Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Anyone else fed up with the news lately?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone else fed up with the news lately?

    I wanted to ask is anyone fed up with the celebrity-laden news that's been going on since at least 2000?

    It's like they want us to worry about Justin Beiber and not important issues such as the NSA scandals and the Obama scandals. If it's not a reality star in trouble or a celebrity being arrest I guess it's not news anymore. It's not just celebrities it's also sports news.

    Case in point; the other day MSNBC; a news network I detest interrupted an interview with a congresswoman to break to Miami to cover freaking Justin Beiber's arrest! I found that vile and disgusting! Talk about your priorities! Celebrities are NOT NEWS! Another case is that my football team; the Cleveland Browns hired their new coach and immediately all the local affiliates were on it like white on rice.

    I've often believed there is a time and a place for sports news and celebrity news but when networks interrupt for something like that it bothers me.

    I have been watching CNN the past few hours to keep me company as I am rather bored and twice they have had lengthy segments on Justin Beiber. HE IS NOT NEWS! Sorry, but I am more concerned about the potential for terrorism in Sochi, the NSA debacle, Obama scandals- real news.

    I admit I've always been a newshound. I've always liked watching the news, learning about things and learning about various parts of the world. I have always watched the news and when I was younger; I would read the newspaper at school and or wait til my dad got home from work to read it. I have always liked learning.

    Today; I'm to the point where I don't know what to make of the news. I admit I watch CNN over all the other networks because I dislike MSNBC and Fox News with a passion plus I've always watched CNN. I admit I do watch RT sometimes but dislike how one-sided they are plus I believe RT is nothing more than Russian propaganda.

    Anyone else like me fed up with the celebrity news cycle we live in now? I only ask because I have been wanting to ask this question for a while but I've been kinda nervous about how people might react to the topic. I admit I am really, REALLY nervous... lol.

    WildThing121675

  2. #2

    Default

    Well whilst I agree fully that the stupid celebrity stuff certainly isn't even newsworthy at any level - it is what a LOT of people WANT to hear... People with a boring and overly mundane life probably fancy that kind of garbage.

    BUT - NEWS as in "good reporting" of national & international issues, documenting whats going on around the world, political analysis, economic reports has ALWAYS been rare.
    Most media-outlets are all about caring for their OWN ECONOMY (read: generating income) and only few are actually about the NEWS.

    However thankfully we live in the digital age of internet... where anyone who's willing, can assemble his own set of sources, news coverage etc.
    Get a reuters accunt, etc... theres a LOT of online coverage, you can watch news stuff online, live feeds, etc...
    You can read international news papers, etc.

    But honestly CNN? it would be news to me if they actually start to do quality news.

  3. #3

    Default

    At my end all the news is mostly negative and bad.

    Murder,rape, molestation, violent protesting, corruption at the top etc.
    In fact when a criminal stoops to a new low, we hear about it immediately on the news and that's pretty regular.

    Im soooo over it(the news).

    So I move away from the negativity and as boring as the celeb news is, at least its not negative, perhaps very shallow but that's another category.

  4. #4

    Default

    It's been that way well before 2000. Even when they do report on actual topics, the reporting is heavily biased (from both sides), incomplete, and generally quite poor.

    If you want actual news, mainstream talking heads on TV is not the place to get it.

    There's lots of good stuff on the internet, but you really have to search for it, as the same shitty mass-appeal and heavily biased stuff rises to the top on the internet the same as it does on TV and in print, however there is no barrier to entry (or a very small one) on the net, so the good stuff doesn't get completely shut out, just buried.

  5. #5

    Default

    I try not to watch the news other then to check the weather every now and again. Its just everything that comes on is negative murders,rape,ect ect. It just makes the world seem so bad they rarely ever talk about anything positive so I would rather not watch it at all.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    At my end all the news is mostly negative and bad.

    Murder,rape, molestation, violent protesting, corruption at the top etc.
    In fact when a criminal stoops to a new low, we hear about it immediately on the news and that's pretty regular.

    Im soooo over it(the news).

    So I move away from the negativity and as boring as the celeb news is, at least its not negative, perhaps very shallow but that's another category.
    didn't see that I pretty much said the same thing.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I wanted to ask is anyone fed up with the celebrity-laden news that's been going on since at least 2000?

