Thread: Being a DL with children, how do you planned on doing it and how did you finally manage to do it?

Default Being a DL with children, how do you planned on doing it and how did you finally manage to do it?

The wife and I where discussing children and I expressed my biggest fear. Raising a kid while being a abdl, I didn't want to expose my child to it. So I was hesitant to lose my current privileges. Being in just a shirt and diaper and enjoying the freedom in the house to do so or being diapered the whole weekend.

Well she told me they will find out eventually and it'll be much more difficult to mitigate it and explain it. So instead of hiding it just keep it private. Just wear stuff over then and expose them normally. Tell them that daddy needs them. Which isn't a lie since I do need them for emotional reasons and just wear pants and if they see just let them see. Don't hide it raise them with it as normal. I figured this was the best way. Just keep the AB stuff behind close doors. That's something that isn't appropriate to share.

I liked this idea of doing it but sometimes ideas are better then in practice. So anyone have any words of wisdom for this?

I would say to carry on as you are for a while. It'll be a few years before you need to worry about what the little one sees or says. Once they do start chatting and making friends, take care then. Children love to talk and will happily tell their friends how you wear diapers too. You may find you naturally want to be more discrete then anyway. You'll know when the time comes and will just take it as it comes.

I think you'll find that raising a family may make you put the ABDL side on things on the back burner. You'll be surprised how having a niblet takes over your life. I'm not trying to put you off but make you aware. People tell you how you devote every moment to them, but you never realise just how much until the years have flown past. I speak from experience.

Other than that, I wish you both all the very best.

Yeah we already have a backup plan for that one, them saying diapers. We would just say that my brief look like white diapers. Tada.

I also face this predicament and truth be told im scared.
    I will never tell my kids or even know im into this since im a DL.
    Dogboy is my hero in this regard and thanks to him, i know i can do successfully.

My wife and I have two kids, ages (almost) six and nine. At the time we started trying to have kids, my wife didn't know about my diaper habit. Even now, my diapered activities are strictly private, so I've never been concerned about loss of "diaper time" due to kids. On the contrary, I was more worried that having to change a baby's diapers all day was going to throw me into some uncontrollable binge, that I'd be unable to hide it anymore, that my wife would wrongly associate my feelings with the kids and not the diapers, that I'd be branded a pedo, and that our marriage would promptly end.

Well, needless to say, my doomsday scenario did not come to pass. On the contrary, having to change a real baby's diapers was fairly off-putting at first, and never really became more than a mundane chore. Of course, giggly babies are cute in just about any scenario, but the diaper aspect never did anything for me, and actually reduced my interest in wearing by quite a bit. I didn't feel deprived, I just didn't think about it.

So, there's one story. I can imaging how, if you are accustomed to wandering around in only a diaper, some things may have to go undercover for a while.

as a parent you have to have a private life from your kids,be it trips to the cinema,dinner dates,drinks with friends or dare i say makeing more babies!or you will go mad.So why would you ever think you have to tell them you like being little? dont make a problem that isnt there.

Quote Originally Posted by diverj View Post
    as a parent you have to have a private life from your kids,be it trips to the cinema,dinner dates,drinks with friends or dare i say makeing more babies!or you will go mad.So why would you ever think you have to tell them you like being little? dont make a problem that isnt there.
    No, diaper and little are two different things for me. I would never tell my kids I like being little. That's private the diaper wearing is another subject entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    I also face this predicament and truth be told im scared.
    I will never tell my kids or even know im into this since im a DL.
    Dogboy is my hero in this regard and thanks to him, i know i can do successfully.
    Wow, thanks. It means a lot.

When my kids were in diapers, I didn't have as strong a desire, and so I was able to back burner it. When we moved to a different state, I had Fridays off, so I was able to indulge once the kids started school. That's how I worked it for many years. I can tell you that I really looked forward to Fridays, though back then, I was dealing with a certain amount of guilt.

I think that it become a day to day problem, with each day being a little different than the next. There will be days when the kids will go to bed early, because it's a school night, and that will give you some evening/night time opportunity. You can hide you stuff in your bedroom closet, maybe in a locked chest, etc. I think your biggest problem will be with disposal and smell. There are almost always solutions to these problems, especially if you are careful.

For many of us, myself included, the urge and desire to wear is strong. Sooner or later, we find ways that work for us. I would suggest that you us a lot of stealth, because I think it would be problematic if your kids discovered it.

I think I once explained that in my family, I've always been seen as a strong father figure. My kids have relied on me to be a good provider, one who has protected them and given them a safe home and environment. They see me in this role, and I think it could be damaging to them if they saw me as an adult baby. For that reason, I've always kept it hidden from them. I suspect it's my extreme love for them that makes me highly protective of their sensibilities. Once you become a father and hold that beautiful child for the first time, you'll feel it to. When that happens, you'll do the right thing. It's instinctive.