Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I tell my wife

Default How do I tell my wife

My wife and i have been together for some time now. Recently i had the idea of wearing a diaper again to see if i still like it, but I'm not sure how my wife will react when i talk to her about it. We are open to each other when we want to try new things and have done different things in the past when one has brought something up. How should i talk to my wife about this and bring it up.
    Last edited by Fishamongmen; 24-Jan-2014 at 13:23.

Fishamongmen (funny name btw.),

Well I'd have to say you know your wife best - thus HOW to approach this, I guess you should figure out the best strategies on your own.
    BUT - Why do you think a fetish for diapers would cross the line if I may ask?

I think from what you write, with this being your first post, thus all I "know" about you and your circumstances, you say that your wife and yourself are indeed talking openly about fetishes.
    Now do you actively engage in any fetishes (aside from the diaper thing) with your wife? has she "confessed" to have any fetish of sorts?

To be fair, I don't regard a diaper fetish as anything worse or different than a latex fetish, leather kink, etc... maybe a bit more "serious" as it (often) involves "using" the diapers. But still, there's a lot of kinksters into "Watersports" - so I guess even this is something that most people have heard off and will find either ok, weird, gross, completely off the table or absolutely amazing.

As always my recommendation is not to blow such a talk and the content out of proportions - its just diaper. it's not like you love killing kittens and drinking the blood. it's just diapers. So don't "sell" it to her as something really wrong, odd, etc...
    Next time you have a talk about kinks, mention that you have one that you've had for a long time but never really indulged... that it's diapers.
    Tell her it's ok if she doesn't want to participate - or even see you in one... but tell her that you'd like to try it out for yourself again once in a while.
    Respect her and her limits if it's too much... but also you can assure her that it will never affect her if she doesn't want to be involved.

Aside from this, its really not much different from talking about ANY type of fetish... some people are open about those things, others less so. But I'd be really surprised if she'd actually leave you about something like that.
    Unless you want to push it fully on her, like having her wear and wet diapers, do 24/7 stuff and probably start a photo blog with her as the main protagonist...

I think you may want to put this thread under the Mature Topics forum. However I do have some advice for you here. Now keep in mind I am no expert at these things but I happen to know of a site loaded with a lot of useful information for you so I will post links here for you that you may want to click on.

This is what that site suggest you do if you think it's necessary to come out
    Coming Out - ABout ABDL Home

This is what that site suggests what not to do about coming out
    How not to come out - ABout ABDL Home

And if your wife is alright with you being a Diaper lover show her these links and encourage her to come to ADISC as well for more advice

Keep in mind I am not an expert and in fact I am not even in a relationship with anyone but friends so my knowledge is limited but I did happen to know of a useful site just for these kinds of situations. This site has lots of other useful information for both you and your wife FYI so you might want to come back to it later for additional advice if applicable to your situation in the future

CrinklySiren

Quote Originally Posted by Fishamongmen View Post
    I have been with my wife since early 2009 and we got married in 2010. The last time i wore a diaper was when i was in high school and i really liked it. I have always kind of glanced down the diaper aisle when we go shopping but never act, but recently I have wanted to try one on again. Im scared that ill want to keep doing it and either my wife finds out on her own or i tell her and she leaves me. We have always been open about our fetishes or trying new things with each other, but I'm afraid this will cross the line. Please, if anyone can give me some advice on how to tell her or how to approach the issue I would greatly appreciate it. We have talked about kids for years but are waiting till she gets her degree to have them and I'm afraid that she'll get the wrong idea. Please help.
    If you guys talk openly about your fetishes, im sure she would have some understanding about the ABDL world and not associate it with pedophilia; but just be informative and clear and concise about it ~ As long as you are clear with your explanation and provide information for her to eat up, things will be fine Or you can just take it as slow as you are, by telling her that you are curious about "trying" diapers, I'm sure she would not be opposed if you guys are as open about eachothers fetishes and trying new things, it should be fairly simple.

If you've been open about previous kinks, I see no reason why you can't be open about this one. It isn't illegal, immoral, or harmful. It may be a little strange, but it isn't bad. Just keep calm and say what needs to be said. Think about it before hand, and try to brace yourself for a number of reactions. After all, it is possible that she's also a closet abdl. I find it highly unlikely, but the thought may be encouraging. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishamongmen View Post
    My wife and i have been together for some time now. Recently i had the idea of wearing a diaper again to see if i still like it, but I'm not sure how my wife will react when i talk to her about it. We are open to each other when we want to try new things and have done different things in the past when one has brought something up. How should i talk to my wife about this and bring it up.
    I am a wife and mommy to an ab and I have to b honest I thought it was weird at first but then I took the time to look it up and read bout it and understand it more mab a way u could bring it up is to go in the baby section of a store and show her some things and just ask how she feels bout it . The best advice I can give I guess is to just take it slow no her boundrys and if she trys it and she don't like it don't push her u never no she might come around eventually I hope I could help...

I spoke to my wife about it, she is still uncomfortable about the whole which is what i expected, but she said she might want to try at some point when she is more comfortable which is what im hoping for. She said she doesnt want to know when im doing it since she is uncomfortable and i accept that, but that she wont stop me if i want to wear.

You could always see if she'd like to try on one night so both a like just say not trying to force you but give it a try for night can't really see her saying no esp if you have her revved up! might even find her more into it than you though in the end so your doing the work?