    It's like they want us to worry about Justin Beiber and not important issues such as the NSA scandals and the Obama scandals. If it's not a reality star in trouble or a celebrity being arrest I guess it's not news anymore. It's not just celebrities it's also sports news.

    Case in point; the other day MSNBC; a news network I detest interrupted an interview with a congresswoman to break to Miami to cover freaking Justin Beiber's arrest! I found that vile and disgusting! Talk about your priorities! Celebrities are NOT NEWS! Another case is that my football team; the Cleveland Browns hired their new coach and immediately all the local affiliates were on it like white on rice.

    I've often believed there is a time and a place for sports news and celebrity news but when networks interrupt for something like that it bothers me.

    I have been watching CNN the past few hours to keep me company as I am rather bored and twice they have had lengthy segments on Justin Beiber. HE IS NOT NEWS! Sorry, but I am more concerned about the potential for terrorism in Sochi, the NSA debacle, Obama scandals- real news.

    I admit I've always been a newshound. I've always liked watching the news, learning about things and learning about various parts of the world. I have always watched the news and when I was younger; I would read the newspaper at school and or wait til my dad got home from work to read it. I have always liked learning.

    Today; I'm to the point where I don't know what to make of the news. I admit I watch CNN over all the other networks because I dislike MSNBC and Fox News with a passion plus I've always watched CNN. I admit I do watch RT sometimes but dislike how one-sided they are plus I believe RT is nothing more than Russian propaganda.

    Anyone else like me fed up with the celebrity news cycle we live in now? I only ask because I have been wanting to ask this question for a while but I've been kinda nervous about how people might react to the topic. I admit I am really, REALLY nervous... lol.

    WildThing121675
    I myself am disgusted with the news too.

    Too much misinformation and lies being told as facts, and too much emphasis upon sensational tabloid journalism.

    TV news has sunk to the level of the trash supermarket checkout line tabloids.

  7. #7

    Default

    I've been fed up with the main stream media for several years now. I barely turn on the television anymore except to play a video game or watch The Walking Dead when it comes on.

  8. #8

    Default

    I feel like I have seen this rant from you before?

    To be perfectly honest I am more fed up with the rants over the media and celebrities, rather than the media itself. Simple solution to your problem since you hate the news so much....don't watch it, don't read it, don't listen to it. Problem solved now you don't have to deal with the media and the celeb gossip anymore.

    Just a bit of advice, you will be a happier person if you ignore the things that you hate, instead focus on the things you enjoy.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FauxPas View Post
    I feel like I have seen this rant from you before?

    To be perfectly honest I am more fed up with the rants over the media and celebrities, rather than the media itself. Simple solution to your problem since you hate the news so much....don't watch it, don't read it, don't listen to it. Problem solved now you don't have to deal with the media and the celeb gossip anymore.

    Just a bit of advice, you will be a happier person if you ignore the things that you hate, instead focus on the things you enjoy.
    Aside from variations on the general theme, this one is pretty close: https://www.adisc.org/forum/mature-t...ged-worse.html. I'd say your advice in this case is pretty apt.

  10. #10

    Default

    I thought this link below might help the OP feel better. Even Bieber wants this publicity off the internet.

    http://www.thes4p.com/justin-bieber-...-the-internet/

    Sorry, my sister just sent that to me, and this seemed like an opportune time to share it.

    But seriously, I don't think the mainstream news provides much analysis of the significant issues facing our world. At best, it's a superficial analysis peppered with feel-good stories because they believe it appeals to the 'average' viewer. Here in Ottawa, the #1 news station concentrates on fluff pieces and human interest stories (lost puppy finds a home with senior citizen!), while the second- place news station has about one tenth the viewers because it actually reports on real news.

    As long as you accept these mainstream news stations as being the only credible source of what's going on in the world, you're bound to be disillusioned and will likely wind up with an ulcer. I tend to check out other alternative sources on the internet and through magazine subscriptions that both challenge and/ or reaffirm my views of the world. The information is out there, you just have to dig a little deeper to find it.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 26-Jan-2014 at 01:41.

Similar Threads

  1. no news is good news?
    By ade in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-May-2012, 19:13
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-Oct-2011, 02:11
  3. Where do you get your news?
    By tenlet in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2010, 07:48
  4. Okay, good news and bad news..
    By KarateDiaper in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-Jun-2009, 06:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.