Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on plastic pants?

Default Advice on plastic pants?

Hello! I've been thinking of buying my first pair of plastic pants. Should I get ones with buttons on the sides or ones without them(does it even matter)? Do you think I should get size M or S? I'm normally size S, but I intend to wear them over a diaper so maybe size M? I'd also like to know how to wash them? So what do you think? Thanks in advance.

try a larger size if you're gonna wear over a cloth diaper. I prefer ones without the buttons (snaps), as thats what we wore as kids in my family + most other kids I saw, also less risk of leaks. The only advantage of snaps would be say if you were out somewhere and didn't want to remove trousers and shoes to change them. But would you need to change anyway?

In addition to leaks, the buttons cause irritation on the waist and legs. Not good.
    Most sellers have a size chart where you can compare your waist size to get the right fit.
    BabyPants and AdultClothDiaper sell good stuff.

If your going to sleep in your diaper and plastic pants pullups are the best. Plastic pants with snaps will leak especially if your a side sleeper. The best way to wash your plastic pants is when you take a shower wash them and
    rinse them and hang on a plastic hangar to dry. You can use mild dish soap or hand soap if need to. I always hang mine through one leg opening that way they can drip out to dry.

True to all of the above. If it helps, I have a 32" waist and wear small high tops. I wear cloth diapers, so wearing in bed with the high tops keeps all of the diaper covered. I also wash mine in the shower using dish detergent. I hang them up on a plastic hanger to dry.

It's a good idea to measure your thighs as well as your waist. For some of us with strong or stocky legs, it's leg size rather than waist size that determines what size plastic pants we can wear. I wear size medium or size large for most clothing, but for the PEVA plastic pants from Baby Pants (which are great!), I need a 2XL to get a good fit in the legs.

If you're unsure what size to order, order a size up. Plastic pants that are a little bit too large may look a little bit silly, but they'll still do their job. Plastic pants that are a little bit too small will get painful quickly.

I would second all of the above too. Personally, I have never been attracted to side snaps. They are probably useful in a purely utilitarian sense if you often wear under normal clothes and need to change frequently, so otherwise it's down to purely personal taste - and there's no accounting for that! From my experience, and I have tried many different types from numerous manufacturers, sizes vary tremendously from one brand to another; a 'large' made by one manufacturer may be equivalent to an 'etxra-large' with another - so it's largely trial and error. Part of the fun though is exploring all the different varieties out there.

I always wash mine in luke-warm water with a little washing powder and then rinse and hang up to dry overnight. Do not be tempted to use fabric softener - it has completely the opposite effect on PVC!!

Good luck!

I highly recommend PUL pull on pants from Gary Manufacturing. You can buy them from Adult Cloth Diaper

Quote Originally Posted by buridan View Post
    It's a good idea to measure your thighs as well as your waist. For some of us with strong or stocky legs, it's leg size rather than waist size that determines what size plastic pants we can wear. I wear size medium or size large for most clothing, but for the PEVA plastic pants from Baby Pants (which are great!), I need a 2XL to get a good fit in the legs.
    If you're unsure what size to order, order a size up. Plastic pants that are a little bit too large may look a little bit silly, but they'll still do their job. Plastic pants that are a little bit too small will get painful quickly.
    Good point you really do not need a (plastic) diaper cover to fit snuggly only enough to keep the wet inside and the outside dry. When the diapers inside are reaching their limit it is time to change.
    Note that wearing diaper covers too small - reduces the useful life of the cover quickly especially in very tight areas (leg bands and crotch) and makes for more frequent diaper changes because of the
    reduced volume potential essentially you can not double triple up or use booster pads/soakers.
    Tight fitting thigh bands are not good for the long term of the diaper cover or the individual considering if you sit for awhile the tight bands may restrict circulation to a degree.
    If you are wearing a diaper cover it is not fashionable to wear it like tights or compression shorts. It is expected that diaper covers will have the billowing bubble look with room to do their job.
    Wearing tights leggings pantyhose and the alike may offer some of the same uncomfortable restrictions and squeeze the wetness in more areas of the diaper then intended (leaks somewhere else).

Hi only thing with Polyurethane type is that there noisey but do last far longer than pvc the PUL are a breathable type like like a layer over nylon material but good esp for daytimes/outside for night time PVC or PU are good and as been said above wash your PVC promptly as urine hardens it.
    Gary pants (USA) are top they make for most others like leakmaster etc. fleabay has many from UK/USA/GERMANY and many other places china ones are ok for while but many fail after a while Gary pants are heat side seam sealed theres two types Original and comfort go with comfort all the way as original has elastic stitched to edge where comfort the elastic is covered so last longer and more comfortable.
    As stated above check your leg sizing as most important rather than waist as too big and leak too small and breaks seams/too tight.
    Gary pants have a size chart ere slightly on side of caution as esp popper pants come up bit smaller in legs others are bit more easy fit. just measure round top of thigh.
    you can get in high waist or reg depends on what your covering ive both myself.
    Gary pants come on 007 grade thickness or thinner leakmasters are in 007 which are longer lasting than thinner plus some types go harder quicker yellow lasts the longest.
    Suprima from germany make many.
    Not sure where your from? usa has LLmedico is another good site and have measurement charts bought from them.Mommys pants? on fleabay is another.
    UK has shop4pvc. along with arizona plus some other places that make diapers and pants like Minki which i have along with Bambinex which are imported into uk from europe.
    The trouble with most disposables is for night time if side/front sleepers they leak as can't take a sudden flood where as someone that has bladder control issues normally go in little amounts.

but feel free to message me if you need any info on things as working with some that can make things for us.