Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GameStop Xbox 360... RRoD!

Default GameStop Xbox 360... RRoD!

So, we were at the mall today. Needless to say it was pretty packed. There's two gamestops in this mall. The first one, we just strolled in and checked out some stuff. We walked towards the back of the store -- what did we see? An Xbox 360... with three flashing red rings! xD. I busted out laughing. I asked the guy "so, when did your 360 red ring on ya?". He replied "a week ago."

I was dying.

So, we make our way through the mall, and two hours later on the way out we passed by the second store. Made our way inside just for shits and giggles, this one was a tad bigger than the other. Guess what? Walked to the back of the store... another RRoD'd 360!

Just priceless!

Secret

Imagine your xbox enclosed in a plastic case which only contributes to the heating problems that it already has and its also on for about 12-8 hours a day and little hooligan kids turning it off and on and messing with the system its gonna break eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Imagine your xbox enclosed in a plastic case which only contributes to the heating problems that it already has and its also on for about 12-8 hours a day and little hooligan kids turning it off and on and messing with the system its gonna break eventually.
    NO!! It is idiots who do not buy the fans, and cooling tower, then complain when it breaks because of that that are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    So, we were at the mall today. Needless to say it was pretty packed. There's two gamestops in this mall.
    i wonder why gamestop does that. In my town there are 2 in the one small shopping centre aswell and in dublin there is 2 on one block.

Anyone want to guess how many times my PC RROD on me while playing video games like Bioshock,TF2, UT3 etc...

NONE.

Also it never BSOD on me ever asides twice and it wasn't even hardware problems, it was user error. Meaning it was my fault.

Oh also in my town there are 4 gamestop's from what I seen. There's two malls, right across the street from each other at that and in each there's a gamestop. Two blocks away from these mall's there's a gamestop.

Though all3 sotres were under diffrent compaines once upon a time. There was FuncoLand, Software etc, and gamestop. But gamestop but the two companies out and here we are with 3 game stops within a 1/4th a mile of each other. Funcoland was the best though, thankfully they kept their staff for a long time, but sadly it lost the funcoland appeal.

When I went to best buy on boxing day, both their 360 displays had the red rings. Their Wii, PSP and PS3 were just fine of course.

Literally, every person I know who's had a 360 for a significant amount of time has had it replaced. I can't imagine the amount money Microsoft must be losing on hardware costs. However, I've heard the latest model solves the red rings problem finally.

Still, I'm glad I got a PS3 last year. The thing is quiet, cool and rock solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    NO!! It is idiots who do not buy the fans, and cooling tower, then complain when it breaks because of that that are the problem.
    Yes and no. I'd blame the Engineers (not the consumer), but it's not even their fault, (let me explain). The people responsible for the Xbox360's problems, (the heating problems specifically), are the Microsoft Corporate workers. They basically wear neck ties and make big decisions like when a product will hit the market.

So in this case, the Microsoft Corporate people rushed the engineers to throw the system together too quickly, (just in time for that November deadline), so they could catch the holiday rush and boost their profits.

It's really sad that companies do this, that's why I like Apple. Even though I love the Xbox platform (because of Halo), I hate Microsoft with a passion. Mainly because of the Windows OS.

And please don't turn this into a Mac Vs. PC topic...

Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    Good point but still there have been reports of it overheating even quicker with the fan attached. But not having a fan on the demo unit is not the stores problem its Microsofts problem. You see whatever product is seen inside the display demo case is basicly adviertising and why would microsoft want to give away free adviertising to NYKO or another fan maker when they could charge them instead? The store cant add stuff to the display, its kind of like a soda machine because there is one microsoft rep for a area and only they posses the key to the demo kiosk.

But still that many RROD in one day

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Good point but still there have been reports of it overheating even quicker with the fan attached. But not having a fan on the demo unit is not the stores problem its Microsofts problem. You see whatever product is seen inside the display demo case is basicly adviertising and why would microsoft want to give away free adviertising to NYKO or another fan maker when they could charge them instead? The store cant add stuff to the display, its kind of like a soda machine because there is one microsoft rep for a area and only they posses the key to the demo kiosk.

But still that many RROD in one day
    D: the red underlines!!!

The fans work(a lot) I have two for mine. I kept it on from when I got it to 3 days later playing it and it was still cool. The fans will not make it overheat quicker, for the fact they do not derive their power from the xbox itself. then there is the fact that it sucks the hot air out and filters cooler hair in.