Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Action figures and other kids' toys?

Default Action figures and other kids' toys?

Does anyone here actually play with kids' toys like action figures or legos?

I acquired a big collection of sci fi, mostly Star Trek toys, many of which I'd had as a child. Some that I'd always wished I could have had. Some were quite rare and hard to find. And I play with them

As a writer I love using them to make up/improvise narratives. Hours sometimes pass by and I barely realize.

Note: I'm not sure if this goes here or another section. This was my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolome View Post
    Does anyone here actually play with kids' toys like action figures or legos?

I acquired a big collection of sci fi, mostly Star Trek toys, many of which I'd had as a child. Some that I'd always wished I could have had. Some were quite rare and hard to find. And I play with them

As a writer I love using them to make up/improvise narratives. Hours sometimes pass by and I barely realize.

Note: I'm not sure if this goes here or another section. This was my best guess.
    I myself have a lot of G. I. Joe Action Figures, the 12" ones.

I made a video of them in combat against my 12" COBRA Commander and DESTRO a few days ago and put it up on YouTube.

I love playing with Lego and have done for most of my life. I'm mainly a house builder more than a robot or machine builder with it.

Although I still have lots of dolls scattered around the house, I don't play with them other than to dress them up when I feel like it.

Sounds like you found some cool toys. I have some toy cars and coloring books I want to get logos but my wife says no because she got tired of stepping on them when her little brothers had them lol so she said I could get Lincon logs or blocks instead hopefully I can get them for my birthday but for now I love to play with my toy cars and trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewiatt View Post
    Sounds like you found some cool toys. I have some toy cars and coloring books I want to get logos but my wife says no because she got tired of stepping on them when her little brothers had them lol so she said I could get Lincon logs or blocks instead hopefully I can get them for my birthday but for now I love to play with my toy cars and trucks.
    I totally forgot about lincoln logs! Those things were awesome!

I don't have any toys at the moment because I don't really get the time nor privacy to play with them. But I would love some legos and hot wheels with a bunch of green army men and a large printed rug with roads on it. Throw in some tonka trucks with a few toy guns and swords and I'd be on cloud 9.

i have lots of legos i play with and my electric lego train is so cool i have lots of rails to build a big rail road (i love lego trains) i dream of building a big lego city with a big rail road system. besides lego i play with my old toy cars from my childhood

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    I totally forgot about lincoln logs! Those things were awesome!

I don't have any toys at the moment because I don't really get the time nor privacy to play with them. But I would love some legos and hot wheels with a bunch of green army men and a large printed rug with roads on it. Throw in some tonka trucks with a few toy guns and swords and I'd be on cloud 9.
    I never had Lincoln logs when I was little but they always looked so fun I loved building stuff when I was little.

Cherub

I have LOTS of die-cast model airplanes. In only collect the hard-to-find ones though. I also have a few other larger models made out of a plastic-like resin. 99.9% of the time they remain on display, but once in a great while I will take one or two down and play with it.

re: Lego

I had the Monorail Transport Base when I was a kid. It was the centerpiece of a huge alien city.

I <3 LEGO the knight and pirates sets... not the new stuff and not the big blocks.. just sayin =D