Thread: opening up about my dl side with my partner

Default opening up about my dl side with my partner

So over a few glasses of absinthe, i let my husband know that id like to start going to bed diapered. How its a comfort thing to me, it reduces the stress im under. Pointing out how since i dont wet or mess, its no different than just thick undies.

It went relatively well. We went to bed, snuggled. He rubbed my diaper butt We fell asleep.

Hes known and endorsed my being a daddy to Little friends over the last few years. Just he made a comment once about how hed find it hard to see me as dom if i was diapered in bed. so i did it once every few months after that. It took so long for me to bring up to him that it doesnt mean im subby, just that ive a kink that i find emotionally soothing. He agreed and while still isnt thrilled at his bear being in diapers.. he had to admit that its fun to snuggle a crinkly guy

Ive just been in a good mood and wanted to share this with you all. Basically it was my own inner fears that have been stopping me from doing what i love. We really can be our worst enemy sometimes.

CrinklySiren

I've always been a firm believer in the philosophy that the only thing that holds us back from doing something that we have all the necessary resources to do, is fear. Which is why I always ask myself before doing something I am originally reluctant to do ~ "what's the worst that can happen?"

It's good to hear that you were able to overcome this fear and discuss it calmly with your partner

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    We really can be our worst enemy sometimes.
    Well, amen to that

Aside from this: glad it went well for you...

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    We really can be our worst enemy sometimes.
    Double amen to that.

that's so true, The hardest part of coming out is really letting your self say it and not the reaction or the explaining.