alternative is grinding teeth.

Well, I do want the story to be realistic though. I don't want it to include something that isn't going to work in reality. I guess my second option could be that she uses it to help her sleep. I could say that she has trouble sleeping due to the night terrors, and the pacifier calms her down then.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiofSassgard View Post
    Well, I do want the story to be realistic though. I don't want it to include something that isn't going to work in reality. I guess my second option could be that she uses it to help her sleep. I could say that she has trouble sleeping due to the night terrors, and the pacifier calms her down then.
    I like the idea of night terrors because that's something that little kids experience. It will facilitate an easier connection to many things infantile. I'd go with it.

I woke up from this nightmare and my heart was beating a mile a minute. So I popped the dummy in my mouth and it calmed me down.

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I like the idea of night terrors because that's something that little kids experience. It will facilitate an easier connection to many things infantile. I'd go with it.
    You really think it would work?

Quote Originally Posted by jinxed View Post

Well I for one have to disagree. I have a form of night terrors. I have PTSD from some stuff that went on in my life and it manifests itself in a dream type thing that triggers PTSD episode. My pacifier is a must have when this happens. It is one of the things that helps me relax and come back to the real world. When I had my first ever episode my pacifier was the only thing that would calm me down outside of meds. So it is a feasible thought.

While I am a thumbsucker my pacifier helps better with hmm night panics... It puts me in a more baby mode I think. Either way sometimes it is my only way to calm down. I could see it working in your storY. Can't wits to read it

RainbowShy

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    While I am a thumbsucker my pacifier helps better with hmm night panics... It puts me in a more baby mode I think. Either way sometimes it is my only way to calm down. I could see it working in your storY. Can't wits to read it
    You can read it here. It needs more comments before I can post anymore chapters to the story. I don't want to post too much. ><

You can always invent a reason and claim it on "creative licensing". I've never noticed any difference in my dream/nightmare patterns when I use my dummy. Except they are often sexual as I kind of have a dummy fetish, it might be different for ABs who are more soothed than excited by dummies.