Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question on cloth diapers.

Default A question on cloth diapers.

Hia^^ so I've been looking into cloth diapers as an alt to the depends with tabs I've been using. I've looked around quite a bit and the best deal to reviews is babykins cloth diapers and plastic pants. Now I was wondering if anyone here uses them and how long they've lasted them before they needed to replace them. I spend a ruff 350 dollars In depends but would more if I wore everyday like I wish I could, but I must wear every night do to bed wetting and...for other reasons that I have to...but I digress, if anyone has or dose wear cloth, is it worth the starting cost for the cloth to use cloth? Thanks for any help -Anna

Hello,

I have used cloth diapers before. Mostly as soaker pads. I was using the toddler size cloth diapers. With cloth diapers, you get what you pay for. Cloth diapers, if taken care of will last for 10 years or more I have heard depending on use. Obviously if you only have a few you will be washing very often and they will break down sooner. But if you have a decent supply, they will last several years. I wouldn't recommend waiting more than 2-3 days to wash dirty cloth diapers. I soaked mine in a cap full of bleach, and some baby shampoo. Then when I washed them, I would wash them with the soap, and then run the full wash cycle again but this time no soap at all. Then dry as normal. They would come out very clean. And for plastic pants, don't use creams as they will eat the plastic and turn them brittle. But yea, you do save a lot of money in the long run because after you buy them, your only out the money it costs to wash them. I went back to disposables when I moved and my new place doesn't have washer/dryer hookups. But hope that helps.

-Baby Stanley

I have some of the Kins all-in-ones, as well as just the cloth alone that needs a coverpant, they are three years old, not in them evry night, but probably have 500 nights wear on them now, 2 pair of each. So far the ones with the cover attached have held up the best, the ones without have very loose elastic in the legs, but are still useable. Sure saves alot of $$$ on disposables as I wear for wetting at night as well, and they make a great cover for a dispoasble for heavy nights when I have more output. Hope that helps.

I wear Dependeco cloth AIO every night. Been wearing them now for over a year and diapers are showing no wear. They have sewn in PUL
    liners so I don't use plastic pants anymore. Here's the link all in one adult baby cloth diapers I have ten of these all together and paid for themselves
    in a little over six months. I also use a stuffer with them and haven't had a leak.

Hi,
    I wear a pre shaped inotex cloth diaper with plastic pants or most of the time with an pre shaped cloth diaper of aichner over it.
    I find that the combination of both cloth diapers is very comfortable,
    the inotex diaper is completely out of cotton and can hold about 2200 ml but you can't wear it without plastic pants as the outside becomes wet as well.
    the aichner diaper can hold only 350ml but has a plastic outer layer, is quite thin and has those anti leak sides that disposable diapers have too. The combination of both is a very comfortable cloth diaper that is not too thin nor too thick.
    I move a lot when I sleep and mostly my diapers are soaking wet in the morning but have never had a leak.
    Also it's not uncomfortable in hot summers.
    I have spend many nights, mornings and evenings wearing this combination.

The only thing you have to remember is not to wash your diapers after you washed a load of new items or items that loose their color. my wife washed a couple after a load of new red towels and I got a couple of pink diapers back.
    I got new ones to replace them. My wife didn't mind but I just didn't want to walk around or be seen by her in pink diapers.

I got mine from Maree Medical voor uw incontinentie- en zorgartikelen, wegwerpluiers, hansops en speciale kleding

If you want good quality plastic pants i'd get them here The AdultClothDiaper.Com Home Page but they don't come in cute prints unfortunately. I like their plastic pants though because most other stuff tends to wear into your legs after a while and start to get uncomfortable.

CrinklySiren

Babykins cloth diapers all the way! They even sell cloth inserts. I would recommend either Babykins or Dependco AIO diapers on ebay. Whatever you do, don't buy the cloth diapers from ABU (if they still sell them)... .totally dreadful... leaks RIGHT through the cloth as if you were wearing nothing at all.

That's too funny, I have one that is not so white anymore, but pruple... at least it's colourful! All white is a bit of a bore, but I am not about to go dyeing them to add some spice!

[QUOTE=saoradh;1150181]The only thing you have to remember is not to wash your diapers after you washed a load of new items or items that loose their color. my wife washed a couple after a load of new red towels and I got a couple of pink diapers back.
    I got new ones to replace them. My wife didn't mind but I just didn't want to walk around or be seen by her in pink diapers.
    /QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I wear Dependeco cloth AIO every night. Been wearing them now for over a year and diapers are showing no wear. They have sewn in PUL
    liners so I don't use plastic pants anymore. Here's the link all in one adult baby cloth diapers I have ten of these all together and paid for themselves
    in a little over six months. I also use a stuffer with them and haven't had a leak.
    I have used these and they wick to the outside of the diaper all the time. I do not always use stuffers though cause I do not have them. I am thinking of purchasing so Snap-ez pocket diapers as they have some pretty good reviews on them.

Ive been using for long while have 2 minki huggies pocket type night time type plus 2 waffle type more for day but not very good unless pad out. also got 2 terry ones from sandi's clobber on flea bay there bit like a contour and wrap round just take while to dry as padded but all terry there ok though plus a lighter one which is ok for daytime plus 2 bambinex all in one wrap round which are good. They all have lasted ok.I have quite alot of gary pants either high waist or normal most are in 007. thickness so heavier pvc with comfort elastic(covered) Gary make for most people like tuffy they just have them badged for them also have some polyurethane which are thin but noisy but last very long time as urine hardens pvc.
    You can get Gary in original which is elastic on edge but A that pulls away and B also wicks.
    Gary does some popper pants have a pair in 007 high waist in sapphire blue along with some others which i will be selling off (teddy bear or something prints)
    always try to get heat sealed sides and legs but sometimes with legs they can be not so good.