Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl 2013-2014

Default Super Bowl 2013-2014

This.. isn't a thread already? I'm sort of kind of sad about that, I mean I'm as cutesy and girly as you can get.. but.. FOOTBALL!

We are getting closer and closer to the Big Game. The Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos! The 12th Man versus.. Peyton Manning! It's been a while since I was excited about a Super Bowl as much as I am for this game, but maybe because the game doesn't involve the Patriots or Giants in anyway..

Oh no, the fans of those teams are going to tell me how much I should eat dirt now.. sorry. ;-;

This should be an exciting game. Both teams are great, and very capable of putting on a great offensive or defensive show. If I had to pick someone to win, it would be the Broncos but I could see it going either way. Plus, the commercials! Everyone loves the commercials! Some people I hear in a fantasy world love the halftime show too, though I'm not one of those mythical creatures.

Plus, FOX is streaming the game online for free.. so everyone should be watching! In fact, if you don't understand football just watch this guide and you'll be ready to go!

Are you excited about the big game? Who are you picking to win? Are you planning on watching either way? Do you have any questions about the Big Game that the above amazing video didn't answer? Why aren't we talking about this already?!

Go Hawks! I will be rooting for my hometown team, the Seattle Seahawks. I have been a fan since the beginning in 1976 and have been to many games over that span. Saw them twice in the regular season (49ers and Saints) and watched the rest at home with a house full of family and friends. Really looking forward to the matchup!

I am a fan of the Cleveland Browns; the most pathetic team in the NFL- but I will be rooting for Denver a team that has three times kept my Browns from the promised land. Only reason is because I like Peyton Manning; I've always thought he was an awesome player and a huge talent. Plus I like how he gives back to the communities he plays for.

Should be a good game... I'll probably get some pizza on Saturday- frozen stuff- good ones- since I know pizza places will be busy on Sunday and some beer for the game and watch it on my 60inch TV with my best friend if he comes down for it or just by myself.

I always enjoy the Super Bowl!

WildThing121675

I usually do not follow the pros but this is the first time in quite a while that I am going to plan to watch the super bowl.

If I have to pick a team, I will go with the sea squawks by a field goal in the last minute.

Not a sports fan, but I was thrilled to see that Renée Fleming is supposed to sing the national anthem. World's greatest classical opera singer, IMHO. We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of sports!

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    Not a sports fan, but I was thrilled to see that Renée Fleming is supposed to sing the national anthem. World's greatest classical opera singer, IMHO. We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic of sports!
    No, that's really interesting. I encourage people to talk about this sort of thing too. I've never heard of the person you are talking about though, I'm such a ball of embarrassing right?

I'm a little sick of the false patriotism of the national anthem before every game.
    Go Seahawks!

For the first time I can remember, I may not even watch the game. Rules changes, rules interpretation, subjective (=awful, questionable, mystifying....) officiating, two teams I care less than nothing about. Participants more than ever are either thugs or thug wannabes. I've pretty much had it with football. Even my Bears have devolved into something I don't recognize. Worst defense in the league? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    I'm a little sick of the false patriotism of the national anthem before every game.
    Go Seahawks!
    Wow. There's a cheap shot from nowhere. 15 yards for unsportsmanlike Mr. Lenin!

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    Go Seahawks!
    I feel like it's a pretty... American thing, though they are trying to branch it out and make it more of an international thing.. that's going to be a slow process of course. So I dunno, it makes sense to me. I'm sorry that it's not something you enjoy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    For the first time I can remember, I may not even watch the game. Rules changes, rules interpretation, subjective (=awful, questionable, mystifying....) officiating, two teams I care less than nothing about. Participants more than ever are either thugs or thug wannabes. I've pretty much had it with football. Even my Bears have devolved into something I don't recognize. Worst defense in the league? Seriously?
    I'm a fan of the Tennessee Titans so I'm used to some bad really bad years, in fact we were the worst defense in the season previous to this last one and I've not enjoyed the head coach we had for a while. (I think most Tenneesee fans still really miss Jeff Fisher. ) Still, I do have a love for the game itself. I feel like a lot of the recent changes are made for player safety, which I do think is important. We can't just ignore the long-term injuries that players have been suffering. Still, no one can force you to enjoy anything. I hope you do something fun that day either way!

The thread wasn't started yet as we were waiting for you to come back, giggles! Yes, I will watch it as always. Regardless of the outcome, the commercials will be talked about the next day. Will that be a different thread? Go Broncos! I pray for a close game. Blowouts usually result in people, including myself, changing channels.