Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about Leaving ADISC

Default Thinking about Leaving ADISC

Why do you ask I have been on here for some time I have posted a few blogs
    and have attempted to reach out to get to know like minded people here, After the posting of my recent blog reaching out asking for help and some advice as I am going to an area that I do not know asking where I can find diapers and suggestions as to places to go as I am truly Incon and only being able to bring a limited supply with me due to baggage restrictions and no one replying I feel left out in the cold, I have also tried to get to know others as I feel alone in facing this and dealing with this issue and yet I still am left out in the cold, I am hurt and Now I Know that I am truly alone in facing my incontinence,

Just to clarify - you posted a BLOG entry and didn't get any replies, and now you're about to leave?

I'm quite active here on this forum, but to be honest only very very rarely read the blogs. I'm not one for blogs... And from what I see the blog feature isn't highly popular in terms of use.
    Personally I wasn't even aware you had a blog here.

I've now clicked on that blog entry (TRIP...) and well I really don't see why this question would belong inside a blog... why not just post it as a topic / thread on this forum and I'm sure you'd have reached a broader audience?...

None the less I for one couldn't be of ANY help with your question, as I don't know the place you're heading to aside from a one time ride through by car years ago when I was state side for some stuff.

The same (WHY BLOG) could be said about your other blog entry (Really Hurt) - that is stuff that in my opinion would be far better placed in the forum...
    I quite certainly would have replied to you about this, if you'd posted it in the forum.... as mentioned I don't read the blogs and I have not really seen too many do it / mention them here either.

Now another thing about your logistics issue:
    How about online ordering? after all most major suppliers ship usually at least nationwide if not even international?
    If you don't have a fixed address - maybe a packing station etc?
    If it's just for a month, you can always get your local pharmacy to order products for you (but just be prepared to pay outrageous prices)....
    Most medical supply stores as well can custom order stuff for you to pick up.
    So I guess that is your best bet (and usually what I do if I'm out on a job for a time too long to carry supplies).

Aside from this: Cloth (I'm really no fan of it - but when I travel light, two pairs of Suprima PU pants (I don't wear that nasty PVC stuff) and a bunch of microfibre quick dry towels can get you a long way and are easy to wash / fast to dry.
    Not as nice or practical as disposable products, but can work.
    Other than that I find myself to use condom catheters (texas cath, condom urinals, etc... different names, same thing) more and more these days for my day-to-day stuff when I don't feel like wearing pads or diapers - at least during the day...
    don't work well during the night for me though... this would decrease your amount of stuff to pack quite a lot...
    Usually for a month I get by with like 10 bags (ok, you can flush the bags (at least certain types) and could get away with far less). Two calf-holsters for the bag. and like 30 of the condoms and a few replacement tubes.
    Still far far less in terms of packing volume than even a weeks worth of supplies for diapers and pads (I mostly wear pads during the day and diapers at night or on long drives / flights).

That aside most airlines will allow you EXTRA Luggage if you're "handicapped" - all you need is a doctors note for whatever equipment you might need to take along.
    This way (I've done that in the past) you can pack an extra suitcase for the diapers at no (or only minimal) extra cost.

And last but not least... google medical supply stores in the area where you're about to be staying ... and phone them up in advance - maybe pre-order stuff to be picked up...

I've been dealing with my IC issues my entire life - and whilst it isn't exactly easy always - there's a lot of options and stuff you can do to get by easily enough.

Hi Crinkle medic,

sorry you're feeling let down. If you want to ask a definitive question, like advice on going to a new area, then I would suggest you post a thread in the forum as not everybody has time to read all the blogs.

I'm not sure what has happened with your trying to get to know people that hasn't worked out but please keep trying there are lots of people here who I know would like to get to know you. You are not alone.

Im so sorry to hear this Crinklemedic.
    I also have IC problems, but it would be sad if you were to leave here over this.
    As EPO1 mentioned i too rarely read the blog posts, so i urge you to post in the forums.
    I can see see your point of view and i too would feel hurt if nobody reached out to me if i were to open up so honestly.
    Dust yourself off, try it again and know you are not alone and im sure many here would love to help you with your problem.
    Best regards Luckyfish!

I'm guessing it was the blog that mimicked this thread: https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...-run-out.html? Threads are generally a better way to get answers and you had a few there. If they weren't sufficient and you clarified even now, you'd stand a much better chance of getting good answers. It's also worth noting that when we ask a specific question, it's quite possible no one who sees it will know the answer. That's not cause for hurt but a realistic understanding of the way things work.

Hey, crinklemedic,.
    I really hope you will reconsider leaving. As stated earlier, not everyone reads the blogs, so I don't think anyone was trying to slight you or ignore your valid questions. As you can see, just by posting your concerns on a thread wound up getting a response so it appears people want to help. For myself, I've posted a few frivolous threads which didn't garner much of a response, however, when I had a serious and valid question or an issue to discuss, there's no better group of people to chat with than the adisc crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinklemedic View Post
    Why do you ask I have been on here for some time I have posted a few blogs
    and have attempted to reach out to get to know like minded people here, After the posting of my recent blog reaching out asking for help and some advice as I am going to an area that I do not know asking where I can find diapers and suggestions as to places to go as I am truly Incon and only being able to bring a limited supply with me due to baggage restrictions and no one replying I feel left out in the cold, I have also tried to get to know others as I feel alone in facing this and dealing with this issue and yet I still am left out in the cold, I am hurt and Now I Know that I am truly alone in facing my incontinence,
    That's because activity in the parts of this site other than the the forum (eg, blogs, groups) is extremely low compared to the forums. If you posted in the forums you'd get plenty of feedback. As in EPO1's post.

I'm having that feeling too. tho I know that I'm still a newbie, but I'm also a bit disappointed about the unkindness of some people in here and I don't know why they act that way. Even when you say "hi" to someone and get no reply at all. After all, innocence fails once again.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
    I'm having that feeling too. tho I know that I'm still a newbie, but I'm also a bit disappointed about the unkindness of some people in here and I don't know why they act that way. Even when you say "hi" to someone and get no reply at all. After all, innocence fails once again.
    He's upset because people didn't reply to one of his blog posts. It isn't unfriendly to do so, nor is it failing innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    He's upset because people didn't reply to one of his blog posts. It isn't unfriendly to do so, nor is it failing innocence.
    I know, I just was sharing my own feeling and reason about leaving ADISC.